Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How did it go this morning?

How did it go this morning?

Got 180 cc Fluid out. Took about 6 pokes with a rather large needle. Was not fun. But worth it.

Thankyou I was wandering about that , how scary and awful it sounds , I have known a few people that have had colastamy bags placed on them and have seen them so this again was very helpful to know ,I hope they nub you before they take out the Fluid and is the Fluid also going to be out of the band hope they just take out the part they are suppose to and enjoy your new healthy you& your flat tummy I am going to be so jelous lol.

Hey all!! I had a panniculectomy done on November 11th. I have to agree, the first 2 days are HORRIBLE!!! I live in Long Island but my amazing doctor is in New York City!! So I was feeling better each day.... Then had my first follow up visit on Tuesday. While we drove in, I still had to walk to his office. Almost passed out while he was checking the incisions. (Just got crazy hot and I was light headed lol) I was so beat yesterday!!! I'm trying to wean off the pain meds but they really help!! My biggest issue right now is the RASH!!!! OMG!!! This garment is literally ruining my skin!! Anyone else have skin issues?!?!?

He took off 14lbs of skin and fat!!!!! My wonderful friends took pictures!!! ???? this recovery sucks but I think in the end it will be worth it!!

Lexus, congrats! I understand about the garment irritating the skin. My garment rubs against my new belly button & therefore it is having a hard time healing.

Don't push to hard to get off the pain meds, you will still need them! I'm 3 weeks out and sometimes I have to take them in the evening or at night (especially if i do too much).

I agree, in the end it is so worth it!!

Small set back.....

I had to have another drain put in my tummy this morning. My tummy kept filling up with Fluid, tried draining it out twice, just to have it fill again so doc had to put a drain back in, ugh! Doc said it was unusual the amount of Fluid I was still getting but he has had to put drains back in to some patients.

My hip to hip incision is all healed and looks great. My belly button is having a hard time healing (garment keeps rubbing on it and irritating it) so got a script for some cream that should help with the healing and (the best part) permission to go a few hours every night (while sitting watching TV or something) without my garment on. :)

This set back is frustrating, I know I'll get through it and the results are going to be very much worth it.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

That sucks you had to have a drain put back in! I can only imagine how annoying those are! I'm glad your incision is healing nicely though! Congrats!

On a lighter note..... You're an over achiever! On a more serious note, I got my pre-op phone call this evening :)

On a lighter note..... You're an over achiever! On a more serious note, I got my pre-op phone call this evening :)

Congrats, that is awesome.

How long did it take you to feel "better"??? I'm almost 3 weeks out and I have to say I don't feel good at all!!! I have a high pain tolerance. I would not say I'm in PAIN.... But the only time I feel normal is laying down!!! I'm getting like cramp shocks in my lower abs. I see the dr tomorrow.... I just feel I should feel better by now!!! Frustrating!!!

Lexus. I am not 100% yet. I have days when my stomach cramps, not to mention the pain from the drain.

This is major surgery! Makes the band a walk in the park. Lol.

I had my full TT done October 15th, 2013. So I am almost 2 months since I had it. I have to say I am very proud of how beautiful my tummy looks compared to what it use to from loosing 80 pounds and being streched when I was pregnant 6 years ago with my twins. Yes my insurance paid for mine, only the Excess skin removal because I had a rash under it, the actual tightening of my abs was $1,800.00. For the first three weeks I was not able to sleep in the bed, I slept in my recliner. It does take a long time to go back to feeling like a normal "human" again. I did have three drains that I had to keep emptied or they would get blood clots in them. My awesome husband was there the first week to help me. He had to bath me while I held my drains. I never knew how much you use your abs until after I had surgery. It hurt to sneeze, cough, or even laugh. I have returned back to work at 6 weeks, I just have a weight restriction. I did have 1 CC taken from my lap band two weeks before I had my surgery. My plastic surgeon did move my port because it had come loose from the wall. So he moved it under my rib cage, I don't have the low profile port because that was going to cost me extra out of pocket. I did spend the night in the hospital and went home the next afternoon. If anyone has any questions, please feel free to ask me.