Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I did not need WLS...

Just speaking for myself that would be 1 less Christmas card to send. I choose my friends and I'm afraid that 1 less wouldn't kill me. Especially if they make me feel bad about myself and my decision. There's my 2cents worth. Lol.

I think clarity and true inner beauty are threatening to some. You are both of those things -- clear and beautiful, inside and out. I love how you did not use food to tamp down old feelings of unworthiness or anything else -- you took care of yourself. Sending best wishes your way!

You, me and most of us have done what we needed to to continue our life. I was a walking dead man, I still am, but that is another issue. For those that don't need surgery I say great for them. I wish I was one of them. For those that need to put others down I say don't let it bother you. Easier said than done of course...... :) You are looking better every day and we can see the progress on here!

OMG...You must have been so humbled to be in the presence of such immaculate perfection?

We all have our faults and some are unintentional, physical and obvious to all to see. Some faults come from the mind and soul and are evil with hurtful intentions.

LOL..I can't help but have this mental image of you and miss perfect at the pearly gates and you're being waived in and surrounded by old friends and loved ones. While miss perfect is looking at St Peter who has a smirk on his face and his hand on the trapdoor switch. Buh Bye!!

wow...reading your alls comments humbled me...i have tears writing this...

i have no words..i did not expect (comments) but boy i sure do appreciate them..

it means alot to me..thank you now and always..

OMG...You must have been so humbled to be in the presence of such immaculate perfection?

We all have our faults and some are unintentional, physical and obvious to all to see. Some faults come from the mind and soul and are evil with hurtful intentions.

LOL..I can't help but have this mental image of you and miss perfect at the pearly gates and you're being waived in and surrounded by old friends and loved ones. While miss perfect is looking at St Peter who has a smirk on his face and his hand on the trapdoor switch. Buh Bye!!

TMF - you crack me up! :D

Wow CG I am always amazed at how some people have the balls to sit in judgment. I just want to puke all over them, take a picture, put it on their Facebook then sit back and watch everyone cheer! That pedestal this person has put herself on has a crack and she will fall through it one day. Take good care!

Awww.....CG, to me you are perfect!

oh..this was very nice to say to me :wub:

so i thought about this most of yesterday and last night and into this morning..

i dont know why this person said this (maybe they were just thinking out loud)..but what i do know is, that whether a person has WLS or not, we are all in the same boat...situation...nutshell..

the goal is to lose weight and get healthy...i do not care one freeking bit care if i get skinny or not...i will never be skinny....but i will be healthy...i already am well on my way in that area..

let me also say, i do not flaunt that i had WLS nor do i go around saying nananabooboo i have lost nearly 150 pounds and you havent...what matters to me is that i did not respond to that person with words...i will however respond with me continuing on my journey.....and getting there with my WLS helping me all the way..

yeah, i am down with that..

Carolina girl: you & Missy have been my inspiration through my journey! You two have encouraged me to do better and that if you two can do it - I can too! It hurts my feelings and breaks my heart that someone said that to you! People that haven't been overweight just don't understand - I do! You are my inspiration and are probably other newly banded members as well! Thanks for blogging and the comments that you make on this site!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using LapBandTalk

Oh... my beautiful CG.... you are such an inspiration too so many... myself included.

I remember the first time someone said that to me... OMG it hurt so bad....Of course i left and went sit at my desk and cried... Then i sat an pondered... my response for the next person that said that too me. So now i just catch them off guard and say.... O really, and why is that? And when they say, I didn't need a surg to do all the work for me.... I say... good for you... neither did I. Then i say... the band doesn't stop you from eating and it doesn't drag my ass to the gym.... I do all that. My band is no more to me than a person that Does WW, Jenny Craig, Nutra-system... etc. With out counting the points, buying the "food" or taking diet pills.... Nothing works... Dahhhh. Only things that do are eating right and exercising....

Fast forward to a few years later...in the grocery store.... Me, looking fabulous... lol... Happens to run into that person.. I am now a size 6-8...... She is now a much larger size (i won't say the size to not offend). But it is double digits.... She says wow Chris you look great, you have lost so much weight, that LB really worked for you.... I said, well thank you Cindy, yes the LB has been a great tool, but i have worked my ass off in the gym 5 days a week. But thanks for noticing. (me doing the eye scan... up and down looking at her and say)... But what happen too you..... You use to be so skinny. How much have you gained..? She just looked at me .... I then looked at her and said.... You know, i go to the YMCA M-F... Maybe you should start joining me. She looked at me and said... we'll see.... I said.... you have a great day now... Smiled and sashayed off.

Karma.... creaked up on her and bit her right in the A$$.....

People don't usually realize how what they are saying actually sounds. If I know that heart of the person, I just let it slide, if I feel they are just being an a*****e, I will usually respond with "Well, we can't all be as special and perfect as you" :D

I've had little hints of this from one of my sisters. Not in a negative way, but when I tell her how many pounds down I am, she says "I want surgery". But she says it in a way that the surgery does all the work. I continually tell her that I do ALL the work, and the band in no way is a free ride.....just a tool to control hunger.

My BFF, who has been 100% supportive (never had a weight issue), asked if I will have the surgery reversed once I'm at goal (band removed, plication undone). I tell her, no, unless there are complications, this surgery is for life. I think that people who never struggled with obesity, have zero clue about the addiction. The addiction that never really goes away. What I have a VERY hard time understanding, is the negative comments coming from the obese who struggle daily. I have to believe that those comments come from fear and jealousy. Also, a complete lack of understanding of what the surgery does, and how it works. For me, I'm at a place in my life where I don't give a rat's ass what anyone thinks. I don't discuss it openly, because I don't have the energy to educate every person who drops a negative comment. I'm happy with myself, and that's what I carry with me on a daily basis.

Miss Carolina Girl! Don't ever doubt you are anything but incredible...you were one of the first to welcome me on this site and make me feel like I belong and no matter WHAT I could DO THIS. I sit back and watch your progress, your inner strength and your grace with awe.

I think it speaks volumes that your response is to continue your journey without another thought of said "friend."

PS...Tats, hells angels AND WLS...you are one bada$$ lady. :P