Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Can I smack someone?

A few years ago, my friends and I had a game. If you could smack one person without consequences, who would you smack? You only get one in a lifetime. I was so pious then and said, "I can't think of a certain person who I would want to smack." Fast forward some odd years, and I can no longer say that. Today, I found a person I could smack.

After two weeks, my case with Aetna is still pending. I called them today to see what was happening and to see if there was anything I can do to help the process. The insurance employee was kind and looked up and said it was still pending. They delved deeper and said the reason was they were missing information. Was it what type of classes I had taken or my dietitian report? Nope. Was it my report from the doctor or the exercise personnel? Nuh uh. IT WAS MY HEIGHT!!! The bleeping doctor's office failed to tell the bleeping insurance how tall I am!!!! The insurance had contacted my doctor's office and left a message several times and they had not heard back from them.

I had just contacted my doctor's insurance coordinator Friday. She said she hadn't heard anything from the insurance company and she would call them and contact me either later that day or Monday for sure. Well, I called today and she is out of the office. <insert scream here> I now have found someone I could smack!

So, here I am, insurance is still pending, because they don't have my bleeping height which they need from the doctor's insurance coordinator.

This process is so frustrating! I bow down to those who have gone through it without losing their cool. I feel like just walking away from the whole process. And finding another doctor at this point is not an option.

On a different note, anyone want a free 18 year old senior in high school? Free to good home. Yes, it has been a crappy day.

You are a riot! I wish I was a friend of yours because you would really entertain me.

I waited FOUR weeks for Aetna to approve and at one point they were going to deny me because they were missing doumentation from one of my visits. The first time I called after one week I was told they did not receive my stuff even though my coordinator had a reference number. Then they claimed I didn't do the required visits within the 3 month period. Once my coordinator refaxed the info, I was approved in 2 days. I think some of the insurance employees sit on stuff to see if we'll just go away.

Be patient, I was and now I am 10 weeks out of surgery and down 36 pounds!!!

Good luck!

You are a riot! I wish I was a friend of yours because you would really entertain me.

Awww. You can be my friend any day! I would even split my Double Stuffed Cookie nectar Syntrax with you! Now that is a true friend. ;)

I think some of the insurance employees sit on stuff to see if we'll just go away.

Be patient, I was and now I am 10 weeks out of surgery and down 36 pounds!!!

Good luck!

But I just used my smack for the doctor's insurance coordinator! I don't get another one.

Seriously, thanks for the encouragement. It is nice to know I am not the only one that have the been through the depths of insurance hell and that a few have gotten out of it.

If you share your "Double Stuffed Cookie nectar Syntrax" with me I will share some of this delicious Gold Standard whey Milk chocolate Protein that I just whipped up. That is what friends are

for!

boy or girl?

A few years ago' date=' my friends and I had a game. If you could smack one person without consequences, who would you smack? You only get one in a lifetime. I was so pious then and said, "I can't think of a certain person who I would want to smack." Fast forward some odd years, and I can no longer say that. Today, I found a person I could smack.

After two weeks, my case with Aetna is still pending. I called them today to see what was happening and to see if there was anything I can do to help the process. The insurance employee was kind and looked up and said it was still pending. They delved deeper and said the reason was they were missing information. Was it what type of classes I had taken or my dietitian report? Nope. Was it my report from the doctor or the exercise personnel? Nuh uh. IT WAS MY HEIGHT!!! The bleeping doctor's office failed to tell the bleeping insurance how tall I am!!!! The insurance had contacted my doctor's office and left a message several times and they had not heard back from them.

I had just contacted my doctor's insurance coordinator Friday. She said she hadn't heard anything from the insurance company and she would call them and contact me either later that day or Monday for sure. Well, I called today and she is out of the office. <insert scream here> I now have found someone I could smack!

So, here I am, insurance is still pending, because they don't have my bleeping height which they need from the doctor's insurance coordinator.

This process is so frustrating! I bow down to those who have gone through it without losing their cool. I feel like just walking away from the whole process. And finding another doctor at this point is not an option.

On a different note, anyone want a free 18 year old senior in high school? Free to good home. Yes, it has been a crappy day.[/quote']

I feel ya on this. I am bout ready to pull my coordinators head off. After denying me last week because my letter from doc was out of date. I got that fixed. Waited 5 bus. Days called today for them to tell me because I was denied my surgeon would have to call and talk to there doctor. But once that is done. She didnt see why it wouldn't be approved .wtw Cigna sucks...

Boy. My only one and youngest. There is a reason that the last one is the LAST one. Interested? I will throw in a 18 year old wardrobe consisting of levis and t-shirts, and that's not all! Call now and you will also get get one obnoxious cat that he belongs to as well. Limited time offer since he will do something nice and I will forgive him for being a jerkface.

On a good note (FABULOUS) - you have lost 42 pounds! Holy Snikeees!

Also very jealous of you that are enjoying your shakes b/c right now i am dumping this crap i have been trying for two hours to get down!

chef, thanks for the encouragement. I found I actually enjoy the gym, which came as a total shock to me. I go there most days and it has helped me lose weight.

And I am with you on the crap. I tried all different kinds of whey Protein. I thought the last one who really enjoyed whey was lil Miss Muffett. I then tried Syntrax nectar and found it tastes pretty good in milk. So, been doing two of them a day.

Boy. My only one and youngest. There is a reason that the last one is the LAST one. Interested? I will throw in a 18 year old wardrobe consisting of levis and t-shirts' date=' and that's not all! Call now and you will also get get one obnoxious cat that he belongs to as well. Limited time offer since he will do something nice and I will forgive him for being a jerkface.[/quote']

Sure. We can trade. I will give you my last child too.

A 15 yr. Old with learning disabilities so she goes to on- line school for her core classes and regular school for electives.

She comes with a college aged boyfriend(out if state right now..yay!), a 57 lbs golden retriever mix, a cat that is really crazy...probably bi-polar. She likes her hair died different colors and has weird clothes.

She likes to go back to bed after I leave for work instead of starting her school. Sigh...!

Hmm, Mouse, that is a tough one. I have had experience with teenage girls. I have two older daughters, they were MUCH easier than my son. Besides, I have noticed, at least with my daughters, girls handle teenage years by crying, while boys punch walls. But I do like golden retrievers. Toss up. lol

At least I am not the only one! I am waiting on my insurance to do my pre-approval but it didn't help that my insurance coordinator dragged her feet. I have to start a new job on 4 Nov (though since I am not getting paid right now because I work federal service I am not sure what their rush is to change my job) so I have been on a time crunch to get this done. But I decided that if I don't get a least a week recovery before I have to start this new job then I will postpone surgery until I can get things sorted out. Such a pain in the butt!

Bright, that sucks! Just what you need, extra stress while going through this. So not fun. I feel bad for them being overwhelmed like that. But if they are that busy, maybe the doctor's office should hire more people, since that is how they get their money.