Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2013 Sleevers Come In!

I started my journey mid September when I contacted a bariatric group about non surgical weight loss. Found out that non surgical weight loss wasn't covered by my ins. but that surgical weight loss was. I met with the surgeon and attended the class to decide if WLS was right for me. I'm so glad I made that phone call.

I've completed the psych eval and the dietician class as well as the initial classes with the surgeon. The only thing I have left to do is have me EGD which is scheduled for the 6th of November' date=' then submit to insurance and wait.

I have a tentative surgery date for Dec 3 so I'm hoping that doesn't change. I am very excited about my Christmas gift to myself! I can't wait to not have to shop in the plus size section ever again. My husband can't wait for me to stop snoring. LoL

[/quote']

Welcome to the group! You were able to move through the requirements really quickly! Hopefully our dates will be close together! All I have left is EGD as well.

Does everyone have to get an EDG my surgeon has not said anything about one?

I think all surgeons are different, but mine wanted to make sure everything flows correctly. He did say if I had one within 5 years I wouldn't have to get another. But, it wasn't bad at all. The gross drink is thick but really didn't have a bad taste. You only have to take 2 sips. Then the second drink was actually quite nice, like fruit punch. Whole thing was under 10 min. Good luck!

I know mist do but as all surgeons are different, maybe you won't. I was told to get an upper GI or an EGD. I have reflux already so maybe mine wants to make sure there are no other issues. I may have a hiatal hernia that he will need to fix during the sleeve procedure.

Hi everyone! I am new to the forums and am scheduled for December 18th!!! I have been browsing these forums for a few weeks now and am so grateful to able to read everyone's tips for success and experiences. So far, I only have the endoscopy left (scheduled for this Tuesday) and a NUT appointment in November. I am hoping all goes well and I am able to get everything I need such as Vitamins, Protein shakes/powders. So far those items are the only things I am unsure about....so many choices.

Hi everyone! I am new to the forums and am scheduled for December 18th!!! I have been browsing these forums for a few weeks now and am so grateful to able to read everyone's tips for success and experiences. So far, I only have the endoscopy left (scheduled for this Tuesday) and a NUT appointment in November. I am hoping all goes well and I am able to get everything I need such as Vitamins, Protein shakes/powders. So far those items are the only things I am unsure about....so many choices.

Welcome to our group! It's filling up nicely! I think we have a little over 20 folks in here now!

I'm unsure about all the shakes too. So many feel strongly about the ones they like, but they are all different!

Hi everyone! I am new to the forums and am scheduled for December 18th!!! I have been browsing these forums for a few weeks now and am so grateful to able to read everyone's tips for success and experiences. So far' date=' I only have the endoscopy left (scheduled for this Tuesday) and a NUT appointment in November. I am hoping all goes well and I am able to get everything I need such as Vitamins, Protein shakes/powders. So far those items are the only things I am unsure about....so many choices.[/quote']

Yay! Congrats on your date!

As for the shakes and Vitamins there's a thread on here titled "list of companies that give free bariatric samples". It's a great thread. I wrote to every company and everyday my mailbox has a new free sample in it :) so nice to try before you buy!

My aunts kinda mad about me getting it done around Christmas and New Years. There will be quite a few traditions I won't be able to do but the sooner I get this done the better. And at least we all get thanksgiving. I think I would be quite miserable with my broth at the table and watching everyone mow down on turkey, mashed taters and casseroles lol. My family does turkey enchiladas the next day too. Lol

My aunts kinda mad about me getting it done around Christmas and New Years. There will be quite a few traditions I won't be able to do but the sooner I get this done the better. And at least we all get thanksgiving. I think I would be quite miserable with my broth at the table and watching everyone mow down on turkey' date=' mashed taters and casseroles lol. My family does turkey enchiladas the next day too. Lol[/quote']

I was willing to sacrifice the food fest my family hosts around that time too. Mine wont be mad but if I do attend I'm sure I'll get the comments like "are you sure you can't have just a little" lol. But I will be fine and so will you!!! We will ring in the new year celebrating what's to come!

Yay! Congrats on your date!

As for the shakes and Vitamins there's a thread on here titled "list of companies that give free bariatric samples". It's a great thread. I wrote to every company and everyday my mailbox has a new free sample in it :) so nice to try before you buy!

Thanks!!! I'll be sure to try that route rather than buy a tub of Protein that tastes horrible to me after surgery. I am curious to try Isopure RTD. Its a clear liquid I can try in the first few days that will help getting the required Protein in.

I am December 2nd. 44yrs 5'7" and 271 pounds. I am married with two kids on the central coast of California.

Looking forward to the journey!

Wow, so many members in our December group! We will have a nice diverse group of people with one thing in common! We will definitely be able to get each other through this!

Welcome to our group!

Hello December 2013 Sleevers!

I am scheduled for surgery on Dec. 26th. I am 41 years old, married with two girls (20 & 16). I am 5'8 (shrunk from 5'9) and I currently weigh 279. My goal weight is 160. Looking forward to it!

Is anyone taking Vitamins and supplements now? I began taking a Multivitamin and Biotin a month ago.