Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Nervous about slow weight loss

I know this probably seems nuts, but I am looking for some reassurance. I was sleeved on 9/23 and by 1 week post-op I was down 10 pounds. (I had lost an additional 25 pounds prior to surgery.) In the past week the scale has not moved and I am freaking out a little. I am eating what I am supposed to (puréed foods and Protein shakes) and exercising almost every day, though not as hard I I was pre-op as the incisions are still a bit sore. I read about other people who the weight just seems to be falling off and worry, even though we are all different, I know. Any words of wisdom or reassurance? I am thinking about not weighing every day.

Well first of all, DO NOT believe everything that you read.

I was sleeved on 5/15 and down 48 lbs.

I was concerned and saw my dr and this is what he said.

• 1.Everyone is different. You can not compare what you have lost to what others have lost.
  • Stick to the plan, use your sleeve as a tool. The weight will come off. There will be times where you will lose inches and it will seem like the scale is not moving.
  • DO NOT Weigh every day, do it every other week.
  • Make sure that you exercise every other day for at least 30 minutes

I believe him!!

through the f**king scale out the window and enjoy the ride.

I know this probably seems nuts, but I am looking for some reassurance. I was sleeved on 9/23 and by 1 week post-op I was down 10 pounds. (I had lost an additional 25 pounds prior to surgery.) In the past week the scale has not moved and I am freaking out a little. I am eating what I am supposed to (puréed foods and Protein shakes) and exercising almost every day, though not as hard I I was pre-op as the incisions are still a bit sore. I read about other people who the weight just seems to be falling off and worry, even though we are all different, I know. Any words of wisdom or reassurance? I am thinking about not weighing every day.

I'm going to tell you what one of my surgeons told me at my last visit. If in a 6-week period of time you have not lost any weight or have gained weight and your measurements aren't moving or are getting bigger THEN you can say you're having issues. Our weight fluctuates too much from day to day to declare failure any sooner than 6 weeks.

I weight myself every day but only consider the Friday weigh-in the official one. My weight doesn't always do what I want it to but I can sure see it in how loosely my clothes fit.

My weigh loss is super slow I only lost 7 pounds in 3 weeks I was sleeved at 9/16 and weighed 264 on surgery date and weigh 257 today so you are doing much better than me keep it up...

I think it is very common to stall (from other stuff I had read) around WK 2 and it can last multiple WK's just hang in there it will come. Defiantly don't weight every day...

So, I thought...and still think I am a slow loser. However, I will hit my 10 month mark on Thursday and I am down 94 lbs as of this morning...and I have finally briefly touched (and hope to stay here now) "onederland" this morning. That is almost 10 lbs a month! That has NEVER happened to me in my entire life! It has taken me all summer to lose about 30 lbs, but my scale is finally moving again. In the meantime, I am down from size 24 bottoms to size 16 (and they are getting loose already) and from 26/28 tops to 18/20. EVERY TIME I see my doctor he reminds me that this is a marathon, not a sprint. Keep that in mind and you'll do great!