Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2013 Sleevers Come In!

<p>hey guys im new to this forum. Im getting my sleeve done in Tijuana on December 30th, just wondering if anyone else wil be there at the same time? </p>

I won't be there the same time but I'll be there dec 11th. I'm going to A lighter Me! Where are you going ?

Im going to OCC. im really looking forward to it, and just looking through all the forums on here has got me even more sxcited seeing peoples lives change! its awesome i just wish it wasnt so far away!

I am reposting this Microsoft Excel spreadsheet that another sleever posted. I don't remember her name and it's not on the sheet, but she posted it for everyone.

I can't wait to start logging numbers into it. At the bottom, there are 2 tabs. The second one has the directions on it.

The numbers plugged in are mine but I think you just click in that first box on the top (follow the directions) and put your own starting weight and it changes everything for you.

attachicon.gifMeasuresBlank.xlsx

Love the spreadsheet! I made a much more primitive one but will enjoy using this one more.

Thanks for posting it!

Thanks everyone! I forgot about the food scale. I will pick one up. I do have the magic bullet I just bought it. It was on sale at bed, bath and beyond and I had a twenty percent coupon! I did make a list of hospital stuff. Should I bring the heating pad to the hospital? Did anyone else? Great job on day one of the pre op dieters. I will be there on Monday!

hey guys im new to this forum. Im getting my sleeve done in Tijuana on December 30th, just wondering if anyone else wil be there at the same time?

Welcome to the forum Mbindra. I have you added to the list (on page 63) and we're glad you have joined this great group!

I am reposting this Microsoft Excel spreadsheet that another sleever posted. I don't remember her name and it's not on the sheet, but she posted it for everyone.

I can't wait to start logging numbers into it. At the bottom, there are 2 tabs. The second one has the directions on it.

The numbers plugged in are mine but I think you just click in that first box on the top (follow the directions) and put your own starting weight and it changes everything for you.

attachicon.gifMeasuresBlank.xlsx

Atlanta, this spreadsheet is AWESOME! Thanks for sharing it. I have everything all set up and ready to go...this will be a great way to track everything! :D

OMG!! I had so many problems trying to get back on the site after the changes!!

Anyway, I had my NUT and behavioral classes yesterday and started my pre-op diet today! And I'm actually a little less than 2 weeks out (12/2).

We are asked to take something called Provide liquid Gold Protein shots for 2 weeks after surgery. Anyone else?

We got to taste it in class and it was nas-tee!!

I've got the Vitamins on order and some Protein Powder (samples for now) which should be here before surgery. We were told not to use a blender because it adds too much air (at least at first).

Oh - and one thing I didn't know that I learned is that Sonic sells shaved ice. I've got a feelin' I'll be buying some of that!

Thanks everyone! I forgot about the food scale. I will pick one up. I do have the magic bullet I just bought it. It was on sale at bed, bath and beyond and I had a twenty percent coupon! I did make a list of hospital stuff. Should I bring the heating pad to the hospital? Did anyone else? Great job on day one of the pre op dieters. I will be there on Monday!

I have seen people say they took it to the hospital but most are up walking the halls for the gas pain before going home. An extension cord to the hospital is good for your phone charger or heating pad if you take it.

I thought the spreadsheet was awesome! I could never do something like that! I tried finding the person who created it last night in order to give her proper credit but couldn't find her. I can't wait to start using it!

OMG!! I had so many problems trying to get back on the site after the changes!!

Anyway, I had my NUT and behavioral classes yesterday and started my pre-op diet today! And I'm actually a little less than 2 weeks out (12/2).

We are asked to take something called Provide liquid Gold Protein Shots for 2 weeks after surgery. Anyone else?

We got to taste it in class and it was nas-tee!!

I've got the Vitamins on order and some Protein Powder (samples for now) which should be here before surgery. We were told <u>not </u>to use a blender because it adds too much air (at least at first).

Oh - and one thing I didn't know that I learned is that Sonic sells shaved ice. I've got a feelin' I'll be buying some of that!

Where can you order samples of different Protein Shakes?

I thought the spreadsheet was awesome! I could never do something like that! I tried finding the person who created it last night in order to give her proper credit but couldn't find her. I can't wait to start using it!

Here's the thread where the spreadsheet was originally posted:

http://www.bariatricpal.com/topic/264421-measures-measures-measures/?hl=%2Bmeasuresblank#entry2975471

Edit - nevermind, I see AR beat me to it.

Where can you order samples of different Protein Shakes?

Unjury.com has a starter kit that has like 2 packets of each of their flavors. My facility sells Bariatric Advantage and I'm just getting a couple of each of their flavors, but on their website, they sell individual packets (bariatricadvantage.com).

Unjury also has an unflavored and that is what is recommended for us for the first week+ so I also ordered a canister of that.

That's going to be it until I see if I like these and go from there

I've decided to make a poster board to hand INSIDE my closet door (so no one sees it but me!). I will take a picture once a month in the same clothes (hopefully can find some tight workout clothes that I can still put on). Then behind the picture for each month, I will write the weight, measurements and BMI so I can see them. My hubby has no idea what I weigh. My mom will help with the measurements. Even though all he would have to do would be to lift up the photo, he wouldn't.

Maybe on my own computer, I will keep a weekly log of numbers, but I don't think I will need to take a picture every single week.

Can't wait to get all of that started!

That is a great IDEA. It will help with modivation and such

This Friday I go for my EDG and I am currently on a liquid diet until I am done with this procedure on Friday. Two days of a liquid diet are not bad. However it does make me think that right before the surgery on Dec 16 I will be on a low cal. diet. My problem or fear is this is also when I have finals and work becomes busy with student trying to get their Financial Aid done for the next term. I am worried I will fail at this. I was on a liquid diet for one full month from Sept 20 to Oct 20 of this year and I know I can do this but just thinking about it today has raised concerns for me. I know I can do this but man the thought of it sucks LOL sorry ranting about all of this.