Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Almost a month out stressed!!

This tues will make it a month that I had the lap band and I'm stressed out the reason is I feel as if I never had it I feel no restriction and I lost 16 pounds the first week but it seem like I'm either gaining it back or my weight lost just stopped and I don't get my first fill till 21st of Nov. 2013 If anyone went through this PLZ HELP! ????

yes we all do...it may take many months to find any help from the band...first off you are healing yet and secondly just follow the band rules eat the amt you are supposed to-not what you can. These first few months are the bandster hell as you are basically on a diet yourself until you get some help from your band.

Mine took 1 full year, 11 fills and am first getting help from my band and I am loving it now but I had a year of hell. Most bandsters will get help around the 3 to 5 month mark so hang in there...you will get thru just like the rest of us :)

I agree with PJ. Most all of us went through this phase. It's called Bandster Hell and it will last till you get the fill that gives you enough restriction to feel satiety. Till then it's a diet.

I am the same, just over 1 month and have only lost 15 pounds since pre-op started.

I sure wish someone explained this to me in pre-op.

I think we go in believing we'll come out of surgery w/all the restriction necessary to drop the lbs & its furthest from the truth.

Back in the day before Allergen they'd fill the bands to 7,8,9cc's in surgery.

Lap band, i find, is the only the procedure that doesnt give significant restriction right outta surgery.

I hate that ive told family & friends ive had lapband bcuz they ask me for weightloss updates & when they see me, they look me up & down & its been 90 days & i have to tell them everything ive lost after a fill ive regained so im back at my surgery weight, playing around with fills trying to find my green zone for the last 3 months..

Im at 7.5cc's in a 10cc band for 4days now, and its been 3 months since surgery, and im FINALLY feeling the push back of the band.

Just hope it lasts this time. If not ill be back in their offices in 2 weeks...

Things have unfortunately changed with the band. With the 4cc band there was restriction right away. And it didn't take many fills to get restriction. I have to say reading that some of you now take 3-5 months worth of fills or even a year to get get restriction is really a shitty deal (sorry guys 'n gals). I'm so glad I have the smaller band.

I have a 10cc band, but my doctor was more aggressive with fills. I had 3cc at the time of surgery, and was given another 3.2cc's one month later. The month after that I got another 1cc, then .25, and last week got .50. Each and every fill made a huge difference, and right now......I'm neon green :P

I sure wish someone explained this to me in pre-op.

I think we go in believing we'll come out of surgery w/all the restriction necessary to drop the lbs & its furthest from the truth.

Back in the day before Allergen they'd fill the bands to 7,8,9cc's in surgery.

Lap band, i find, is the only the procedure that doesnt give significant restriction right outta surgery.

I hate that ive told family & friends ive had lapband bcuz they ask me for weightloss updates & when they see me, they look me up & down & its been 90 days & i have to tell them everything ive lost after a fill ive regained so im back at my surgery weight, playing around with fills trying to find my green zone for the last 3 months..

Im at 7.5cc's in a 10cc band for 4days now, and its been 3 months since surgery, and im FINALLY feeling the push back of the band.

Just hope it lasts this time. If not ill be back in their offices in 2 weeks...

I'm nearly 2 years out now. I felt the same as you during the first 4 months that it took to finally get some restriction. But looking back, the 7 months and 6 fills it took to finally find the green zone turned out to be a blessing. I learned how to work with my band during those months. I learned how to eat slower, chew more and eat smaller.

So many newly banded people post on this site that they can't eat and they get stuck all the time. Many of these bandster's fall off the wagon simply because they never learned or never accepted the ways of living with our bands. Some cause their bands to slip or dilate their pouch or esophagus.

I like that my doctor slowly brought me along my journey. If not, I may have made some mistakes I've read others make? However, It would have been more comforting if my doctor or nutritionist would have informed me that this could be how my journey would unfold so I would be more prepared for the slow process.

I like that my doctor slowly brought me along my journey. If not, I may have made some mistakes I've read others make? However, It would have been more comforting if my doctor or nutritionist would have informed me that this could be how my journey would unfold so I would be more prepared for the slow process.

I totally have to agree.. i know i could have done more research and found this out before hand. but it really should be shared upfront that no you won't be any where near that green zone right out of surgery and that they will make tiny adjustments to the band after the first one. i had 2cc's added at my first fill and they then told me that they would only adjust it by .25 to .1 at a time going forward. as i'm in a 14cc band.. that will take me YEARS to find restriction if for some reason i need all 14cc's in there. Next fill is on the 12th i'm hoping i can persuade them to be a little more aggressive other wise i'm going to be in their office every 2wks - I too regret telling any one about the surgery.. it's not that i care they know but they look at me now 6wks along and don't see much of a difference.. they look at another coworker who had the gastric bypass and see a HUGE difference..

Ok, so is that why I'm able to take big gulps when I drink? Or when I eat Soup? I was wondering why my lap band doesn't hurt like everyone else says it's supposed to. I just had the surgery on Oct 24th and I kept waiting for all this pain that never came. Granted I'm still on liquids, but they never hurt going down no matter how fast or slow I drink them.

Ok, so is that why I'm able to take big gulps when I drink? Or when I eat Soup? I was wondering why my lap band doesn't hurt like everyone else says it's supposed to. I just had the surgery on Oct 24th and I kept waiting for all this pain that never came. Granted I'm still on liquids, but they never hurt going down no matter how fast or slow I drink them.

I never had pain either and you won't see people starting topics stating they don't have pain. Only the people who are in pain usually post.

It's not getting the band, it's getting the fills that makes the magic happen. Need to keep the self will and control until you get yourself to green. Good luck

At 7.5cc's in my 10cc band for 4 days now, i feel a pinch in my chest when i swallow. The 90 days before this and gradually working up to 7.5 i felt nothing and i followed the Atkins diet, but i cld eat tons of meats and veggies, as if i had no band at all. I was also working out.

And my family look at me like im doing something wrong.

Never had badster hee. Got 22 cc in my 10cc band at surgery and now have 6 and all is green. 9 months and 80 pounds down. Why should there be pain when eating? Only time I have any pain is when I eat too fast or get somnething stuck and thatn has happened 2 times in 9 months.

Never had badster hee. Got 22 cc in my 10cc band at surgery and now have 6 and all is green. 9 months and 80 pounds down. Why should there be pain when eating? Only time I have any pain is when I eat too fast or get somnething stuck and thatn has happened 2 times in 9 months.

Nancy was referring to pain post op not pain while eating.