Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 2006 Bandits' March Challenge

I forgot to report my NSV:

At the doctor's today, my BP was 110/51...I think that is good?

Boo, Julie, Fiona, Guysis, Kat, thank you so much for your advice. Im letting her go, but I cant just stay her friend anymore, cause it exhausts me and I wouldnt be able to trust her again.

You all just helped me so much cause you told me what I just knew deep down :-)Thanx again.

Ok better news, today Im officially 30kgs down!!!! yipeeeeee!!!!:-)

I haven't posted, the guy i really like said he didn't think we were compatible and that has hurt me big time, yes I am tryng to be brave, but wouldn't have mentioned it at all to you all if i diid't like him, any advise!!!!!!

I AM SOOOOO down!:cry

Ohhhh! That is a tough one! I am sooo so sorry. You deserve to be cherished. Look at all you have accomplished. It must be especially hard because you are just getting into a new dating scene and that takes some risk. He is nuts! It is ALWAYS better to be with someone who really "gets" you. This is not about you, Amourette, this is about HIM. Please don't blame yourself!

Fiona, babe I know its hard you just need relax and live with it, because you being sad wont change it, its impossible to make someone love you (and I tried it but just doesnt work that way).you need to give him credit for being so open cause most of the guys just wouldnt return your calls and hide.

You are beautiful,clever,charismatic and caring young woman so there are gooing to be lots of guys just right for you.

Hey it might take while to find "the right one" but Im also waiting and not that I dont have any guys who like me Im just a bit picky cause I want the best:-) (Im changing definitely before I would be happy for anyone who would be interested in me:-)

Dont worry girl you will be fine and the right one is there for you somewhere!!!

Luv

I guess I WILL be fine, thought I was a coupl of days ago but I guess that is te ugliness showing itself later, he wants to be friends so I said ok and now he has freaked and said he can't do that, yes I know the answer to all this but it suck still

Hi to you all, I am still working out but wanted to let you know why I was a bit quiet

Love Amourette XX

Fiona, I couldnt be friends with a guy I fancied (at least for some period of time), it would hurt me to see him around.It sucks, but you will be fine in no time.call some of your friends have a coffee with them, go to the beach or just do something that makes you happy and you will realize that even without that guy you have a damn good life!!!:-)

Luv Eva xxxx

I was planning to get a little taken out I am at 2 cc in a 4 cc band. I think my sweet spot is 1.8 cc, but the office called to cancel, the doctor had an emergency. So my next appointment is the 15. I did PB in the beginning of this fill, but now I don't because I only eat in the evening.

Thanks for the advice guys and I am definitely looking froward to getting moving!

NJ Girl, Awesome that you've scheduled an unfill. I think you're going to do great things at 1.8. When you can eat more comfortably, your exercise will really take off. I can't wait to see it! Go, NJ Girl!

Amourette, This is so hard, but you are BRAVE. I'm enthralled by your courage with dating. I know you're hurting, but you were up for the challenge and though you got hurt, I know you'll get yourself back out there again and you'll ultimately find the right person for you. Someone who understands you and cherishes you for how beautiful and special you are. I always think back to this episode of the TV show, Friends, where Ross is explaining to Rachel (who is in love with Ross, but he doesn't know it and is involved with Julie) that she deserves someone who gets up every morning thanking his lucky stars that he's with Rachel! You deserve that too and you will have it.

Eficka, Congratulations on beign 30kg down. That's so fabulous!

Boo, BOO -- can you hear us?!!! Your BP is so low I wasn't sure you were alive. You're such an athlete! Woohoo!

Betty, Yes, we're long-lost family, with all these things in common. You're my surrogate WLS-Mom. Hey, are you consistently lighter than Alan now? As soon as he's recovered, he's going to pick you up and twirl you around. I'm nervous for you and his surgery, but it's going to be great to have it behind you. I don't usually advocate this, but let's just go on and fast forward a month, ok? Wink.

Hello everyone!!!

My gosh, I hate when our group is unhappy! It is one of the frustrations of our online friendship (maybe the only one?) when one of you has a problem, needs help, whatever, I cannot just hop in the car and run over to your place to help. I truly wish I could.

Betty--I am so glad Alan's tests went well, and hope he is healing well from the angiogram. It is a relief to actually SEE the rest of everything is working, and know they consider it nothing major! I hope the schedule works so he can get it done soon, and have the Spring and Summer to begin walking again, and building up his strength. Rick had his in August, and it was too doggone hot to walk outside some days, and then before we knew it, fall was upon us! I loved being banded in the Spring, it was the perfect time. I think it would be for him as well. I hope your stress levels ease some---I can so remember the fear. ((((Big giant hugs))))

Eficka--The very last thing I said to my former friend was "Friendship requires trust, we have none, so we have no friendship." I see her around, she avoids meeting my eyes. She looks like what she is---an alcoholic. She has several years on your friend--we are 46, but time will do it to her as well. It is a hard life, and one I would think is hard to live as well. My brother had alcohol issues for awhile, and he was horrid to be around. I chose not to be around him often, so why would I choose someone knowing that about them. I am not anti-alcohol. I am anti-abuse. When it causes problems---it IS a problem. You will mourn the friendship---or at least what you thought the friendship was. It is normal for you to be able to think of little else. It IS a major issue in your life right now. While the inside you is not changing as drastically as the outside, it IS changing. You are gaining in self confidence, as you lose in size. It is good. Just as Fiona deserves better, so do you. And here is your ((((big, giant hug)))).

Yep Amourette---you deserve better. You could have had much worse, but you deserve better! Your job, makes it such a different possibility! I mean for myself, if I were single, in the rural area I live in, I could go to the next town over, go to bars, or to events, like local rodeos etc. but I would have definite limitations. You have the world at your feet--literally!!!!! You could meet a man in the USA, or one in Italy......oh the possibilities!!! And you like Eficka are changing, your self confidence, although it took a beating this week, Is going to soar! Self confidence attracts people---even male people!!! I am so sorry you are hurting....but better to know now, it is for the best. I send you ((((big, giant hugs ))))too!

Julie---I have no doubt Onederland is sitting there waiting for you with open arms! I cannot get there!!! I think my GPS is broken! I think I would have made it, but I am in a place where I am building muscle now. I have dropped from a 16 to a 14 in pants, and my body fat percentage has dropped by over 10 points. Measured on the same machine, at the same time of day. I have gone from being able to do 5 sit ups to doing 2 sets of 20...underneath that layer (and it is a pretty good layer still!!!) of fat, I can feel muscle. I also have a bicep to be proud of!!! Triceps are still hiding under the wing of fat, but I feel them there!!! The biggest change is one only I notice---it is in my lats. I used to have a roll over my bra on the side/back---it is gone. My bra band has dropped another size as well. BUT the scale sits tight, it jumps from 202.5-205---not over, not under!!! I hate to go for another fill, I am in a good place eating wise. I can eat most things, I can likely eat more than is ideal, but it is less than I did by far. I do not want to worry about food. When I am tight, I stress over what will work and what won't. So I want to do this without another fill at this point. I know Spring will help, lots to DO!!!

Boo---WOW!!!! 110/51!!!! I thought I was doing good---mine closked in at 118/72. I see I have more work to do!!! You have done such an awesome job!!!

Bluehill---how you doing? Hanging in there? How much longer til they think you can get home?

Roberta---where ya at?

Ok I need to get some things done. My Mom is having knee surgery tomorrow, I am battling with my oldest DD---and feeling like hell for it. It is not starting out a great day.....hope it improves!

TTYL,

Kat

Boy - life is getting in our way! Doesn't it know we have bridges to run over, etc?

Alan is feeling great - the angio was a snap for him - he's in his workroom - working on a gorgeous piece of stained glass for our entry way - he's a stained glass addict!

and I went to NIA this morning - back to "sort of" normal!

No Julie - Alan and I are still "in a sustained" tie with our weight. I have not been on the scale in a week - a bit afraid after last week with the kids........I ate a few things that have not been in my repitore (sp?) the past year........and am giving myself till Friday to make amends. I agree with the fast forward - however................am trying to "enjoy and go with the moment of each day"..............not always easy is it?

Kat - you beat me out with all the "stuff" that goes on with your family.......your dynamics are even "more hectic" than mine!

Dear Amourette and Eficka: My thoughts are with you as you work through these life disappointments. They may feel bitter now, but there are positives to the experience as well, in terms of self-growth and understanding. Embrace that, and you will reap the benefits.

I'm finally off IV antibiotics, and the PICC line was removed from my arm. So now I can take a proper bath and wash my hair. Hooray! And better yet, the doctor gave me the word: I'M GOING HOME ON FRIDAY!!! I can't wait! It's been a very difficult month, although some very good aspects, like the valuable one-on-one time with my daughter (21). But home is the best. And waiting for me will be a brand new staircase, stained to match the other natural woodwork in my 1910 house in the New England woods.

Blue - Welcome back to the land of "healthy"! I'm sure you're so happy to be going home. Just take it easy getting back into a normal routine. Want you to be able to come visit soon!

Thank you, Betty! I can't wait to get back to some "normal" activity, including exercise. Although I do have to go slowly on that...

Oh Blue I am soooo glad to hear you are doing that well!!! I bet you are so excited to get into your own home, and your own bed!!! I am so spoiled to our bed, it is hard for me to sleep elsewhere!

Yes by all means take it slow----we are just glad you are recovering!

Got things straightened out with my DD and I feel much better for it! I love my kids---but sometimes they make me wanna scream---so I did! She did not appreciate me telling her what needed to be done---but she come around, and did it!

My son and DIL are bringing the baby over tonight---I guess the guys (DH & DS) decided we needed to order pizza in, so guess I won't be cooking. Can't say as it hurts my feelings!! They always order me a salad, I eat some of it, and part of a piece of pizza, and I'm good!

Feeling kinda crummy---my laryngitis, is migrating up, my head feels like it is in a daze, if that makes any sense. Just breathing feels like it takes more energy than I have. LOL---I just realized I sit here sighing, I sound like the Eeyore (Winnie the Pooh) book I read Kinsey!!! Who btw is with her Dad part of this week---I really hate that, I miss the little munchkin!

Once again---Blue I am so happy you are doing this well!!!!

Kat