Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bat Wings

I'm getting a routine down, finally, with exercising. I get up at 5 a.m. and walk on my treadmill for 30 minutes. Gradually going longer and faster using more of an incline. After I get home from work I am usually too tired to exercise, I am a morning person. I want to start some kind of toning. I am really noticing the 'bat wings' lately and wondering what others have done to tone them. I heard it is best to tone as you go help not have soooo much lose skin. I have two different size hand weights and would like specific exercises or whatever works for you. My space around my treadmill is tight, I have tried to use them on it but some mornings I'm so tired I hold on to the handles real tight and walk with my eyes shut. Kinda silly but I am still walking. Maybe brings a whole new meaning to sleep walking?

Getting a strength and toning routine in place is my goal for this month, along with getting that walking in. Your awesome getting up at 5am to walk. I would sleep walk every day on the tread mil if I could really be sleeping!!! I am sooo not the morning person, I have been trying get up and go to the gym at lunch and/or after work before going home.

I'm going to research some moves to eliminate batwings :) and speak so some of the physical trainers that teach classes here a couple times a week and I'll let you know what they have to say about toning that area.

November 1st starts tomorrow...I keep telling myself that so I remember to at least pick up the weights once :wacko:

Most lose skin will not go away with toning unless your elasticity is good. Its not the muscle that is sagging its the skin and there is not much to help that but plastic surgery.

I have bat wings also. I need to get a good toning workout ready sometime soon. The only lose skin I have is my arms really. Everything else is turning into muscle very nicely

Most lose skin will not go away with toning unless your elasticity is good. Its not the muscle that is sagging its the skin and there is not much to help that but plastic surgery.

Even if toning doesn't change one single millimeter of bat wing (or other sagging skin) it certainly won't hurt anything. Exercise is great at burning calories and good for everyone. What the heck. Tone away. Can't hurt and may help!

Google Katie couric batwings and there's a whole routine from her trainer on how to get rid if them I just started them so I don't have personal results yet.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• ChunkCat

Thank you everyone for your well wishes! I totally forgot I wrote an update here... I'm one week post op today. I gained 15 lbs in water weight overnight because they had to give me tons of fluids to bring my BP up after surgery! I stayed one night in the hospital. Everything has been fine except I seem to have picked up a bug while I was there and I've been running a low grade fever, coughing, and a sore throat. So I've been hydrating well and sleeping a ton. So far the Covid tests are negative.
      I haven't been able to advance my diet past purees. Everything I eat other than tofu makes me choke and feels like trying to swallow rocks. They warned me it would get worse before it gets better, so lets hope this is all normal. I have my follow up on Monday so we'll see. Living on shakes and soup again is not fun. I had enough of them the first time!! LOL 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • BeanitoDiego

Still purging all of the larger clothing. This morning, a shirt that I ADORED wearing ended up on top. Hard to let it go, but it was also hard to let go of those habits that also no longer serve my highest good. Onward and upward!
      · 0 replies
    • Onedayatatime365

Looking to connect with others who are also on the journey of better health. Post-Op Gastric Sleeve (4/11/24).
      · 0 replies
    • jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 4 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

3. NickelChip

I hope it goes well! Sending positive thoughts for a speedy recovery!

4. AmberFL

How are you doing? any update?!

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches