Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2013 Sleevers Come In!

I only have one more visit to dr to complete 6 month supervised diet an still need to have egd done an psych eval. I will have all dne by November 15! Starting to get excited!

That is so exciting! Do you have a surgery date or will you find out after the 15th?

Hello, I'm Angela 39 yrs old cw 524 I have my last appt for my 6 mth supervised diet on 9/23. Because I weigh 524, my doctor wants me to get under 500lbs. I have lost 42 lbs since June 18th

Hello' date=' I'm Angela 39 yrs old cw 524 I have my last appt for my 6 mth supervised diet on 9/23. Because I weigh 524, my doctor wants me to get under 500lbs. I have lost 42 lbs since June 18th[/quote']

Wow, congratulations on your hard work already! Welcome to our group! Looking forward to keeping in touch with everyone throughout our journeys!

WAY to go AngiD :D

Great progress AngiD!

I am tentatively scheduled for December 18. So far I've had bloodwork done, clearance from the Nut, I've had 2 nutrition visits and have two more to go. Ive been to a support group meeting and have another one on tuesday. I have submitted my paperwork for my leave of absence at work. And my PCP wants me to get an EKG, final labwork, and chest X-ray closer to my surgery date for anesthesia. My last nutrition clearance is on December 5 and then we submit to insurance. Has anyone gotten final clearance from their insurance yet? How long did that process take for you?

I have final clearance. My surgeon submitted my paperwork to insurance on the 25th of last month and I found out the 3rdof this month. I kept calling and bugging my insurance every couple days. lol I found out before my surgeons office did..lol. I don't have any left to do, just see the nurse practitioner once more to discuss hospital things and then my last set of blood work for the anesthesiologist. Going for surgery on Dec 13...so happy! Starting a new year is gonna be wonderfull this time

That's awesome! Nothing left on the to-do list!

I can get my EGD in early Nov. I'm slightly worried about that because I do have stomach issues. Once that is done (and hopefully cleared) I can set the date and start buying stuff!

Will be a wonderful new year for us all! We'll be ringing in the new year toasting our Protein shakes! Lol

Hello, I'm Angela 39 yrs old cw 524, highest weight 580 in 2011, I have my last appt for my 6 mth supervised diet on 9/23. Because I weigh 524, my doctor wants me to get under 500lbs. My starting weight when I decided on wls was 565, I have lost 42 lbs since June 18th. after my last appt for the 6th month diet doctor is substituting to insurance and planning on surgery early December. Already had psycho eval and working on getting under 500lbs.

oops did not realize 1st post posted.

Looking forward to meeting with my surgeon next Tuesday, will hopefully have a date afterwards. Meet with NUT for a final visit in Nov...come on Dec!

Haven't purchased anything except the Flinestone Vitamens (been taking those daily)...any thoughts on shakes?

Thanks all...we are almost there! YAY!

My surgery is scheduled for 12/2! I'm new to the forum. My name is Krysta and I'm 27 years old. I have battled with my weight for most of my life and I am currently at my heaviest I've ever been (5'6, 258lbs). I met with my surgeon yesterday and he is pretty amazing. He has operated on my stepdad and brother...they both have the sleeve. I originally wanted the lap band but my brother convinced me that the sleeve would be the best option for me, and after doing much research I believe that it will be as well. Good luck to everyone! I am looking forward to seeing everyone's progress and posting mine as well!

Looking forward to meeting with my surgeon next Tuesday' date=' will hopefully have a date afterwards. Meet with NUT for a final visit in Nov...come on Dec!

Haven't purchased anything except the Flinestone Vitamens (been taking those daily)...any thoughts on shakes?

Thanks all...we are almost there! YAY![/quote']

My thoughts on shakes, since so many say that the ones they liked before surgery they did not like after surgery, is to cover all bases. So my plan is to buy unflavored Protein powder, powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury chicken broth, Gatorade (to add Protein Powder to), premeir ready to drink chocolate and a few isopures in different flavors. Surely out of that selection, something will work!

I bought these super cute 3 oz dishes from Rachel Ray on Amazon. I figure if I'm going to eat that tiny amount for a long time, then I want cute dishes!

I bought a food scale and a weight scale (with body composition to track fat % and Water during those stalls).

I bought a couple of shaker bottles with ounces marked to bring to work with a cute little lunch bag. I usually don't eat lunch the 2 days I work away from home, so I'll have to get use to travelling with drinks at least.

Once I'm cleared and I KNOW the surgery is written in stone, I'm going to get a FitBit One and the shakes.

That's my plan so far! Lol

My surgery is scheduled for 12/2! I'm new to the forum. My name is Krysta and I'm 27 years old. I have battled with my weight for most of my life and I am currently at my heaviest I've ever been (5'6' date=' 258lbs). I met with my surgeon yesterday and he is pretty amazing. He has operated on my stepdad and brother...they both have the sleeve. I originally wanted the lap band but my brother convinced me that the sleeve would be the best option for me, and after doing much research I believe that it will be as well. Good luck to everyone! I am looking forward to seeing everyone's progress and posting mine as well![/quote']

Wow, at least you have peole close to you who have gone through it already! That's awesome!

I agree about not getting the band (obviously). Two years ago, I was looking into surgery and wanted the band over the bypass but thankfully this surgery gained momentum. Lots of surgeons aren't even doing the band anymore.

Welcome to the group!

Too funny! Love it!