Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2013 Sleevers Come In!

Glad to see more 12/16 folks! 4 weeks tomorrow!

Me too I look forward to Dec 16 coming. Also to hear how everyone does. I am 5'4" and 210 lbs. I have lap band and am going for a revision. When I started with the band I was 258 lbs.

Me too I look forward to Dec 16 coming. Also to hear how everyone does. I am 5'4" and 210 lbs. I have lap band and am going for a revision. When I started with the band I was 258 lbs.

Sorry for all those post my phone was being weird.

• Dec 02 Krysta03
  • Dec 02 gaslimgal
  • Dec 02 jess9395
  • Dec 02 Annadette
  • Dec 02 sookie
  • Dec 02 Nurse_Bonnie
  • Dec 02 doopa
  • Dec 02 Jerzygurl
  • Dec 02 LittleLou
  • Dec 02 Alysha23
  • Dec 02 Onedaycloser
  • Dec 02 Mskrys
  • Dec 02 Saresy
  • Dec 02 blueslp
  • Dec 03 Tasha420
  • Dec 03 SouthernCharm
  • Dec 03 redilla42
  • Dec 03 skinnynewbecky2014
  • Dec 03 Sinderelly
  • Dec 03 missmee
  • Dec 03 Browneyedgurl
  • Dec 03 Jill105
  • Dec 03 LizzyK
  • Dec 03 VSG AJH
  • Dec 03 linda305
  • Dec 04 L-in-NJ
  • Dec 04 Healthbound
  • Dec 04 MissKatt
  • Dec 04 caligirl3
  • Dec 04 tmstaves
  • Dec 05 Blondie
  • Dec 05 Lioness813
  • Dec 05 jenRRT
  • Dec 05 brennalynn84
  • Dec 05 SkinnyShanny
  • Dec 05 Vstears
  • Dec 06 kyholder
  • Dec 06 harleychic
  • Dec 06 MythunderAz
  • Dec 08 skinnyme2
  • Dec 08 doflicker
  • Dec 09 De-jo
  • Dec 09 AshleyMidwife
  • Dec 09 Sweettart702
  • Dec 09 MShell
  • Dec 09 Carlotta
  • Dec 09 vbishop
  • Dec 09 Care1175
  • Dec 09 Idlewood4
  • Dec 09 MtAirygirl
  • Dec 10 hopecomeswithtime
  • Dec 10 Andrew0929
  • Dec 10 Kornrockur
  • Dec 10 Chefcoll
  • Dec 10 Coachdk
  • Dec 10 Smilingirl
  • Dec 11 liciamarie
  • Dec 11 KaminaBlue
  • Dec 11 Only1likeme
  • Dec 11 soul2bleed
  • Dec 11 Volfan
  • Dec 11 dencob1
  • Dec 11 MnWin
  • Dec 11 Scraglycat
  • Dec 11 kadeetaylor
  • Dec 11 KatSeattle61
  • Dec 11 DeniseC
  • Dec 11 Katcloudshepherd
  • Dec 11 Cwatters1
  • Dec 11 luckyyou0521
  • Dec 12 amills
  • Dec 12 kellymoon
  • Dec 12 honeylove
  • Dec 12 beansmomma
  • Dec 13 Mommie4
  • Dec 13 amduc (and husband!)
  • Dec 13 Under1star
  • Dec 13 AtlantaRed
  • Dec 14 Sleevin It
  • Dec 16 slvrsax
  • Dec 16 elhudge
  • Dec 16 Mel1071
  • Dec 16 MGR1852
  • Dec 16 tami j
  • Dec 16 Bremartus
  • Dec 16 Redwillow13
  • Dec 16 Whittywoman86
  • Dec 16 sknyinside
  • Dec 17 Shelly70
  • Dec 17 Serenah
  • Dec 17 ginnie290
  • Dec 17 kat1548
  • Dec 17 birdbutch
  • Dec 17 princesstami
  • Dec 17 Clexie
  • Dec 17 HarlemLoser
  • Dec 17 overdue
  • Dec 17 Soonergirl101
  • Dec 17 Baeball Mom
  • Dec 17 QueenCityGal
  • Dec 18 Sns513
  • Dec 18 Nona337am
  • Dec 18 gemgirl
  • Dec 18 mija1980
  • Dec 18 Teachamy
  • Dec 18 Simpley_ke
  • Dec 20 myvsglife
  • Dec 20 Kindle
  • Dec 23 VLBrand6809
  • Dec 23 ipso_fatso
  • Dec 23 Tarheel79
  • Dec 26 ReEstDec2013
  • Dec 26 teambarbie
  • Dec 27 Carmen1963
  • Dec 28 1newday2
  • Dec 30 elsnanny
  • Dec 30 DeezJeanz
  • Dec 30 lashacarpenter
  • Dec 30 kan75251
  • Dec 30 AngiD

No date yet:

• HoustonTexanFan
  • SueRN
  • Vixey
  • macman
  • MonisNatural
  • Andrew0929
  • Besleeve It
  • georgiabelle
  • mscognac504
  • jennybgenius
  • Zoumommy
  • Cakencream
  • Lizadaze

Welcome to our new sleevers. I think I have included everyone in the list now. I am amazed at all of our December sleevers....this is going to be fun!!!

I got my date!!!! 12.12.13!!!!!

Please add me to the roll call with my other three sleevies on the 12th?

*i'd be doing cartwheels if i could

Pleas add me to the list! Surgery date 12/2 at JFK medical center in Edison, nj with dr. Abkin!!! So excited. Final pre-op class tomorrow and then just waiting! I'm so anxious (in a good way)...it has been scheduled since August! I just want to move on! Sick of being so heavy! I'm 5'4 300. Would I love to be around 150 (not sure how realistic that is)! So happy to meet so many great and inspiring people on here!

Hey December Sleevers!

I just received my approval last week and my surgery date is December 16th!!!! My process went faster than expected. It took about two months to get all my requirements done: Family doctor approval, Nutritionist appointment, and one psych eval. Have BCBS of IL. Im 27yrs old, 5'8 @274lbs. Ive always had a problem with my weight so im super excited for my day to come. Have you guys been apprehensive about telling people? I've had to stop since I keep getting all negative feedback.

Hey December Sleevers!

I just received my approval last week and my surgery date is December 16th!!!! My process went faster than expected. It took about two months to get all my requirements done: Family doctor approval, Nutritionist appointment, and one psych eval. Have BCBS of IL. Im 27yrs old, 5'8 @274lbs. Ive always had a problem with my weight so im super excited for my day to come. Have you guys been apprehensive about telling people? I've had to stop since I keep getting all negative feedback.

I have BCBS of NY and they approved me on the first call from my surgeons office. I am so happy I choose them last year! Best of luck to you :)

Hey December Sleevers!

Sorry you have gotten negative feedback! have told my family, closest friends and fellow supervisors where I work. Nothing but support. Lots of questions too! I supervise a department of 13 people and I was not comfortable telling them. It was a very personal decision. They are younger then me, skinny, and gossipy besides I'm just not close to any of them so I felt they did not need to know. All they know is I am having a medical procedure and I will be out for a few weeks. They will be able to figure it out! Outside of work I have been very open about it!

Hey December Sleevers!

Welcome WhittyWoman - I have you on the list for December 16. Congratulations on getting your date.

I, too, have always had a problem with my weight, so I don't actually know what it's like to wear 'normal' size clothes, so I am really looking forward to that. You asked about being apprehensive about telling people. It's for the very reason that you stopped telling people that I haven't told very many people. No one in my family (except for my husband, of course) knows....they have been the most critical and judgmental about my weight in my entire life...so I have purposely kept this from them until later down the line. (I live several states away from them, and only see them twice a year, so by the next time they see me after the surgery, THEN we can have a discussion about it.)

I have told just a few close friends (and was quite apprehensive doing so...I honestly hadn't planned on telling anyone), but I needed to make sure I had a back up in the event that my husband was traveling during my surgery, so I told my most trusted girlfriend, and a few friends from my church group...but have sworn them all to secrecy. Only one person that I know personally knows about my blog, and I have not told anyone else about it...it's one of those things where I feel like this is going to be MY personal victory, I am winning this fight I have fought for so many years, and I'm just not going to have the naysayers bring me down while I do it. :)

So many people have so many different experiences...some have incredible support and love, and others just get negativity and judgment. This is OUR time...this is OUR journey! (I feel like I should have "The Eye of the Tiger" playing in the background)

Again, congratulations and welcome to the group!