Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Been in a Plateau for the last 1.5 months :(

Any ideas on how to get out of this stupid plateau?

I've been stuck at the same weight for the last 1.5 months - though I know muscle weighs more than fat, I would still think I would have seen weight change.

I'm watching my Protein, my carbs, my fats and their all healthy carbs and fats and lean Protein

I work out 13-14 hours a week (yes, I'm a bit of a gym rat...)

so I don't really know what else I can do, since adding more cardio is not an option because I work out PLENTY

any help/ideas would be wonderful. I was hoping to get to 100lb weight loss by my 1 year, but that isn't going to happen seeing how I'm only 5 days from that.

How many calories do you eat? With all that exercise, you might not be eating enough. I was at a plateau for a few months, increase my calories to 1,250 and now the weight is coming off.

I have to admit some of my plateau was due to poor choices...

Good luck!

How many calories do you eat? With all that exercise, you might not be eating enough. I was at a plateau for a few months, increase my calories to 1,250 and now the weight is coming off.

I have to admit some of my plateau was due to poor choices...

Good luck!

I'm getting plenty of calories, I actually have a trainer for 3 days a week and I'm not in my green zone, so I actually can eat more than a normal lap band person.

Currently I'm on a 150 Protein 50 Fats and 260 Carbs daily because of my workout regimen of working out as much as I do.

I don't touch 260 carbs though - on a daily basis I'm normally 125-150g Protein (all lean proteins) 40-50 g fats (all good fats) and normally about 160g carbs (all slow carbs, no fast carbs)

Every once in a while I'll give myself a "treat" but that's maybe every 3-4 weeks

My normal meal plan consists of something like this:

6am - Egg White oatmeal (Oats, Egg Whites, Raisins, Cinnamon)

8am - Protein smoothie (Almond Milk, 1/4 c Orange juice, 1 c frozen fruit, protein powder)

10am - Same as above or Protein Bar

12pm - chicken with yams (or brown rice)

2pm Protein smoothie (Same as above)

4pm Protein Smoothie or Protein Bar

6pm-7pm chicken with yams (or brown rice)

10pm Protein shake

You might be having to many sugars! All ur fruit yes it's all natural and it's fruit but that can make up gain. Was a huge issue for me to lower but once I did I started seeing the scale move more. I know ur not eating a lot of carbs and it looks to be healthy as well but potatoes have a lot of starch which a sugar. Try and Knox those out maybe every other day and see if that helps.

I also don't see any type of greens in ur meals. Those greens help break down all that Protein . They have a powder that taste like fruit I add it to me Protein Shakes but I don't add any fruit I use the fruit as a treat now! Hope they helps

Any ideas on how to get out of this stupid plateau? I've been stuck at the same weight for the last 1.5 months - though I know muscle weighs more than fat' date=' I would still think I would have seen weight change. I'm watching my Protein, my carbs, my fats and their all healthy carbs and fats and lean Protein I work out 13-14 hours a week (yes, I'm a bit of a gym rat...) so I don't really know what else I can do, since adding more cardio is not an option because I work out PLENTY any help/ideas would be wonderful. I was hoping to get to 100lb weight loss by my 1 year, but that isn't going to happen seeing how I'm only 5 days from that.[/quote']

I was around the same weight and measurements for 4-6 months. I got a fill a few weeks ago after not ga

I was around the same weight and measurements for 4-6 months. I got a fill a few weeks ago after not ga

I was trying to type and my cat got involved. Sorry. I was trying to say the weight took more than a few weeks/ months to get in you. I figured on 2 years to get to a nice goal number or size clothing. Good luck

I also don't see any type of greens in ur meals. Those greens help break down all that Protein . They have a powder that taste like fruit I add it to me Protein shakes but I don't add any fruit I use the fruit as a treat now! Hope they helps

Thanks for that information - I'm going to have to give that a shot and see if that works. Yea greens I am HORRIBLE on - but I do try to do green Beans.

You said you use a powder that tastes like fruit - what powder is that so I can check it out. My issue is all protein powders I've tried (which I have tried a LOT), without mixing with fruit I gag on it, I just simply can't stand it's taste.

This is truly just my opinion but you seem to be eating often and it might be more calories than you realize. The band is about satiety. It's common to go about four hours between meals.

You did a great job of detailing everything but didn't mention calories. Losing weight requires fewer calories consumed than burned.

It's called greens! It doesn't add but 15 cals to ur shake and has no sugars and less than 5 carbs you can't even put a peach in the blender and get less than a scoop. I have tried so many Protein powders as well my fave is GNC lean shakes 26 grams of protein smells great and are delicious. I can drink those plan. !!

Looks like you're consuming more than 2000 calories a day? Hard to shed fat with those numbers? Btw-yams oj cups of fruit are all simple Caribs!

Any ideas on how to get out of this stupid plateau?

I've been stuck at the same weight for the last 1.5 months - though I know muscle weighs more than fat, I would still think I would have seen weight change.

I'm watching my Protein, my carbs, my fats and their all healthy carbs and fats and lean Protein

I work out 13-14 hours a week (yes, I'm a bit of a gym rat...)

so I don't really know what else I can do, since adding more cardio is not an option because I work out PLENTY

any help/ideas would be wonderful. I was hoping to get to 100lb weight loss by my 1 year, but that isn't going to happen seeing how I'm only 5 days from that.

Just some suggestions:

A quick check using the information (age, Height, weight) from your profile and inputting "very active" on this BMR calculator would seem to indicate your's is around 2550. http://www.mayoclini...culator/NU00598

It would look as though someone (maybe your trainer?) has suggested you consume protein every 2 waking hours? I'd suggest asking your weight loss surgeon/nut to verify this should be your goal. I'm a bit leary of someone saying I have to eat every two hours to keep my metabolism going...Just my opinion.

You indicate you are having 5 protein shakes/smoothies per day, plus 3 meals. If your shakes/smoothies are 250 calories each, plus three meals at 4-500 each, you're at or over your daily BMR....

I know you state youre very active as a gym rat....how many calories per day are you burning at the gym/exercising?

I don't count input calories anymore, but did for 6 months and it was interesting. I found exactly what I've always heard. 3500 calories is a pound. Either way.

I'm guessing here, but maybe eliminating a couple shakes/smoothies a day would help.

Congrats on your loss! And for the high level of exercise...IT WILL PAY OFF. :)

i just wanted to say one thing on this thread

(aside from great job on exercising, eating and nearly 100 POUNDS lost..that is amazing..well done)

Does muscle really weigh more than fat?

Muscle does not weigh more than fat, any more than lead weighs more than feathers.

A pound is a pound is a pound. (www.lifestrong.com)

This is truly just my opinion but you seem to be eating often and it might be more calories than you realize. The band is about satiety. It's common to go about four hours between meals.

You did a great job of detailing everything but didn't mention calories. Losing weight requires fewer calories consumed than burned.

Thanks, however, I know calorie wise that isn't it - I eat about 1500-1600 calories daily (which is what my intake is about)

I know the band is about satiety, but like I said, I'm also not in the green zone so will not have the same satiety feeling as those that are in the green zone. For me, I eat less food but because of my metabolism and because of how much I work out I do eat every 2-3 hours. I actually chatted with my lap band doc about that and they agreed everything was okay on that end last time I was in.

I personally have no interest in getting to the green zone and restricting more because of how much I work out as well as up until this plateau being in the yellow zone has worked perfect for me - I still don't eat as much as a person that didn't have WLS but I eat more than a person with WLS in the green zone too.

Though it is a lot of food, it is low calorie count, I don't know the exact amount but the days I was counting it (and nothing has changed with the above types of food) it was always between 1500-1600 and somedays it was even less than that.

Just some suggestions:

A quick check using the information (age, Height, weight) from your profile and inputting "very active" on this BMR calculator would seem to indicate your's is around 2550. http://www.mayoclini...culator/NU00598

It would look as though someone (maybe your trainer?) has suggested you consume Protein every 2 waking hours? I'd suggest asking your weight loss surgeon/nut to verify this should be your goal. I'm a bit leary of someone saying I have to eat every two hours to keep my metabolism going...Just my opinion.

You indicate you are having 5 Protein shakes/smoothies per day, plus 3 meals. If your shakes/smoothies are 250 calories each, plus three meals at 4-500 each, you're at or over your daily BMR....

I know you state youre very active as a gym rat....how many calories per day are you burning at the gym/exercising?

I don't count input calories anymore, but did for 6 months and it was interesting. I found exactly what I've always heard. 3500 calories is a pound. Either way.

I'm guessing here, but maybe eliminating a couple shakes/smoothies a day would help.

Congrats on your loss! And for the high level of exercise...IT WILL PAY OFF. :)

Though my trainer (and any trainer for that matter) encourages every 2-3 hours eating regimen, that's not why I do every 2-3 hours. My stomach actually is growing and grumbling every 2-3 hours to the point of the hunger pains that people will get if they don't eat when they are hungry. This is why I eat every 2-3 hours.

As far as calories, it's been a while since I've done my calorie count at the gym, but when I was concentrating hard on it I was burning the following:

Monday's - 1700 calories (3 hours at gym in a MMA class)

Tuesday's- 1200-1300 calories (2 hours at gym with trainer and cardio)

Wednesday - 2300 calories (4 hours at gym 3 hours in a MMA class as well as an hour with trainer)

THursday- 1200-1300 calories (2 hours at gym with trainer and cardio)

Friday - 600-700 calories (1 hour cardio)

Saturday - 1700 calories (3 hours at gym in a MMA class)

So I burn about 8700 calories a week (not including my deficit of calories. which is about 1500-1600 (there are days that I get to about 2000 but that's not eating lean - my Protein drinks even with the high caloric end are about 300 - and my Protein Bars are low- 150 calories