Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2013 Sleevers Come In!

Hi there Sleevsters!!! Just realized there was a December group started...I'm on track for hopefully a December 5th surgery date woo hoo!!! I had researched long and hard before deciding on the sleeve (vs band) and feel so good knowing the sleeve is for me! I am so happy I did more research to find out all the issues people had/have with the band. Excited to meet some sleeve buddies for this new exciting journey!

Wow there's a lot of dec-sleevers!!!

I'm Dec 11th... don't forget me!

New me on the way

Some background...I'm 38 years old 5'4 and 243 lbs. I've got 3 kids (16 years old, 4 years old and 10 month old baby girl)...full time radio account executive so time is really never on my side lol. I've had 2 csections so I'm hoping the recovery/pain won't be as bad. Although I've always been very active and eaten pretty healthy I have always battled my weight. I truly feel like this surgery will help me be the healthier thinner person I've always felt I should be. I'm doing this fir my family and now especially my baby girl. My question us I've spoken to a few people who have had surgery and gave only taken 1-2 weeks off. I see a few people getting approval from work for a leave of absence. How much time are people planning on taking? I've slated 11 days...hoping this is enough. I can work at my desk during recovery. Fingers crossed...lol

I'm Dec 11th... don't forget me!

New me on the way

I got you Only1!! Look at the original post on page 6 or so. Post #102. THat's the only one I can edit. I've got you on there, no worries! :)

Ok, this is what I've come up with for dates. Let me know when you have a solid date and I can update the list!

• Dec 02 Krysta03
  • Dec 02 gaslimgal
  • Dec 02 jess9395
  • Dec 02 Annadette
  • Dec 03 Tasha420
  • Dec 03 SouthernCharm
  • Dec 03 redilla42
  • Dec 03 skinnynewbecky2014
  • Dec 03 kkrose
  • Dec 04 L-in-NJ
  • Dec 05 Carlotta
  • Dec 05 Blondiee
  • Dec 05 Lioness813
  • Dec 06 kyholder
  • Dec 09 De-jo
  • Dec 09 AshleyMidwife
  • Dec 09 Sweettart702
  • Dec 11 liciamarie
  • Dec 11 KaminaBlue
  • Dec 11 Only1likeme
  • Dec 12 amills
  • Dec 13 Mommie4
  • Dec 16 slvrsax
  • Dec 16 elhudge
  • Dec 16 Mfs
  • Dec 17 Shelly70
  • Dec 17 Serenah
  • Dec 18 Sns513
  • Dec 18 Nona337am
  • Dec 18 gemgirl
  • Dec 26 ReEstDec2013
  • Dec 30 elsnanny

No date yet:

• AtlantaRed
  • onedaycloser
  • beansmomma
  • HoustonTexanFan
  • AngiD
  • fpmr96a
  • SueRN
  • Simpley_ke
  • Vixey
  • macman
  • healthbound

Here is the list so far. The original is post #102. That is the one I can go in and update. The one up there is one that was quoted before it was updated.

Wow,,what an impressive list...

Some background...I'm 38 years old 5'4 and 243 lbs. I've got 3 kids (16 years old, 4 years old and 10 month old baby girl)...full time radio account executive so time is really never on my side lol. I've had 2 csections so I'm hoping the recovery/pain won't be as bad. Although I've always been very active and eaten pretty healthy I have always battled my weight. I truly feel like this surgery will help me be the healthier thinner person I've always felt I should be. I'm doing this fir my family and now especially my baby girl. My question us I've spoken to a few people who have had surgery and gave only taken 1-2 weeks off. I see a few people getting approval from work for a leave of absence. How much time are people planning on taking? I've slated 11 days...hoping this is enough. I can work at my desk during recovery. Fingers crossed...lol

I am jealous of ANYONE having any time off from work! I have 2 part time jobs. One job, I only do twice a week and I know I will be able to take a week off from that (2 days). The other job, I work from home at the computer 4 hours a night 5 nights a week. I'm hoping ot have surgery on a Thursday and I'm going to have to try really hard to start back to work by Monday night, if not Sunday. Eek!

Wow,,what an impressive list...

Indeed and we are still a month+ away so I woner how many we'll be up to by then??

So happy to see so many December sleevers :)

I am jealous of ANYONE having any time off from work! I have 2 part time jobs. One job' date=' I only do twice a week and I know I will be able to take a week off from that (2 days). The other job, I work from home at the computer 4 hours a night 5 nights a week. I'm hoping ot have surgery on a Thursday and I'm going to have to try really hard to start back to work by Monday night, if not Sunday. Eek![/quote']

Oh wow so fast! I had Lapband before and it was piece of cake. Hopefully this won't be too bad and you can go back that soon.

I had my gallbladder out last year and it was awful! Unfortunately the usual pain meds don't work for me. I'm assuming this will be similar since they are both laparoscopic and little holes and a bigger hole...etc.

Hopefully they will understand and maybe I can spread my work out throughout the day instead of trying to sit for 4 straight hours. Who knows, hope for the best and expect the worst, right?!!

Got all my paperwork submitted to insurance today! Now just waiting for the final approval for dec 9th.

I. Can't. Wait.

Hurry hurry December get here!

Got all my paperwork submitted to insurance today! Now just waiting for the final approval for dec 9th.

I. Can't. Wait.

Hurry hurry December get here!

So exciting! I think it will be here pretty quickly! Will you get to enjoy Thanksgiving or will you be drinking your way through the day?