Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2013 Sleevers Come In!

I understand. I've always been "healthy" until this year. My knee is screaming and my hips get sore regularly. I guess they've had enough! I hope the initial drop of 20-30 will be enough for them to be happy again and get us moving!

Yeah, those health issues sure creep up on us. Even sleeping is a touch uncomfortable at this weight. In the plus side after years of yo yo dieting I think I have the right motivation- to get healthy! Sure looking good will be a nice perk, but I know now that I took good health for granted and that is so not cool

Hello Fellow December Sleevers !! I'm Currently hoping to go in December .. I've been overweight most of my whole life (19 years). I started researching everything about 3 years ago and never went through with it because I thought maybe it would get better. But now I'm taking this very serious and started the process September 10th and met with my surgeon and discussed everything I finished all my pre-op testing October 7th and was submitted to insurance Monday !! I'm very excited and have been on edge wish I could call my insurance everyday .. But none the less I'm very excited and hoping to have this done during my winter break in school !!

So nice to read everyone's posts and cannot wait to see everyone's progress. YAY!!! for us starting the new year off with a new chapter in life!

Hello Fellow December Sleevers !! I'm Currently hoping to go in December .. I've been overweight most of my whole life (19 years). I started researching everything about 3 years ago and never went through with it because I thought maybe it would get better. But now I'm taking this very serious and started the process September 10th and met with my surgeon and discussed everything I finished all my pre-op testing October 7th and was submitted to insurance Monday !! I'm very excited and have been on edge wish I could call my insurance everyday .. But none the less I'm very excited and hoping to have this done during my winter break in school !!

Welcome to the group! So great that you are starting out so young to getting your health in a good place!

I'm also getting mine done during my winter break from graduate school! My hope is to be at my best by December 2014 when I graduate :)

I'm so ready for this life changing process to begin! I wish you and everyone the very best of luck and look forward to seeing everyone's progress!

My 2nd to my last appointment is on Monday and last is November 26th. My insurance normally takes a week so they said I'm looking at December. I've had all my tests and came back good to go besides a small hernia. I've lost the 20 pounds my surgeon required but need to try and keep it off till then. And since I have I've lost enough weight to start my two part NUT classes which will be scheduled Monday. So excited!

Mine is the dec 3. I have to get off 15 pounds before nov 13. So I'm on a 3 shakes a day. Then the liquid diet after that lol. I sure hope something comes off. ;)

Welcome to the group! That's a lot of liquid diet! I'm sure you'll have great results!

My 2nd to my last appointment is on Monday and last is November 26th. My insurance normally takes a week so they said I'm looking at December. I've had all my tests and came back good to go besides a small hernia. I've lost the 20 pounds my surgeon required but need to try and keep it off till then. And since I have I've lost enough weight to start my two part NUT classes which will be scheduled Monday. So excited!

Welcome to the group! I may have a hiatal hernia. Will know after my EGD in Nov. surgeon said he would fix it if I did.

So excited for all of us!

Hi Everyone! Just got the call today and my surgery date is set for 12/30!! I'll get to see the ball drop from my hospital bed haha!!! What a great way to start the new year!

Congratulations!

Hi Everyone! Just got the call today and my surgery date is set for 12/30!! I'll get to see the ball drop from my hospital bed haha!!! What a great way to start the new year!

Oh wow! Fun! Definitely a great way to start the new year!

Welcome to our group! Looking forward to going through it with everyone!

Welcome to the group! So great that you are starting out so young to getting your health in a good place!

Thank you !! I made the choice to do it now while I'm still young then to have all my health problems build up and then it could be harder to get done ..

I'm also getting mine done during my winter break from graduate school! My hope is to be at my best by December 2014 when I graduate :)

I'm so ready for this life changing process to begin! I wish you and everyone the very best of luck and look forward to seeing everyone's progress!

Aww that's wonderful !! Wish you the best of luck as well and look forward to seeing your progress :)

I started my journey mid September when I contacted a bariatric group about non surgical weight loss. Found out that non surgical weight loss wasn't covered by my ins. but that surgical weight loss was. I met with the surgeon and attended the class to decide if WLS was right for me. I'm so glad I made that phone call.

I've completed the psych eval and the dietician class as well as the initial classes with the surgeon. The only thing I have left to do is have me EGD which is scheduled for the 6th of November, then submit to insurance and wait.

I have a tentative surgery date for Dec 3 so I'm hoping that doesn't change. I am very excited about my Christmas gift to myself! I can't wait to not have to shop in the plus size section ever again. My husband can't wait for me to stop snoring. LoL