Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi everyone, I am new here. I was sleeved almost a week ago on Oct 1. I also had a sizable hiatal hernia repair at that time so I am still having some discomfort from that. I still have a delayed pain when swallowing liquid. It isn't a bad pain, just noticeable. But the one thing that has really got me discouraged is the fact that I wake up every day a little lightheaded and with a raging headache. I am wondering if anyone else has had this happen? I am starting to feel like myself again, and I would like to restart my regular activities. It is hard when your head hurts all the time.

Christina

I had this same problem. Mine was due to the fact I was not eating enough. I know at this stage you are still on liquids and even though we have had surgery to curb your appetite your body still craves those calories. I started to notice my headaches went away after I was able to do soft foods.

Welcome Christina,

I was sleeved on 8/14 and I had the most debilatating headaches and was told by my NUT that we're part of the 2% of people whose get headaches as a side effect to the liquid fasting in the beginning of this journey.

Girl, I was so done from my headaches! I could only try to get my liquids down and then lay down. It was the longest and worse two weeks but I made it through by God's grace and mercy. But the headaches had me edgy and mad.

Call your NUT and see if there is something that can be done. I suffered for 2 long weeks. Good luck.

weight.png

I was a caffeine drinker as well... but I pretty much got off of that while in the hospital. I had no headaches really maybe 1 or 2 in the hospital... this is a new thing in the last 3 days. I am currently on the full liquid diet, and I am making some (thinned out and no ham) split pea soup... I think I will try to add some extra Protein to it and see if that helps. I really cannot wait until I can have soft foods. This drinking everything is for the birds! Thank you all for your input! I am glad I am not the only one this has happened to! I was starting to worry about my blood pressure, but that has been ok.

I am learning a whole lot of things from this site, and I hope to get to know everyone :)

When you are allowed...Warm cream of wheat was really soothing just go slow, wait at least one minute after each small bite. An electric coffee cup warmer will keep it nice and warm for you.

For me, morning headaches tend to be the result of not enough hydration the day before. I went through it often when I was first sleeved and what they say "sip, sip, sip" really helped.

Good luck!

Same problem, called my doc. And was told my calories were too few. I use myfitnesspal.com and track my intake now. Helps a ton. Good luck.