Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2013 Sleevers Come In!

I just got approved my surgery date is Dec. 11. I can't wait I feel great!

Yay! Congrats and welcome to our group!

I just got approved my surgery date is Dec. 11. I can't wait I feel great!
congrats!!!

Need Input!!!

This is what I've been considering, don't think I'm crazy. Ok as u no from my last post I have 1 more visit to complete supervised visit an then have egd to do an psych eval. I was going to finish everything by the 15th so I could have surgery by the end of December, but now I'm considering having the egd an psych eval dne first week of January. Now of course I dnt want to wait but at the same time I'm thinkn about my deductible an max out if pocket fees. If I do in January I'm covered for the whole year of 2014 without paying a dime all year! What is your thoughts on this? Am I over thinking this? Another plus is Christmas an partying/drinking for New Years! Lol

Input please???

but doesn't your deductible start over in January?

I can't help. I am self-pay, so I'm getting it in by the end of the year to be able to write it off on my taxes.

Also, holiday eating and drinking are already off my radar. If it weren't for the fact that I HAVE to host Thanksgiving dinner (and cook it) I would do my surgery before Thanksgiving. I don't even care if I eat Thanksgiving dinner. I just don't recover well from surgeries so I don't want to be miserable so close out and having to cook a big dinner for everyone!

I hope someone else can give their input on the insurance for you!

but doesn't your deductible start over in January?

I think she is saying she will have then met the deductible in January (having the surgery in January) then will have less out of pocket the rest of the year.

Exactly! If I have surgery in January I would meet deductible an max out of pocket in January so I would be good on payin for the rest of the year

Looking forward to meeting with my surgeon next Tuesday, will hopefully have a date afterwards. Meet with NUT for a final visit in Nov...come on Dec!

Haven't purchased anything except the Flinestone Vitamens (been taking those daily)...any thoughts on shakes?

Thanks all...we are almost there! YAY!

everyone has different views on the shakes. I was told to get samples of different ones so you know what you will like, but then again you taste buds change dramatically after surgery so what you like now could change. but you could get samples and just save them for after surgery. I think im gonna try to get Protein another way since we can puree stuff. get a magic bullet, I was told that comes in handy ALOT your first couple weeks after surgery!! good luck and see you on the losers bench ( that's a complement by the way) lol

My name is Andrew. I'm 5'4" and about 311 lbs. I've completed all required appointments and was submitted to insurance last Friday. So, now I wait ....

Hoping to get a surgery date in December, as we've met our out-of-pocket for this year and our health insurance is not going to be as good next year.

I'd lost about 10 lbs during my NUT visits, but have gained that back recently. Going through a food funeral stage now which is not good.

My name is Andrew. I'm 5'4" and about 311 lbs. I've completed all required appointments and was submitted to insurance last Friday. So, now I wait ....

Hoping to get a surgery date in December, as we've met our out-of-pocket for this year and our health insurance is not going to be as good next year.

I'd lost about 10 lbs during my NUT visits, but have gained that back recently. Going through a food funeral stage now which is not good.

Welcome to our group! Congrats on getting everything done. Hopefully you get a quick reply back! Sounds like a lot of people have to call and call to get their answer.

I'm not doing the food funeral myself. I'm just enjoying our regular outings as they usually happen. I was told to not gain weight but mine usually likes to stay pretty still anyway.

Looking forward to all of us following along together!

Hi, there! Good to meet you all! What an exciting journey we will be on together.

Seems I'm on a surgery fast track thanks to company insurance that strongly supports wls. Wednesday was surgical consult and I have , NUT, psych and metabolic test 10/18, fitness 11/19 and if all goes as planned my surgeon expects to do surgery first week in dec.

overwhelming but excited.

Oh, guess I should say, I'm 46, an CVICU nurse, BMI 40 5'6

And although I should know better was one of those bad patients with no medical problems because I never saw the doctor. So now am new diabetic with high BP and high cholesterol. Getting that under control with meds and hopefully will legitimately have no medical problems as the weight comes off

Hi, there! Good to meet you all! What an exciting journey we will be on together.

Seems I'm on a surgery fast track thanks to company insurance that strongly supports wls. Wednesday was surgical consult and I have , NUT, psych and metabolic test 10/18, fitness 11/19 and if all goes as planned my surgeon expects to do surgery first week in dec.

overwhelming but excited.

Wow! That is fast! I'm self pay and could go sooner but I did want my insurance to cover some of the testing. Insurance kicks in Nov 1 so that's when I'll do EGD.

It will be an exciding new year for all of us! So glad we can do it together!

Oh, guess I should say, I'm 46, an CVICU nurse, BMI 40 5'6

And although I should know better was one of those bad patients with no medical problems because I never saw the doctor. So now am new diabetic with high BP and high cholesterol. Getting that under control with meds and hopefully will legitimately have no medical problems as the weight comes off

I understand. I've always been "healthy" until this year. My knee is screaming and my hips get sore regularly. I guess they've had enough! I hope the initial drop of 20-30 will be enough for them to be happy again and get us moving!