Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

my life is miserable since the sleeve

Im thinking I might go to the emergency room at the hospital I did the surgery

Yes please go. Your health is too important!

I work in medical and you are post op enough to be making head way not going back wards are you taking something dr acid? I agree with everyone else you should go to the ER and see your doctor

I went through a phase where I was nausious a lot and I went on a PPI to block acid reflux. It manifested itself only with nausea and not heartburn or any other symptoms. Inquire about a PPI with your doctor if you aren't already one one.

Coughing up brown stuff sounds like an ER issue. Please go.

I had the same issue with constant nausea and smells would make me more nauseated. I just got out of the hospital today was there for 5 days. It was a Vitamin deficiency and extreme dehydration. Go straight to the ER if you wait to long it will only get worse.

Gallbladder, I have mine removed 3 1/2 weeks after the Sleeve because of a lot of the same Issues.... Best of Luck .... GO SEE YOUR DOCTER..........

ER tonight dr this week don't wait.

Praying your ok

Hope you took all the above advice, you should never compromise your health by waiting when you feel that bad or your symptoms are that severe. Keep us posted and get well soon.

Ive been admitted to the hospital for dehydration the check my sleeve didnt find anything wrong with it now I dont know w hat to do

Does your surgeon know you were admitted? There should be other tests they can do to see how food/fluid is passing through your sleeve. I'm glad you're getting hydration, but hope you get the rest resolved soon!

I agree with everyone else...if you haven't already contacted your doctor' date=' please do that right away. There may be something wrong, and your doctor can most likely offer you some medication to help with the nausea. It's also possible you have an allergy to something in your Protein powder. I have heard of several folks who discovered a whey allergy postop & they described similar symptoms. Good luck to you![/quote']

Yep!!! whey does it to u. I changed to Soy & better results

how are you now???

Just wanted to share one other possibility for consideration that I haven't seen yet.

I had a very similar experience and was really regretting the surgery - nothing stayed down - not even vits. By 7 weeks out I was so dizzy, weak and tired that I called my doctor who ordered another upper GI. I had to have a little bowl nearby because I was sure the barium wouldn't stay down either!

Long story short, the test revealed that the end of my sleeve that goes into the small intestine was too small. Barium that should have passed through in 5 mins took 2 hours to show any movement!

My Dr said this happens in about 5% of sleeves.

I had to go back into the hospital and get an endoscopy under general anesthesia where the doctor inserted a gizmo into my sleeve that contained a deflated balloon. He inflated it just enough to stretch that end and enlarge the sleeve exit hole to the intestine. Its been 3 wks now and I can tell the difference - although I'm all goofed up on what I should be eating since my first 7 wks were milk, pudding, Water and coke ( the only things that usually stayed down).

In retrospect, after my sleeve in the hospital, I was unable to pass gas at all even though everyone else that day could. After my endoscopy to stretch the opening, I was passing gas coming out of anesthesia. So if you can remember back to your surgery and the gas factor...you might be one of the (un)lucky 5% like me. Hope you find the solution for you that works :)

get to dr. or hospital,,,, coughing up brown stuff ??? not good could be blood.....let us know how u are doing please. :o