Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2013 Sleevers Come In!

Alright December Sleevers, I'm hoping that this title brings more people in so we can follow and encourage each other through our journeys.

I am 40. I'm 5'4" and about 308 right now. I'd like to get to a healthy BMI which would be around 145. I'm hoping for a December 4th or 5th date with Dr. William Johnson.

Everyone introduce yourselves!

So far as of 11/02/13

• Dec 02 Krysta03
  • Dec 02 gaslimgal
  • Dec 02 jess9395
  • Dec 02 Annadette
  • Dec 02 sookie
  • Dec 02 Nurse_Bonnie
  • Dec 02 doopa
  • Dec 02 Jerzygurl
  • Dec 03 Tasha420
  • Dec 03 SouthernCharm
  • Dec 03 redilla42
  • Dec 03 skinnynewbecky2014
  • Dec 03 Sinderelly
  • Dec 03 missmee
  • Dec 03 Browneyedgurl
  • Dec 04 L-in-NJ
  • Dec 04 Healthbound
  • Dec 04 Katdrox
  • Dec 05 Blondiee
  • Dec 05 Lioness813
  • Dec 06 kyholder
  • Dec 06 harleychic
  • Dec 09 De-jo
  • Dec 09 AshleyMidwife
  • Dec 09 Sweettart702
  • Dec 09 MShell
  • Dec 09 Carlotta
  • Dec 10 hopecomeswithtime
  • Dec 11 liciamarie
  • Dec 11 KaminaBlue
  • Dec 11 Only1likeme
  • Dec 11 soul2bleed
  • Dec 11 Volfan
  • Dec 11 dencob1
  • Dec 11 MnWin
  • Dec 11 onedaycloser
  • Dec 11 Scraglycat
  • Dec 12 amills
  • Dec 12 kellymoon
  • Dec 12 honeylove
  • Dec 13 Mommie4
  • Dec 13 amduc (and husband!)
  • Dec 13 Under1star
  • Dec 14 Sleevin It
  • Dec 16 slvrsax
  • Dec 16 elhudge
  • Dec 16 Mfs
  • Dec 16 MGR1852
  • Dec 17 Shelly70
  • Dec 17 Serenah
  • Dec 17 ginnie290
  • Dec 18 Sns513
  • Dec 18 Nona337am
  • Dec 18 gemgirl
  • Dec 18 mija1980
  • Dec 18 Teachamy
  • Dec 26 ReEstDec2013
  • Dec 27 Carmen1963
  • Dec 30 elsnanny

No date yet:

• AtlantaRed
  • beansmomma
  • HoustonTexanFan
  • AngiD
  • fpmr96a
  • SueRN
  • Simpley_ke
  • Vixey
  • macman
  • MonisNatural
  • fmpr96a
  • Tarheel79
  • SeniorMoment
  • Coachk
  • kan7525
  • caligirl3
  • Besleeve It

Hello and thanks for starting this thread! I meet with my NUT (5th out of 6 required visits) & Surgeon in 2 weeks and hope to get a surgery date in Dec...(I work at a college and most students leave after finals). At any rate, my insurance required 6 NUT visits and they've gone exceptionally well. Had my psych eval early in the game...now I just wait to meet & discuss surgery with him..Oct 22nd. Was told to plan on a 3 hour visit that day, not sure why it would be that long so if you have any idea and wish to share that would be awesome!

I am currently 250, about 5'5" and just turned 50!! (WOW, that seems weird). Having Dr. White from Toledo Hospital.

Cheers!

My final appointment is supposed to be 5 hours. It is supposed to be a nutrition "class" where they discuss the postoo plan in more specifics and also final visit with the surgeon.

Welcome to the thread!

Hello and thanks for starting this thread! I meet with my NUT (5th out of 6 required visits) & Surgeon in 2 weeks and hope to get a surgery date in Dec...(I work at a college and most students leave after finals). At any rate' date=' my insurance required 6 NUT visits and they've gone exceptionally well. Had my psych eval early in the game...now I just wait to meet & discuss surgery with him..Oct 22nd. Was told to plan on a 3 hour visit that day, not sure why it would be that long so if you have any idea and wish to share that would be awesome!

I am currently 250, about 5'5" and just turned 50!! (WOW, that seems weird). Having Dr. White from Toledo Hospital.

Cheers![/quote']

I still need an EGD and EKG and then I can schedule. I've done the psych and only needed one NUT appt aside from the last big class I will have.

I know there are 2 more recent threads with different December Sleevers on them. Lets join here to share our journeys!

Alright December Sleevers, I'm hoping that this title brings more people in so we can follow and encourage each other through our journeys.

I am 40. I'm 5'4" and about 308 right now. I'd like to get to a healthy BMI which would be around 145. I'm hoping for a December 4th or 5th date with Dr. William Johnson.

Everyone introduce yourselves!

wow, we need more peeps!! There has got to be more getting sleeved in Dec...come on people..lol I am 36 and have not always been heavy. I was thin my whole child hood through my mid 20's. I gained weight slowly thanks to depression and bad relationships. I slowly began to hate myself and the way I looked and felt helpless. I tried every diet imaginable and succeeded at some but always gained the weight back. I would gain more back at times too, becoming even heavier than I was before I dieted! Now that I am older it is harder to even lose 20lbs, and when I do lose I don't even drop a pant size which is upsetting and makes it hard to stick to a diet. I discovered weight loss surgery and prayed that I would qualify and after jumping through many hoops in the circus of doc appts and insurance I was finally approved and my surgery date is December 13!!! I simply can not wait! I am trying to stock up on things I will need before I go in so that when I get home life will be a little easier! Thanks and good luck to you all and I hope we get more Dec sleevers!!

I know there are 2 more recent threads with different December Sleevers on them. Lets join here to share our journeys!

wowwowowiowo Wowowonnnslkwowo

I agree about how disheartening not dropping sizes is! I lost weight over a year and a half omce and it was 50 pounds before I could drop ONE size! That was so painful!

Hope the other Decembers find their way over!

Congrats on your date! Can't wait for us to get this thing started!!

I know there are a lot more of us December Sleevers out there! Come on in!

December 3rd sleever here....

Oh wow! You might be the first one in December!

So exciting! Are you done with everything?

Hoping to be right behind you.

Come on December 2013 folks!

To the ones already here, what do you still have left to do?

What has everyone bought already? Mine is not yet cemented in stone so I have not bought a lot yet. Hopefully I'll be able to cement it in about 3 weeks.

I am tentatively scheduled for December 18. So far I've had bloodwork done, clearance from the Nut, I've had 2 nutrition visits and have two more to go. Ive been to a support group meeting and have another one on tuesday. I have submitted my paperwork for my leave of absence at work. And my PCP wants me to get an EKG, final labwork, and chest X-ray closer to my surgery date for anesthesia. My last nutrition clearance is on December 5 and then we submit to insurance. Has anyone gotten final clearance from their insurance yet? How long did that process take for you?

Good luck to you! How long have you been working on this process? Sounds like you've been able to cross quite a few things off your list!

What a busy holiday season we will have!

I am scheduled 12/16. I have my EGD thursday and my labs in early December. Still need to get cleared by PCP and have an abdominal ultrasound.

Awesome!! I need my EGD too. Hoping to have mine in early November.

So interesting how all of us are required so many different things.

Good luck to you and I hope we all continue to follow each other through this journey!