Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

SLOW WEIGHT LOSS WHAT AM I DOING WRONG

On surgery day 9/16 I weighed 264 and today 3 weeks later I weigh 257 which means I have only lost a total od 7lbs post op in 3 weeks. I consider 7 for 3 weeks to be slow. I figured that I might be at a stall because I have been at 257 for 2 weeks and I am worried what I am eatting might be too much.

May be I am doing something wrong... How do you guys keep the momentum going? Is this normal? Will it ever come off?

We started at the same weight.

I would be sure you are tracking your food intake. You must eat enough to lose. Focus on your fluids and make sure you are constantly drinking.

A lot of people do not realize that they are not eating and drinking enough and once they up that caloric intake they start seeing results.

Keep your chin up and just let it be.

Dont forget about the 3 week stall. It happens to most of us. If you do a search here on the website you will see thousands of discussions about it.

On surgery day 9/16 I weighed 264 and today 3 weeks later I weigh 257 which means I have only lost a total od 7lbs post op in 3 weeks. I consider 7 for 3 weeks to be slow. I figured that I might be at a stall because I have been at 257 for 2 weeks and I am worried what I am eatting might be too much.

May be I am doing something wrong... How do you guys keep the momentum going? Is this normal? Will it ever come off?

I had a stall 3wk out. I also started tracking my calories, carbs, and Protein intake. I noticed I wasn't getting my Protein intake. Once I upped that my next week I had an awesome loss.

up your Protein. make sure you're getting enough calories. be patient. get off the scale.< /p>

Everyone loses differently. Try not to compare yourself to others. FYI.... The slower you lose the better your skin does! Drink as much Water as you can as well! Good luck! :)

Well how much are you eating?

Chances are the first 2 weeks you held onto Water retention from surgery and then your body stalled. Track everything you eat and drink. At 3 weeks it won't be much. You should just be coming off a liquid stage anyways.

I had surgery on the same day. I lost 20 lbs and have been stalled for two weeks. I can either get all my Water in or all my calories (and protein) in, but not both. It's super discouraging.

My stall finally broke, losing real slow 2-3 ibs a week. I have /had same issues as you. Hang in there

I'm losing slow, sleeved 9/13, lost 18lbs the first week. Now only lost 5 lbs in the following 4 weeks. Super discouraging. Good luck!

I was 9/16 too. Lost 20 in the first two weeks and have been stalled for the last 3.5. Super frustrated. Finally started getting 700-900 cal with 70-80 gm Protein and under 70 gm of carbs. Started having the "I did this for 20 lbs?" thoughts. Nutritionist told me to up my cal because I was around 600 and I actually gained a pound! How do you gain weight on 700-900 cal a day? At my weight I would need 2200 a day just to maintain. It doesn't make sense!

I lose slowly too. In the beginning 2-3 per week with stalls in between. Now at 4.5 months out I'm losing a pound a week with stalls! Averaging 3-4 pounds a month. And I am still 40 pounds from goal. I've lost 40 pounds total from my June 19 surgery. But I knew it would be this way because in all my previous attempts the loss has been slow compared to others. But look on the bright side, this gives your skin time to adjust. And even though its slow its still coming off. Don't worry about stalls, everybody has them.

My stall finally broke, losing real slow 2-3 ibs a week. I have /had same issues as you. Hang in there

That's not slow :D 2-3 lbs is a great place to be! As long as it comes off is my motto!