Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Leftover Candy....???

Alright, Halloween has come and gone. Throw that evil stuff out, or give it away to somewhere, anywhere. We don't need it. Be strong now.

Focus on the Protein, the veggies, and fruit!!!

I am so proud of myself, I have not touched a single piece of that Halloween candy!! It's all here on my desk, and everyone else is eating it..and I am laughing at each one.

I have this awesome bowl that yells at you when you take the candy. It tells you candy is no good for you, that it will rot your teeth. You can't have it..and it screams at you that it will bite your fingers off.

I love watching them all jump and then take two just to hear it go off again! I look at it this way I'm losing calories by laughing it up, I'll keep feeding 'em :)

At my last LB support meeting this topic was discussed and there are actually some great things you can do w/ the candy, in lieu of throwing it out: Send extra candy to a charity:

ii. Operation Shoebox – Donate to the Troops http://operationshoebox.com/

iii. Operation Gratitude http://www.operationgratitude.com/

iv. Some schools and food pantries also accept these items

Great advice! I made sure I had no leftover candy. I gave my last trick or treater the rest of my candy the smile on thier face was priceless!

I love all of the suggestions.. I am lucky because we live so far out in the woods no kids come to our house for Halloween.. my grandkids go into town to trick or treat.. so I don't have any candy in the house.. but I will say even if I did I think my band helps me make good decisions and keeps me focused on healthier options...

Great advice! I made sure I had no leftover candy. I gave my last trick or treater the rest of my candy the smile on thier face was priceless!

That's awesome! And I have heard you can donate candy to places. I think that's great!!! Keep up the good work.

Now I'm getting back on the treadmill!!!

Too late (snicker)

Unfortunately with 3 kiddos, throw away is not an option. They'd literally hang me by my toes. However, I believe in moderation and allow myself 1-2 pieces..and fortunately that curtails any sweet tooth cravings :)

I have two kids and a husband that would kill me if I gave away their candy! So it's sitting there on the kitchen counter just tempting me. Last night I gave in. I wish I could say I only ate 2 or 3 pieces, but I can't. So today I am trying something new. I put a bottle of mouthwash right on top of the bowl. Now hopefully if I reach for the candy, I rinse my mouth out instead. Who wants to eat after they use mouthwash??? Not me!!

This is my first Halloween not eating ANY candy. It was so easy. I can't believe it. Why didn't I do it years ago!?!

I didn't eat any either. I got one lollipop from work and gave it to my.son. it was easy!

I kept the Almond Hershey chocolate bars....Love them....put about a dozen in the freezer to use in the future, kept a few out for immediate consumption....... all the rest of the stuff I took to work and left in in the break room....

I kept the Almond Hershey chocolate bars....Love them....put about a dozen in the freezer to use in the future' date=' kept a few out for immediate consumption....... all the rest of the stuff I took to work and left in in the break room....[/quote']

Frozen chocolate.....! That's a dangerous road for me! Haha. I am turning around and running away right now!!! For me just thinking about I gained 5lbs. I gotta go walking again! :P