Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2013 Sleevers Come In!

I like that this thread is all in one, yes, granted if I am off the boards for a day and a half like recently, then I had 5-6 pages to catch up on this topic as well as another very active topic I am following. Whew - I dont feel like I respond near as much when I am so far behind, but I am afraid that I would lose touch with December sleevers if they were not in this thread along with me because I would forget to check other boards.

I will need to be more frequent if I want to actually particpate in the discusions! By the time I have read them things have moved on :)

I love the spreadhseet Atlred, thank you for sharing - I thought I had seen that it before - glad you all found the OP.

So glad to see all the new surgeries scheduled! I am on 12/16 and have a confession to make - last week I tried to get my surgery moved up if possible to December 9th - no luck as the 9th & 16th were booked, but they could have moved me to 12/2 - WAY to soon. I was worried about not being mobile on christmas - but my scheduler (who also has had the sleeve) at the dr office assured me that I would be mobile within the same week of my surgery and so we kept it the same.

I had my hospital PRE-OP yesterday, and I think I will really like this hospital, the staff is very friendly and this is where my EDG was done. I have my Dr. Office Pre-Op Dec 2nd, then liquids start Dec 9th - I do not know what all that entails for the week, but sure I will find out on 12/2, they call it Bariatric University and have a booklet they hand out to us. They showed us a bit of it in the NUT class - and it seems extensive.

On the preparation front: I have bought fitfrappe coffee flavored chai with Protein and love it! I am glad I took a chance on it. I also purchased Torani SF syrups in some cool flavors after folliwng eggface for a while, that will be used for down the line, but they were on sale so had to go ahead and get them. I have used them in my coffee for flavoring and they are very yummy. Still need to get the Unjury chicken and unflavored, as well as a shaker bottle. I have my pillow and I will need to dig out my heating pad somewhere. I have a magic bullet, but figured that will come in more handy during pureed stage. I just froze a small serving of beef stew to try pureed - hahaha was just about to throw it down the drain and thought.... it certainly is worth a try!

Sorry for the long post... just feels like I am so behind - wishing everyone a great head start!

I too am scheduled on the 16th and freezing of stew is a great idea. I have Protein Shake stuff on hand and other cream Soups as well as popsicles.

Hi All,

I"m sorry I reported my date wrong, I"m going on the 9th of December, Pre-op the 8th. I would love to hear from a few who will be sharing the 9th or close. Thanks.

Laurie

12/11 I will be sleeved.

12/11 I will be sleeved.

Doflicker, I have changed your date on the list, and welcome bmm35, I have added your name to the list!

I just got back from my NUT and pre admission appt. I start my pre op diet tomorrow. My surgeon does a 1000 calorie diet as opposed to just liquids. He actually said I can eat on thanksgiving if I want but don't over do it however I am determined to eat within the plan. The countdown is officially on for Dec 4.

my surgery is scheduled for the 30th!

Congratulations jenny...I have updated the list and moved you up!

I am going to my first support meeting tonight! Not sure what to expect but I am eager to see what it is all about. I am hoping there are some pre-ops at the meeting. I will report back. Have any of you been going to meetings?

Also, my eating has been really bad. I need to get it together before I have to start my pre-op diet. Too many food funerals. Stupid.

Jenny~we are date buddies! I am the 30th too!

I like that this thread is all in one, yes, granted if I am off the boards for a day and a half like recently, then I had 5-6 pages to catch up on this topic as well as another very active topic I am following. Whew - I dont feel like I respond near as much when I am so far behind, but I am afraid that I would lose touch with December sleevers if they were not in this thread along with me because I would forget to check other boards.

I will need to be more frequent if I want to actually particpate in the discusions! By the time I have read them things have moved on :)

I love the spreadhseet Atlred, thank you for sharing - I thought I had seen that it before - glad you all found the OP.

So glad to see all the new surgeries scheduled! I am on 12/16 and have a confession to make - last week I tried to get my surgery moved up if possible to December 9th - no luck as the 9th & 16th were booked, but they could have moved me to 12/2 - WAY to soon. I was worried about not being mobile on christmas - but my scheduler (who also has had the sleeve) at the dr office assured me that I would be mobile within the same week of my surgery and so we kept it the same.

I had my hospital PRE-OP yesterday, and I think I will really like this hospital, the staff is very friendly and this is where my EDG was done. I have my Dr. Office Pre-Op Dec 2nd, then liquids start Dec 9th - I do not know what all that entails for the week, but sure I will find out on 12/2, they call it Bariatric University and have a booklet they hand out to us. They showed us a bit of it in the NUT class - and it seems extensive.

On the preparation front: I have bought fitfrappe coffee flavored chai with Protein and love it! I am glad I took a chance on it. I also purchased Torani SF syrups in some cool flavors after folliwng eggface for a while, that will be used for down the line, but they were on sale so had to go ahead and get them. I have used them in my coffee for flavoring and they are very yummy. Still need to get the unjury chicken and unflavored, as well as a shaker bottle. I have my pillow and I will need to dig out my heating pad somewhere. I have a magic bullet, but figured that will come in more handy during pureed stage. I just froze a small serving of beef stew to try pureed - hahaha was just about to throw it down the drain and thought.... it certainly is worth a try!

Sorry for the long post... just feels like I am so behind - wishing everyone a great head start!

I agree. I like being in one place where we follow before, during and after. Also, even if someone had surgery a week before me, will still be in a similar place. All of our instructions will be so different anyway, with a large group SOMEONE will be where we are! Lol

Hello Everyone!!

I had my final appointment today with my surgeon and nutritionist! I didn't have a weight goal before surgery, but I actually lost weight! I think it's the nerves and anxiety I am having as the date gets closer. I start my pre-op diet on Monday. 3 Protein shakes a day, plus Clear Liquids. I am dreading it, but I think I will make it!!

Any 12/11 sleevers??? Any 12/11 sleevers going to TJ for surgery? I will be going to Angeles Hospital.

Im december 3rd!!! im 27 years old. Just started the preop diet 2 days ago.

We are the same age. I get sleeved on the 2nd. Congrats!