Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2013 Sleevers Come In!

birdbutch here. I got my date yesterday... Dec 17 th. Now that it's definite, I feel a little scared. Happy, but scared at the same time.

Hello!!! I have not heard from the Baratric center but I called my INC and they said YES I'm approved!!!! December 30th is my life changing day. I originally was approved for gastric bypass was two weeks away from surgery and it did not feel right, I could not get over the malabsorption, and losing the bottom part of your stomach that lets alittle food out at a time Into your intestines. So I now feel really good I'm ready for a new life!

Congrats!! We are surgery date buddies! There's 3 of us....we are the caboose if the December group!! Whoo-hoo :)

birdbutch here. I got my date yesterday... Dec 17 th. Now that it's definite, I feel a little scared. Happy, but scared at the same time.

Congrats on the date birdbutch! It'll all be worth it!!!

I. Got my. Date!!!!! December 4th I will be sleeved!!!! HUGE SIGH OF RELIEF, and I can breathe again! Now I need to come up with the co-pay! Haha...

Yay Caligirl....very exciting news! I know what you mean about feeling like you can breathe again...I felt the exact same way!

i am having trouble getting in for my psych eval. The doctor is booked until December 5. i asked to be put on their cancellation list so I have now been moved up to November 26. This is my last hoop and I am afraid I won't get through it in time for December surgery. I am going to call the surgeon's office Monday and see if there is anything they can do to hurry this along, also going to call the psych office to make sure they keep trying to move my appointment up. I would appreciate prayers that I can get this done! It is exciting to see so many get their surgery scheduled!

I am praying for you, and hoping that everything speeds right along for you!

My surgery has been scheduled for November 20th so please remove my name from your December list. Will miss your posts but glad to get an earlier date. Good luck to all.

Congratulations on all of the new dates!!! I will update the mega list tomorrow when I get back on the PC!

Spoke with a friend today who is 5 weeks post sleeve - her advice was to not depend too much on tasting and buying Protein Drinks pre-op because the ones she liked, she couldn't stand post-op as your preferences will change. She also said when you find what you like look at on-line sites because many will ship for free with bulk amounts and will sometimes set up a recurring order for you.

Maybe this will help someone else, I don't think I will bother with the drinks pre-op other than to maybe have a small variety to try when I get home.

Hi, my name is Alysha and I'm proud to finally say that "I'm a December Sleever"! My surgery date is December 2nd. Yeah!!! As you can tell I'm a little excited. My husband says that he's never seen anyone so excited about having major surgery. Right, Exactly he's never had a BMI of 40. (Wait, I just noticed there's not tickers. Sad face) Back too me! I just turned 40, a stay-at-home mom of a wonder five year old son "Ty", a wife and a four year cancer survivor. I was approved by UHC and have been going through this process since the beginning of the year. I thought this day would never come and I'm glad its here.

Height 5 9"

HW 289

CW 260

GW 180 would be nice!

Hello and welcome to the Dec losers to be! Congrats on ur date, praise God on ur 4 yr cancer free, and glad to share this soon to b wonderful exp w u! Gl and cya on the losers bench Lord willing. I'm Dee Dee btw, Dec 30 cabooser! Have a gn:)

Spoke with a friend today who is 5 weeks post sleeve - her advice was to not depend too much on tasting and buying Protein drinks pre-op because the ones she liked, she couldn't stand post-op as your preferences will change. She also said when you find what you like look at on-line sites because many will ship for free with bulk amounts and will sometimes set up a recurring order for you. Maybe this will help someone else, I don't think I will bother with the drinks pre-op other than to maybe have a small variety to try when I get home.

My plan too. chocolate ready to drink Premier Protein, unflavored and Gatorade, Unjury chicken broth flavored and a few different Isopure clears!

Same date for me!

Hello and welcome to the Dec losers to be! Congrats on ur date, praise God on ur 4 yr cancer free, and glad to share this soon to b wonderful exp w u! Gl and cya on the losers bench Lord willing. I'm Dee Dee btw, Dec 30 cabooser! Have a gn:)

Thank you very much Mrs. Dee Dee. Our God is the only reason I'm hear today and able to take this next step!

This is why I love this site! gn:)

I got my date on Thursday, and I am going in 12/26! Nervous, excited. Oh my

Yay TeamBarbie! Glad to hear you got your date!