Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2013 Sleevers Come In!

I'm a first grade teacher and am HOPING that Christmas break (2 weeks) will be enough time to recover because I can't stand thought of having to do lesson plans for an extended period of time

My doctor is keeping me off of work for 4 weeks. I have a desk job and plan on using this time to give my body time to heal and to get myself acclimated to my new way of eating.

Here's a thought to help you all through the recovery and your time off:

Whenever you're feeling rough or wondering if you will be ready after a week, 2 weeks, 4 weeks, just think of me. I have a history of terrible recoveries from procedures and I will have 2 nights (one would be a regular work night and one is a night I'm off) in the hospital and hopefully 2 nights when I get home (one a regular night off and one a work night). So, that will be only 2 nights off of my home desk job.

That should make you take a sigh of relief!

:)

My aunts kinda mad about me getting it done around Christmas and New Years. There will be quite a few traditions I won't be able to do but the sooner I get this done the better. And at least we all get thanksgiving. I think I would be quite miserable with my broth at the table and watching everyone mow down on turkey, mashed taters and casseroles lol. My family does turkey enchiladas the next day too. Lol

My aunts kinda mad about me getting it done around Christmas and New Years. There will be quite a few traditions I won't be able to do but the sooner I get this done the better. And at least we all get thanksgiving. I think I would be quite miserable with my broth at the table and watching everyone mow down on turkey, mashed taters and casseroles lol. My family does turkey enchiladas the next day too. Lol

I understand, I am having mine done Dec 13th, I feel the same, at least I get Thanksgiving..lol But I feel I don't need food to make me or the Holidays better! I will be better and happier thin, and I can still help cook and make my family a great meal, I just wont be able to enjoy it with them, but that doesn't take away from the Holiday. Its about Family and love! Good luck and hope she doesn't stay mad too long!

Ok so now I am super nervous.... My date has been moved up to Dec 9th!!! I am kind of liking that since I will have to start my pre op diet 2 weeks before - meaning Thanksgiving week! It will be a true test to my new life style change! I am also happy to say I have been soda free since the last week of Sept. Big feat for me considering I was drinking about 4-6 a day -OMG it's no wonder I am the weight I am.

Ok so now I am super nervous.... My date has been moved up to Dec 9th!!! I am kind of liking that since I will have to start my pre op diet 2 weeks before - meaning Thanksgiving week! It will be a true test to my new life style change! I am also happy to say I have been soda free since the last week of Sept. Big feat for me considering I was drinking about 4-6 a day -OMG it's no wonder I am the weight I am.

Oh my gosh, I would be excited and scared at the same time!!

elsnanny is going to be very upset that she is losing her sleeve buddy!

I would be all for missing Thanksgiving, I am definitely DONE with this lifestyle. I don't have a preop diet but I am starting my wean off of sugary drinks and carbs! Tonight was the last italian night for me (Carrabba's). In the future, though, they have an amazing spicy sausage and lentil Soup that I can have as my family has pasta!

I will definitely be one of the strict high Protein low carb, no white foods kinda sleever girl!

Good job on giving up the soda!! I know that's hard!

I will change your date on the list!

I am definitely both excited and nervous - and so ready to be on my way to my new :) I plan on eating one last good meal - just haven't made up my mind yet what that is lol

Edited by vbishop

Hey excited. I'm waiting on my approval now but I hope to get sleeved between December 14-24. I'm 5'7 and 327.

Got my date -- December 10.

My surgeon is making me do a 3-week liquid/low-cal diet.

I'm both excited and freaked out.

Andrew

No BIG Thanksgiving Meal for me this year.. My surgery is Dec 2nd...Nov 18th I start my 14 day pre-op which is 3 ounces of lean Protein, 8 ounces of veggies for Breakfast, lunch and dinner. I've already started practing no drinking with my meals or 30 min before or after I eat..and chewing, chewing, chewing.. the not drinking with the meal seems to be the most difficult at this point. I gave up soda back in July...so I don't miss it anymore.

I hear you Jerzygurl! My doctor is not requiring a pre op diet but I will not be grazing ALL day on Thanksgiving! My pre op appointment is on the 26th and I don't want to gain any weight between now and surgery.

I'm with you Blondiee - my pre-op appointment is on the 25th. My surgeon is only having me do a 2 day pre-op clear liquid diet and told me he just doesn't want me to gain between the time he and I met (early Sept) and the date of surgery. Right now I think I am one pound up over what I weighed then but that could be just Water. Ideally my goal is to take a few pounds off between now and surgery just to get myself on the right track.

Ok, this is what I've come up with for dates. Let me know when you have a solid date and I can update the list.

1. Dec 02 Krysta03
  2. Dec 02 gaslimgal
  3. Dec 02 jess9395
  4. Dec 02 Annadette
  5. Dec 02 sookie
  6. Dec 02 Nurse_Bonnie
  7. Dec 02 doopa
  8. Dec 02 Jerzygurl
  9. Dec 03 Tasha420
  10. Dec 03 SouthernCharm
  11. Dec 03 redilla42
  12. Dec 03 skinnynewbecky2014
  13. Dec 03 Sinderelly
  14. Dec 03 missmee
  15. Dec 03 Browneyedgurl
  16. Dec 04 L-in-NJ
  17. Dec 04 Healthbound
  18. Dec 04 Katdrox
  19. Dec 05 Blondiee
  20. Dec 05 Lioness813
  21. Dec 06 kyholder
  22. Dec 06 harleychic
  23. Dec 09 De-jo
  24. Dec 09 AshleyMidwife
  25. Dec 09 Sweettart702
  26. Dec 09 MShell
  27. Dec 09 Carlotta
  28. Dec 09 vbishop
  29. Dec 09 sknyinside
  30. Dec 10 hopecomeswithtime
  31. Dec 10 fpmr96a
  32. Dec 11 liciamarie
  33. Dec 11 KaminaBlue
  34. Dec 11 Only1likeme
  35. Dec 11 soul2bleed
  36. Dec 11 Volfan
  37. Dec 11 dencob1
  38. Dec 11 MnWin
  39. Dec 11 onedaycloser
  40. Dec 11 Scraglycat
  41. Dec 11 kadeetaylor
  42. Dec 11 KatSeattle61
  43. Dec 11 DeniseC
  44. Dec 12 amills
  45. Dec 12 kellymoon
  46. Dec 12 honeylove
  47. Dec 13 Mommie4
  48. Dec 13 amduc (and husband!)
  49. Dec 13 Under1star
  50. Dec 13 AtlantaRed
  51. Dec 14 Sleevin It
  52. Dec 16 slvrsax
  53. Dec 16 elhudge
  54. Dec 16 Mfs
  55. Dec 16 MGR1852
  56. Dec 16 tami j
  57. Dec 17 Shelly70
  58. Dec 17 Serenah
  59. Dec 17 ginnie290
  60. Dec 17 kat1548
  61. Dec 18 Sns513
  62. Dec 18 Nona337am
  63. Dec 18 gemgirl
  64. Dec 18 mija1980
  65. Dec 18 Teachamy
  66. Dec 18 Simpley_ke
  67. Dec 26 ReEstDec2013
  68. Dec 27 Carmen1963
  69. Dec 30 elsnanny
  70. Dec 30 DeezJeanz

No date yet:

1. beansmomma
  2. HoustonTexanFan
  3. AngiD
  4. SueRN
  5. Vixey
  6. macman
  7. MonisNatural
  8. fmpr96a
  9. Tarheel79
  10. SeniorMoment
  11. Coachk
  12. kan7525
  13. caligirl3
  14. Besleeve It
  15. georgiabelle
  16. mscognac504
  17. Jill105

Gl to all. I've been going threw this since June 28, 2013. After doing all that I was supposed to do, I had to wait another month due to military furlow. As aggravated as I was, a family situation arose and it made me appreciate the furlow. Well, we try again, and bc of gov shut down, I was then put on a waiting list bc they decided to do only emergency type surgeries or as they called it, those non electives. So 2014 Jan/Feb was my call date. I pouted, ate, had lost weight but regained. So another month passes and while shoppn n Walmart, I get a call. It was the nurse who says, uve been bumped up to preop 12/13/13, woohoo, Friday the 13th, as if!! Anyways, I was still happy, surgery date the 20th!! Well I literally danced a small jig in the sewing dept, lol. I get home, not 5' after telling my hubby, he hands me the phone, same nurse sayn sorry the docs can't do surgery then bc of holidays, I'm sooo sorry!! So now I'm devastated but she says, still com on the 13th but we will do surgery on the 30th. No dance, but I smiled and prayed that this will b the date! So as for now, I'm a Dec girl with fingers crossed, if not I'll b bck to cry yall a river. Thx for listening, gl December sleevers!

Edited by DeezJeanz

Ok, I added Andrew (fpmr96a) to Dec 10 (yay now there are 2) and mscognac504 to the unknown date list.

I find it odd that we have 83 December people yet only 68 people following this thread! I wonder if they changed their minds, changed their dates or don't like us? Hmm....

Hopefully I get to update again tomorrow with MY date!!

Got my Upper GI and EKG and that's all!

The radiologist said the upper GI was clear. Doctor's office said they would get the results this afternoon and the surgeon should sign off tonight and I should get a call from the scheduler tomorrow!

DeezJeanz, I know you were soooo hoping for an earlier date but this group really needed a Dec 30 person for elsnanny to have a surgery buddy!

Welcome to our December group!!