Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Return to work HAHA

Banded on 10/24. I has my son take me to my job to drop something off. I still have the stuck feeling and uncomfortable sitting straight up or laying flat so I didn't drive. I don't know how I was expected to return to work in 5 to 7 days. That was false. I was nauseated in the car with him. I couldn't get out the car because of how I was feeling. Not trying to be negative but my expectations were bamboozled. At least drinks are going down.

I wish you will do better..

I just had my LP done this morning..

I hope I can go back to work by Monday..

I am only taking 5days off :( I hope that's enough!

Well friends....I took off for 8 days a total of 10 with the weekend in there. I felt AWESOME after surgery! I was up and out and driving to pick my hubby up from his surgery a couple days later.

BUT...after that I crashed. I was so tired, and achy a few days later that by the time I had to go back to work I wished I had take the extra time and took the full two weeks.

That's me though, everyone is different. I work long hours, at a desk job sitting butted up against my desk was not optimal for me as it hit right at the level of my incision, and the seat belt same thing and I drive about 60 miles a day. So the first couple of days back were exhausting, but I made it through and every day was better and better.

Take care of yourselves while your home. Extra extra TLC, so your ready to go back to work and be realistic with yourself when you go back. Take it slow if you need to stop and rest do it. If you have to go home half the day cause your not feeling great take it.

Soon your gonna be feeling great, but give it time after all you just had Major life altering surgery.

Best of luck to you all!

I returned to work on Monday, and was banded on last Thursday! It may vary from person to person! I felt great on the first day back, but was worn out by the time I made it home. Was in bed by 7!!!! I also started my workouts back up on yesterday! Listen to your body and not your mind!

I had surgery on Friday afternoon and was back to work Monday morning. I wish I'd taken a couple days. It really was too soon.

I returned to work on Monday' date=' and was banded on last Thursday! It may vary from person to person! I felt great on the first day back, but was worn out by the time I made it home. Was in bed by 7!!!! I also started my workouts back up on yesterday! Listen to your body and not your mind![/quote']

Do you feel it was too early for exercise?

Everything I have read says 5 days to 7 days (a week) or less for recovery. I have already started banking my hours for when I get the green light for surgery and right now I have 5 days of banked sick time and over a week of earned time. Everyone is different though. Different pain tolerance, there could be other medical factors, what type of work you do could keep you out longer....it seems that you just need to do what is right for you and your body. I think I better keep banking time just in case!

I hope you a very easy return to your normal routine!!

As someone who has not been banded yet, how do you know when you are ready to return to work? ready for exercise?

It took me a few days to start getting back to normal.. however, I work at home so it wasn't difficult for me to get in my office chair and work on the computer.. I did get tired easily.. It took at least a week or more for me to start feeling better.. no exercise for 4-6 weeks per my Dr. walking okay... get plenty of rest when you can.. keep yourself comfortable as much as possible.. I found once I got over the first few days and got off pain meds I felt more alert and could do okay with tylenol (liquid ).. heating pad for my shoulder and drinking as much as I could... It will be worth it and you will be so glad you did this for yourself...take care of yourself.. you deserve it...

I had surgery yesterday (10/29) and have every intention of returning to work Monday (11/4) and if I can only work part day, so be it. I'm not going to push myself too hard. I have 4 weeks of comp time built up so if I need some extra time off, it's available; however, if I don't use it by year's end, I can cash it in.

Damn! You guys are warriors! I'm not working and couldn't phantom going back to "work" if I had to, before the two week mark.

I had surgery on 9/13/13 (Friday) and returned to work on Tuesday. I have a desk job and everyone was really nice. I made it but as soon as I got home I had to take a pain pill and actually every day that first week. I didn't take any pain pills while at work and I just took that one at night. I basically did nothing but go to work. My husband and kids had to help out at home. After the first week I was feeling better. If you have the time off - take it. I didn't have the sick days left. Hope you feel better! Don't try to be a martyr! (Lol) it only hurts you ;)

Sent from my iPhone using LapBandTalk

My doctor told me 2 weeks to fully recover and back to work , my surgery is nov 6 and I am planing to comeback to work nove 20, for me is better to take the time off for a complete recovery.

My doctor told me 2 weeks to fully recover and back to work ' date=' my surgery is nov 6 and I am planing to comeback to work nove 20, for me is better to take the time off for a complete recovery.[/quote']

I went back to work on November 1st after being banded on the 30th. I bit tired by the afternoon but felt good. This weekend I am relaxing but feeling fine. Knocking on wood right now