Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May slow losers - vent here!

Just ignore my horrible diary today lol. I did pretty well' date=' but I'm still trying to get a handle on my emotional eating. I was upset/stressed earlier and took a spoon of sugar free frosting! Lol. Not my finest moment, but at least I logged it right?[/quote']

Lol true. I have those days too. Mine is Cookies

I was sleeved May 15th

I weighed 242 and now I am at 194

I just went to the dr last week. He said up the exercise but you are not a slow loser. You are average.

He also said that 2 lbs a week is the most you want to lose after you level off. Because you do not want the saggy skin.

And dont forget, you have around 2 years to do this

I' date='m a August sleever and have only lost 24lb post op, i, m 7 wks out and some have lost 47 lbs who had it. Same time as me, its frustrating, but they were about a 50 lbs heavier to start so maybe you lose more if you have more to lose??[/quote']

:( I weigh a lot

Are u all getting ur Water in? I'm not doing so good with that. Do anyone of u know what if ur doing anything ur not supposed to? I need ideas. Because I'm sooo frustrated. I feel like I failed at this and my body is done. Everytime I feel like I'm gonna have a good weighin week, something happens and I'm back to not losing. My week was great. I was a pound down and still had 5 more days to go before my official weekly weighin which is on friday. Tmi I'm sorry but I've been constipated and haven't gone in days and now I'm 2lbs up. GRRRR

Are u all getting ur Water in? I'm not doing so good with that. Do anyone of u know what if ur doing anything ur not supposed to? I need ideas. Because I'm sooo frustrated. I feel like I failed at this and my body is done. Everytime I feel like I'm gonna have a good weighin week' date=' something happens and I'm back to not losing. My week was great. I was a pound down and still had 5 more days to go before my official weekly weighin which is on friday. Tmi I'm sorry but I've been constipated and haven't gone in days and now I'm 2lbs up. GRRRR[/quote']

I really struggle to get my full amount of Water in too. I've been working so hard at the gym for a while now and have really seen a budge on the scales. The good thing though is that I can now swim for 1.5km non stop breaststroke. Yay go me!

Count me in on the slow loser side .. My surgery was mid march ..60 lbs lost ...I am happy its gone but wish it was more ...having a stall for over a month' date=', gonna try that boot camp diet on monday for 5 days !!!!! i just get scared cause i can eat everything and nothing bothers me ,, and I dont want to be a failure at this i would be mortified!!!!![/quote']

Hi fellow slow loser. My surgery was in April. Down 68 lbs. I am grateful most definitely but am with u on feeling like I'm lacking. I've pep-talked myself that as long as the scale keeps going down I need to not stress. After all pre-sleeve I never was able to drop more than 20 lbs when I dieted(and I tried many many plans). So... We WILL lose this weight and get to our goals. It didn't get on us over night. I try to look towards the end result and not on the calendar. Best to u!

I've now lost 40lbs since may 7. Slow losers unite!

I've been working my butt off lately and not seen any change to the scales but I can definitely feel I'm toning up. I figured if I actually calculated how much in total I've exercised it looks like I've achieved a lot (well a lot for me anyway)!

Here is the list so far:

Swimming breaststroke 6km

Running 11km

Weights x 2 days for 40min

Walking 7.5km

Hi I was sleeved May 21st and started off at 302 before pre-op diet. Day of surgery I weighed 294, and today I weigh 238. I feel like a slow loser compared to other people whom I've seen who have lost that much in less time, which makes me feel discouraged. I also have a difficult time getting in all my Water and Protein but I'm trying to get back on track. It's a bit scary when the weight loss starts to slow down from what I was used to in the early days. I'm thinking of trying to give my body a jumpstart by going back on the pre-op diet/liquids for a few days. I really want to hit Onderland!

This past week I really started focusing on tracking all of my calories. On Monday I ate as I normally would (post surgery ofcourse) just to see what my intake was. I was going waaay over 800. So I started modifying what I ate. Its still hard for me to stay at 800 but I'm trying foods to keep it low. My goal now is 800-1000. And that still might be too much. Anyway my weighin day is Friday. So in the few days that I've been reducing my calories, I lost 1.5lbs. I know that doesn't sound like much but I was thrilled! !! This is tmi But I also have my period and hadn't gone to the bathroom in a few days so I with factoring in that, I was proud!

I was sleeved on May 21st an have lost 47lbs including pre-op weight loss of 9lbs. I feel very much like a slow loser and I have long stalls then lose a bit and repeat. I do not lose every week and it can be disheartening when you read the amazing headlines '2 months out and lost 70lbs'!! I mean that's amazing and it makes me feel useless as I'm following all the rules eating around 800 cals a day but its not falling off me.

However I am grateful for the loss I have achieved and hope to keep losing but at a much slower pace than most. Let's hang in there and help and support each other it's good to know we are not along in our slower journey!

I was sleeved on May 21st an have lost 47lbs including pre-op weight loss of 9lbs. I feel very much like a slow loser and I have long stalls then lose a bit and repeat. I do not lose every week and it can be disheartening when you read the amazing headlines '2 months out and lost 70lbs'!! I mean that's amazing and it makes me feel useless as I'm following all the rules eating around 800 cals a day but its not falling off me.

However I am grateful for the loss I have achieved and hope to keep losing but at a much slower pace than most. Let's hang in there and help and support each other it's good to know we are not alone in our slower journey!

After reading through this thread, I don't feel so bad. :)

I was sleeved May 22, and I'm down 40-ish pounds. It fluctuates up or down a pound or two. I just recently came off of a four week stall. Don't get me wrong, I'm so very thankful for the weight I've lost, I just wish it would come off a bit faster.

Thank you for this thread!! I was sleeved August 27th and have only lost 18 lbs. I lost 18 lbs prior to surgery and weighed 247 on the day of surgery. I am curious to know if any of you kept records each month of your weight loss. Even though 40 - 50 lbs in 5 months is slow...I'll still take that! But right now I am having a hard time believing I will lose that much in 5 months. Would you mind sharing your records for comparison? Also, if you kept up with exercise, calories, Protein and Water intake that would be helpful. Thanks again!

I was sleeved May 9th.

SW: 302 CW: 227 - 230

I know that's a good loss so far but I haven't lost ANYTHING in the last month. I'm in a serious stall. I never go over 1100 cal per day. I get all my Protein and Vitamins. I try to drink enough Water but some days are difficult. I make (mostly) good food choices. I have a treat here and there but never go overboard. The only thing I don't do is exercise. That being said, I have a toddler who keeps me busy.

I'm wondering if anyone else has gone through a long stall like this before? How can I shock my system into losing again? Tips? Support? I feel like a NON loser. Not a slow loser. :/

@kohe I was sleeved on 5/21. SW 237.7 down from 253.4. Current weight 185. I hit a serious nearly 6 week stall where I was 191 for what seemed lile forever. What I did find though was that my August weighin was 196 and my September weighin was 191.4 and then October was finally 195. For me I would drop and then rise back up a pound or 2. I don't really consider this "gaining weight" because I am losing. And even though I had those six weeks at 191 technically I did drop at the 1 month mark. And had I not been an obsessive weigher (which believe me I AM) I may not have even known about the stall!! Now I see I am avering 5 or 6 pounds a month and I want to lose a final 55 poundd to be beyond any goal. When I did the math I realized even on a slow 5 pounds a month scale that adds 11 months to my already 5. Giving me 124.3 pounds in 16 months nearly 50% WL. In a time frame that docs say is good. So try looking at your numbers in increments. And from what everyone told me when I freaked over my stall I just got through we'll see them again. However, I excercise alot. But I also have a cookie once ina while. I just dont eat them allday!!