Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2013 Sleevers Come In!

I'm new to this blog. I am finally going to be getting the surgery. The paperwork too so long and now I got my approval from the insurance and on Monday I go in and neet eith the surgeon again. Then Wednesday I meet fir pre-op stuff and start my 2 week liquid diet. Boy idk if I can do 2 weeks on straight liquids. Scared of failure but excited for the start of a new life. I'm 31 yrs old weight as of last week was 317 (biggest yet) I can't wait to back down to 150-160ish. I'm so glad there is a support group of people going through the same thing. I've never had surgery before and so scared something bad is going to happen. Oh ya my surgery date is December 4th 2013. I wish everyone the best of luck in there journey :-)

Welcome to the group tmstaves....I have added you to the list, and we're glad you have joined us! This group is an AWESOME group for support, encouragement and just all around good feelings. Best wishes to you on your journey!

Def a great idea and hopefully we can start a new blog titled something like "Post op Dec Losers, what was weighing u down?" Then we can brag about our weight losses and challenges:) can't wait to add to the loss pile:)..gl 2 us all and Happy Holidays to come and gl to those who have to do this during thanksgiving, we have ur backs if u need us but we know that u can do this, keep ur eyes on the prizes that we will gain bc of our decisions to have this surgery! Dee:)

DeezJeanz - I have started the new thread...thanks for the GREAT idea...I can't WAIT to read everyone's success stories, and be able to cheer everyone's victories!

Def a great idea and hopefully we can start a new blog titled something like "Post op Dec Losers, what was weighing u down?" Then we can brag about our weight losses and challenges:) can't wait to add to the loss pile:)..gl 2 us all and Happy Holidays to come and gl to those who have to do this during thanksgiving, we have ur backs if u need us but we know that u can do this, keep ur eyes on the prizes that we will gain bc of our decisions to have this surgery! Dee:)

I think that's what this one was supposed to be, following each other from before, during and on to meeting goals and maintenance.

I think that's what this one was supposed to be, following each other from before, during and on to meeting goals and maintenance.

Okay, let's try that again (last post wasn't being cooperative).

You make a very good point Atlanta...how about we have the other thread be a count 'up' for how many pounds total we lost, and we can keep the encouragement and support here on this thread. That way, we can have a 'numbers only' running total of pounds lost in one thread (easily seen by everyone, and no one's numbers get lost in the threads), and this thread could be for all other victories, issues, encouragement, etc?

Welcome Amanda! We're glad you are in the December bunch! This is an awesome group of great people, so you are among really good company! Sounds like you are busy, busy, busy with six kidlets and homeschooling! Best wishes to you on your pre-op diet, and your surgery! Looking forward to watching your journey!

Thanks for the welcome! :) Best of luck, everyone!

Wow! Our group is huge!

Welcome to the newcomers and Good Luck to All!

Two days until my pre-op diet.

Going out tonight for a steak and balsamic cucumber salad, one of my favorite meals, from my favorite restaurant.

Can't believe how close we all are, December will be here before we know it. Nervous for my last appointment, I've gained weight since my first meeting with the surgeon, but there isn't a weight loss goal before surgery. I've been nervous eating since my date was established, working really hard on channeling that through something else!

Can't believe how close we all are, December will be here before we know it. Nervous for my last appointment, I've gained weight since my first meeting with the surgeon, but there isn't a weight loss goal before surgery. I've been nervous eating since my date was established, working really hard on channeling that through something else!

I hear you on the nervously eating thing. I still need to take final exams prior to my surgery date and combined they both make me nervous and distracted - can't wait to get this done and move forward.

Hello Everyone

I'm excited and nervous about my surgery on December 9. I see I'm in good company. I'm reading all the posts and writing a lot of stuff down. Good luck to everyone.

I'm new to this blog. I am finally going to be getting the surgery. The paperwork too so long and now I got my approval from the insurance and on Monday I go in and neet eith the surgeon again. Then Wednesday I meet fir pre-op stuff and start my 2 week liquid diet. Boy idk if I can do 2 weeks on straight liquids. Scared of failure but excited for the start of a new life. I'm 31 yrs old weight as of last week was 317 (biggest yet) I can't wait to back down to 150-160ish. I'm so glad there is a support group of people going through the same thing. I've never had surgery before and so scared something bad is going to happen. Oh ya my surgery date is December 4th 2013. I wish everyone the best of luck in there journey :-)

Yay we have the same surgery date!! I see nutritionist and have my pre admission stuff done on Thursday then on to the liquid diet. I have been drinking a Protein Shake for Breakfast and then a light lunch and dinner for the last 2 weeks to try get prepared. It will be a little tough at first but I'm looking forward to it because that puts me one step closer to the big day.

Hi all! I'm new to Bariatric Pal...my VSG is schedule for Dec. 5th. I'm excited and nervous...but mostly excited. I'm so glad that I found a group of others having surgery around the same time. While seeing people 8 months out is very inspirational...it's nice to know that you're not alone, going through things for the first time, and to have others you can relate to when you're "in the thick of it"! LOL!

I look forward to keeping up with everyone and to seeing your progress!

Congratulations to all of you!!

Hi all! I'm new to Bariatric Pal...my VSG is schedule for Dec. 5th. I'm excited and nervous...but mostly excited. I'm so glad that I found a group of others having surgery around the same time. While seeing people 8 months out is very inspirational...it's nice to know that you're not alone, going through things for the first time, and to have others you can relate to when you're "in the thick of it"! LOL!

I look forward to keeping up with everyone and to seeing your progress!

Congratulations to all of you!!

Hello everyone my sleeve date is 12-28-13 which I will double check because that is on a Saturday. I was banded in 06 and just had the band removed this month. I'm excited and nervous about being sleeved in December.