Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2013 Sleevers Come In!

Cannot stand the new update! When I use my PC, it takes 15 minutes to load and the freezes! It's better on the iPad and not very good on the android. Sure hope it gets better soon! I will try to update the new members and dates as soon as I can!

Atlanta...if you would like, I could update the list for you? I don't want to step on any toes, but I would be happy to help if you would like.

I am Dec 10th in NH!

Welcome chefcoll...so glad you are here, and best wishes to you on your journey! It's amazing how quickly the time is going...we'll all be sleeved before we know it!

Just joined. I'm scheduled for Dec 17!

Welcome SoonerGirl! Glad you have joined us, and congratulations on your date! December 17th is becoming pretty popular here too...so you'll have lots of sleeve buddies on the same day!

Hi. New here. Hoping to be sleeved on Dec 3rd. Will know at the end of week if my insurance will cover it. If not, I'm going to Mexico! I will get this surgery one way or another. It's going to be hard getting it done in December as I have about 5 different holiday parties, Christmas as well as starting a new job. I know it's a lot and I'm a little sad I won't be able to eat or drink at any of these, but then again, I don't want to gain the usual holiday weight or feel uncomfortable in all these social settings like I usually am because of my weight.

Looking forward to all the fellow December sleevers stories as we will all be going through this together.

Welcome LizzyK. I know what you mean about the Christmas parties, and such. The only friends of mine that currently know are trying to schedule a holiday 'girls' party, and since I have to start my liquid diet on 12/4, they are trying to decide if it is just better to have it be a 'Thanksgiving girls party instead'. It will be so strange since I haven't told hardly anyone, so I assume that there will be the usual baked goods given as gifts this year...but I won't be eating those...more for my hubby...LOL

Glad you are here, and look forward to hearing about your journey!

Having troubles staying subscribed :(.

Denise are you having trouble staying subscribed on the actual website or on a smartphone app? I know that when I am on my iPad, after I post anything in this thread, I always have to go to the little box in the upper right hand corner, tap on it, and then I see that I am no longer subscribed. I tap 'subscribe' and I'm good to go.

If you are on the actual website, there is a link at the top of the page that indicates if you are having any technical issues, to let them know. I know that I have let them know already about the not staying subscribed issue, but you might just jot them a quick note as well. Hopefully they are working on it. We don't want to lose our buddies!

Hi all -- I'm Amanda, 37-year-old homeschooling mama to six kiddos. I weighed 267 at my initial surgical consult. 276 was my highest weight 13 years ago, and I've hovered between 255-270 for the last several years.<p>

I've completed the insurance requirements and have been approved by Cigna. I start my pre-op diet on 11/18/13, and my surgery date is scheduled for 12/03/13.

Welcome Amanda! We're glad you are in the December bunch! This is an awesome group of great people, so you are among really good company! Sounds like you are busy, busy, busy with six kidlets and homeschooling! Best wishes to you on your pre-op diet, and your surgery! Looking forward to watching your journey!

Having troubles staying subscribed :(.

Denise are you having trouble staying subscribed on the actual website or on a smartphone app? I know that when I am on my iPad, after I post anything in this thread, I always have to go to the little box in the upper right hand corner, tap on it, and then I see that I am no longer subscribed. I tap 'subscribe' and I'm good to go.

If you are on the actual website, there is a link at the top of the page that indicates if you are having any technical issues, to let them know. I know that I have let them know already about the not staying subscribed issue, but you might just jot them a quick note as well. Hopefully they are working on it. We don't want to lose our buddies!

Thank you :) it's all on my phone. Seems to be working the last 24hrs we will see what today brings us :)

Works for me! Thanks! I know I need to at Cwatters1 on the 11th, Chefcoll on the 10th, Soonergirl101 on 17 and LizzyK on 3rd (so far) unless I missed others!

Atlanta...if you would like, I could update the list for you? I don't want to step on any toes, but I would be happy to help if you would like.

• Dec 02 Krysta03
  • Dec 02 gaslimgal
  • Dec 02 jess9395
  • Dec 02 Annadette
  • Dec 02 sookie
  • Dec 02 Nurse_Bonnie
  • Dec 02 doopa
  • Dec 02 Jerzygurl
  • Dec 02 LittleLou
  • Dec 02 Alysha23
  • Dec 03 Tasha420
  • Dec 03 SouthernCharm
  • Dec 03 redilla42
  • Dec 03 skinnynewbecky2014
  • Dec 03 Sinderelly
  • Dec 03 missmee
  • Dec 03 Browneyedgurl
  • Dec 03 Jill105
  • Dec 03 LizzyK
  • Dec 03 VSG AJH
  • Dec 04 L-in-NJ
  • Dec 04 Healthbound
  • Dec 04 MissKatt
  • Dec 04 caligirl3
  • Dec 05 Blondie
  • Dec 05 Lioness813
  • Dec 05 jenRRT
  • Dec 06 kyholder
  • Dec 06 harleychic
  • Dec 08 skinnyme2
  • Dec 09 De-jo
  • Dec 09 AshleyMidwife
  • Dec 09 Sweettart702
  • Dec 09 MShell
  • Dec 09 Carlotta
  • Dec 09 vbishop
  • Dec 09 sknyinside
  • Dec 09 Care1175
  • Dec 10 hopecomeswithtime
  • Dec 10 fpmr96a
  • Dec 10 Kornrockur
  • Dec 10 Chefcoll
  • Dec 11 liciamarie
  • Dec 11 KaminaBlue
  • Dec 11 Only1likeme
  • Dec 11 soul2bleed
  • Dec 11 Volfan
  • Dec 11 dencob1
  • Dec 11 MnWin
  • Dec 11 onedaycloser
  • Dec 11 Scraglycat
  • Dec 11 kadeetaylor
  • Dec 11 KatSeattle61
  • Dec 11 DeniseC
  • Dec 11 Katcloudshepherd
  • Dec 11 Cwatters1
  • Dec 12 amills
  • Dec 12 kellymoon
  • Dec 12 honeylove
  • Dec 13 Mommie4
  • Dec 13 amduc (and husband!)
  • Dec 13 Under1star
  • Dec 13 AtlantaRed
  • Dec 14 Sleevin It
  • Dec 16 slvrsax
  • Dec 16 elhudge
  • Dec 16 Mfs
  • Dec 16 MGR1852
  • Dec 16 tami j
  • Dec 17 Shelly70
  • Dec 17 Serenah
  • Dec 17 ginnie290
  • Dec 17 kat1548
  • Dec 17 birdbutch
  • Dec 17 princesstami
  • Dec 17 Clexie
  • Dec 17 HarlemLoser
  • Dec 17 overdue
  • Dec 17 Soonergirl101
  • Dec 18 Sns513
  • Dec 18 Nona337am
  • Dec 18 gemgirl
  • Dec 18 mija1980
  • Dec 18 Teachamy
  • Dec 18 Simpley_ke
  • Dec 20 myvsglife
  • Dec 23 VLBrand6809
  • Dec 26 ReEstDec2013
  • Dec 26 teambarbie
  • Dec 27 Carmen1963
  • Dec 30 elsnanny
  • Dec 30 DeezJeanz
  • Dec 30 lashacarpenter
  • Dec 30 kan75251

No date yet:

• beansmomma
  • HoustonTexanFan
  • AngiD
  • SueRN
  • Vixey
  • macman
  • MonisNatural
  • fmpr96a
  • Tarheel79
  • Coachdk
  • Besleeve It
  • georgiabelle
  • mscognac504
  • Smilingirl

Okay, I think I added all of the latest ones. If you aren't on the list, or have a date that needs to be added, just let me know!

Awesome bunch of peeps here!

Hi! I got my approval Friday and schedule my surgery date yesterday! I'm all set for December 5! Now I'm excited AND anxious. lol

Congrats on getting your date and welcome to the group! That's the date I was hoping for but I got Friday the 13th!!

Hi! I got my approval Friday and schedule my surgery date yesterday! I'm all set for December 5! Now I'm excited AND anxious. lol

Congratulations JenRRT! We are surgery sisters!! :)

I'm anxious, nervous and excited but sooo ready for this to happen. Our new lives are right around the corner.

Jeez!! It's so cool that our group just continues to grow!

AtlantaRed and MnWin - thanks for keeping our monstrous list in check. :)

So I had my last NUT appointment until after surgery, she gave me all my pr-op and post of diet dos and don'ts. So once my date is official and I start my pre op diet I get to have 5-6 Protein Shakes per day depending on the brand I choose along with sugar-free Gelatin and popsicles and broth. I also can have Water, tea and coffee w/o sugar. My doctor said it will be 2-3 weeks long. I'm hoping if my date is the 16th that I don't have to start before thanks giving. What I find strange is that my doctor is having me do a 2 week clear liquid diet after surgery with no Protein shakes just diluted juice, regular Jello, popsicles and broth which I find strange.