Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2013 Sleevers Come In!

wow' date=' we need more peeps!! There has got to be more getting sleeved in Dec...come on people..lol I am 36 and have not always been heavy. I was thin my whole child hood through my mid 20's. I gained weight slowly thanks to depression and bad relationships. I slowly began to hate myself and the way I looked and felt helpless. I tried every diet imaginable and succeeded at some but always gained the weight back. I would gain more back at times too, becoming even heavier than I was before I dieted! Now that I am older it is harder to even lose 20lbs, and when I do lose I don't even drop a pant size which is upsetting and makes it hard to stick to a diet. I discovered weight loss surgery and prayed that I would qualify and after jumping through many hoops in the circus of doc appts and insurance I was finally approved and my surgery date is December 13!!! I simply can not wait! I am trying to stock up on things I will need before I go in so that when I get home life will be a little easier! Thanks and good luck to you all and I hope we get more Dec sleevers!!

wowwowowiowo Wowowonnnslkwowo[/quote']

Girl im right behind u...Dec. 14 is my date!!

I have 2 jobs. One job' date=' a nanny, I only women 2 days a week and I will take one week off there. The other job, I work at my computer 4 hours a night. I will be lucky to get 2 nights off starting postop day #3 or 4.[/quote']

I'm a nanny too! I'm taking 2 weeks off. I had my gallbladder out last year and went back after a week so I gave myself a generous window of time for the sleeve. My nanny kids are 6, 4 and 2, but I only work 8-3 and the two older kids are at school all day and the 2yo sleeps from 12-3. So realistically 4 hours of "work" a day. Hoping I'll be ok :)

so how long is everyone taking off?

I am taking 3weeks, plus a 4th week of already planned vacation time for Xmas.

I am taking 3weeks' date=' plus a 4th week of already planned vacation time for Xmas.[/quote']

I'm scheduled Dec 13. Theoretically am going back January 2 after our company break. I do a lot of bending and lifting and stand all day so I guess it depends on the surgeons recommendation :/

I'm scheduled Dec 13. Theoretically am going back January 2 after our company break. I do a lot of bending and lifting and stand all day so I guess it depends on the surgeons recommendation :/

Dec.13???? Im dec14th a day later i would love to hear about your journey when do u start pre-op

I'm a nanny too! I'm taking 2 weeks off. I had my gallbladder out last year and went back after a week so I gave myself a generous window of time for the sleeve. My nanny kids are 6' date=' 4 and 2, but I only work 8-3 and the two older kids are at school all day and the 2yo sleeps from 12-3. So realistically 4 hours of "work" a day. Hoping I'll be ok :)[/quote']

Hey! My kids are almost 12 and 14 so really I just clean the house twice a week and do so pickups here and there. So ok ok now they will let me take a week off (2 days) and when I come back I can take it easy.

Any South Florida Sleevsters?? My surgeon is Dr Brett Cohen with Memorial Hospital! They gave some great support groups 2x a month!

Miami, FL here!!

I purposely chose December since my job gives us some time off for the holidays. So I will just use a few of my vacation days and piggy-back it with the days my jobs gives me. This will give me a total of 2 weeks off. I wont really be able to partake in all the festivities, but hey, that is quite all right!! I will be on my way to a healthier me! I will cheer to that ;)

Hi, all

I am 66 and in San Antonio. I have been considering wls for years, and seem to have gotten up one morning a few weeks ago and said "this is it!" I have been a tennis player, but haven't been able to play for about four years due to knee problems. Had a knee replacement last Nov, but feel too big to get back to playing. Sure looking forward to it next spring. I seem to be a "fast track" person...just needed the Psych, one NUT visit and two year weight history. Just waiting on the psych report to be faxed, which should be mid next week. My insurance usually approves quickly, so I may have a date in a couple weeks. Pretty sure it will be early Dec, although could happen last week of Nov. Surgeon is Dr Mickey Seger, BMI.

My surgeon and his office seem confident I will have my surgery before the end of the year. I still have my psych eval and then final approval from my insurance company before I get an actual date. I am shooting for Dec 16 or 23 because I will be on Christmas break.

I am excited!

Welcome to all of the newcomers! Can't believe how many December sleevers we have! So great that almost everyone has a sleeve buddy!

I will update our list when I get to my computer!

I asked my surgeon how long I should expect and he said 10-14 days. I am a teacher (middle school) so I don't lift stuff. He said I wouldn't be 100% but if I could rest at lunch and on my plan period I would be ok. My own kids fall activities are wrapping up now so evenings won't be as crazy and I can relax and go to bed early if I need to.

Ok, this is what I've come up with for dates. Let me know when you have a solid date and I can update the list.

1. Dec 02 Krysta03
  2. Dec 02 gaslimgal
  3. Dec 02 jess9395
  4. Dec 02 Annadette
  5. Dec 02 sookie
  6. Dec 02 Nurse_Bonnie
  7. Dec 02 doopa
  8. Dec 02 Jerzygurl
  9. Dec 03 Tasha420
  10. Dec 03 SouthernCharm
  11. Dec 03 redilla42
  12. Dec 03 skinnynewbecky2014
  13. Dec 03 Sinderelly
  14. Dec 03 missmee
  15. Dec 03 Browneyedgurl
  16. Dec 04 L-in-NJ
  17. Dec 04 Healthbound
  18. Dec 04 Katdrox
  19. Dec 05 Blondiee
  20. Dec 05 Lioness813
  21. Dec 06 kyholder
  22. Dec 06 harleychic
  23. Dec 09 De-jo
  24. Dec 09 AshleyMidwife
  25. Dec 09 Sweettart702
  26. Dec 09 MShell
  27. Dec 09 Carlotta
  28. Dec 10 hopecomeswithtime
  29. Dec 11 liciamarie
  30. Dec 11 KaminaBlue
  31. Dec 11 Only1likeme
  32. Dec 11 soul2bleed
  33. Dec 11 Volfan
  34. Dec 11 dencob1
  35. Dec 11 MnWin
  36. Dec 11 onedaycloser
  37. Dec 11 Scraglycat
  38. Dec 11 kadeetaylor
  39. Dec 11 KatSeattle61
  40. Dec 11 DeniseC
  41. Dec 12 amills
  42. Dec 12 kellymoon
  43. Dec 12 honeylove
  44. Dec 13 Mommie4
  45. Dec 13 amduc (and husband!)
  46. Dec 13 Under1star
  47. Dec 14 Sleevin It
  48. Dec 16 slvrsax
  49. Dec 16 elhudge
  50. Dec 16 Mfs
  51. Dec 16 MGR1852
  52. Dec 17 Shelly70
  53. Dec 17 Serenah
  54. Dec 17 ginnie290
  55. Dec 17 kat1548
  56. Dec 18 Sns513
  57. Dec 18 Nona337am
  58. Dec 18 gemgirl
  59. Dec 18 mija1980
  60. Dec 18 Teachamy
  61. Dec 26 ReEstDec2013
  62. Dec 27 Carmen1963
  63. Dec 30 elsnanny
  64. Dec 30 vbishop

No date yet:

1. AtlantaRed
  2. beansmomma
  3. HoustonTexanFan
  4. AngiD
  5. fpmr96a
  6. SueRN
  7. Simpley_ke
  8. Vixey
  9. macman
  10. MonisNatural
  11. fmpr96a
  12. Tarheel79
  13. SeniorMoment
  14. Coachk
  15. kan7525
  16. caligirl3
  17. Besleeve It
  18. georgiabelle

Ok, let me know if I've missed anyone with the update!!

For those of you without a date yet, we need another on the 10th, 14th, 26th, 27th and 30th so everyone has a sleeve buddy! lol

Ok' date=' let me know if I've missed anyone with the update!!

For those of you without a date yet, we need another on the 10th, 14th, 26th, 27th and 30th so everyone has a sleeve buddy! lol[/quote']

I hve no buddy :( i hope someone gets the14th