Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2013 Sleevers Come In!

December 11th here...counting the days!

Thinking it is good luck.... The 11th day of the 12th month of the 13th year (of the 2000's). Surely that has to be good luck. Excited to be in this group.

Edited by MnWin

December 11th here...counting the days! Thinking it is good luck.... The 11th day of the 12th month of the 13th year (of the 2000's). Surely that has to be good luck. Excited to be in this group.

MnWin where are you having your surgery at ?

Wow! This group has grown! As for my update, my endoscopy was easy and painless. That was the last of my requirements! Next up...submitting paperwork to my insurance company. I am in the home stretch. Surgery is still set for Dec. 18th.

MnWin where are you having your surgery at ?

Essentia. Are you in MN?

Given the fact that we all will have or probably will have surgery this month, I am curious if anyone in the December group has a flu shot? Have you asked the surgeon? Has it been a topic of conversation? I wonder with the surgery, the post surgery diet and the weakened state if flu is a concern?

I have gotten a flu shot each of the last three years, wondering about this year?

I've already gotten my flu shot as I teach and need all the help I can get lol. What I am wondering about is if I should get a pneumonia shot.

That's a really good question. I have my pre-op appointment in a few weeks and very well may ask if I can go ahead and get it, as I have had the shot for the past several years.

Given the fact that we all will have or probably will have surgery this month' date=' I am curious if anyone in the December group has a flu shot? Have you asked the surgeon? Has it been a topic of conversation? I wonder with the surgery, the post surgery diet and the weakened state if flu is a concern?

I have gotten a flu shot each of the last three years, wondering about this year?[/quote']

I've never gotten a flu shot and have only ever had the flu once but given the major surgery, I will definitely ask my PCP. Although, I can't really imagine a doc saying no to the flu shot in any instance.

Essentia. Are you in MN?

Yes Mn :)

Ok, this is what I've come up with for dates. Let me know when you have a solid date and I can update the list!

• Dec 02 Krysta03
  • Dec 02 gaslimgal
  • Dec 02 jess9395
  • Dec 02 Annadette
  • Dec 02 sookie
  • Dec 03 Tasha420
  • Dec 03 SouthernCharm
  • Dec 03 redilla42
  • Dec 03 skinnynewbecky2014
  • Dec 03 kkrose
  • Dec 04 L-in-NJ
  • Dec 04 Healthbound
  • Dec 04 kledislynn's mommy
  • Dec 05 Blondiee
  • Dec 05 Lioness813
  • Dec 06 kyholder
  • Dec 09 De-jo
  • Dec 09 AshleyMidwife
  • Dec 09 Sweettart702
  • Dec 09 MShell
  • Dec 09 Carlotta
  • Dec 11 liciamarie
  • Dec 11 KaminaBlue
  • Dec 11 Only1likeme
  • Dec 11 soul2bleed
  • Dec 11 Volfan
  • Dec 11 dencob1
  • Dec 11 MnWin
  • Dec 12 amills
  • Dec 13 Mommie4
  • Dec 13 amduc (and husband!)
  • Dec 16 slvrsax
  • Dec 16 elhudge
  • Dec 16 Mfs
  • Dec 17 Shelly70
  • Dec 17 Serenah
  • Dec 18 Sns513
  • Dec 18 Nona337am
  • Dec 18 gemgirl
  • Dec 18 mija1980
  • Dec 26 ReEstDec2013
  • Dec 30 elsnanny

No date yet:

• AtlantaRed
  • onedaycloser
  • beansmomma
  • HoustonTexanFan
  • AngiD
  • fpmr96a
  • SueRN
  • Simpley_ke
  • Vixey
  • macman
  • MonisNatural
  • fmpr96a

Wow, 53 so far!!

I see my PCP a week from Monday and she will order the EGD (been waiting on new insurance to kick in) and then I can schedule mine!

I'm self pay but I am now wondering if I DO have a hiatal hernia, if I can get the insurance to cover that (which will include the anesthesia and hospital charges) and then pay the difference to the surgeon for the sleeve? I know they charge insurance a lot more than self pay and I would have to pay 20% of the insurance charges, so wondering how much the difference would be!

Have to wait until the EGD to see if I have the hernia and then take it from there.

Wow! This group has grown! As for my update, my endoscopy was easy and painless. That was the last of my requirements! Next up...submitting paperwork to my insurance company. I am in the home stretch. Surgery is still set for Dec. 18th.

Hi Nona! Thanks for checking in! So did you have an EGD or upper GI?

I can have either but I'm wanting them to test for H. pylori too, so I think I need an EGD for that. Just wondering if you took yourself or if someone went with you? For some reason I thought they put you out for the EGD?