Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Clavicular Augmentation (smirk) (Cosmetic Surgery topic)

OK ladies...this one is for you

So you may consider cosmetic surgery after losing weight at some point and breast augmentation tops the list typically.

I am postop day 12 and had a Tummy Tuck, arm lift, breast lift and augmentation. Everything is going swell. However, I just can't get over these implants.

I had SOME awareness that implants (especially very large ones) rest high on the chest and slowly drop underneath the muscle into their proper and intended positions over time. What I did not realize is that it would take months for this to happen and can take up to a year for them to reach their final destination and look. Naturally, the larger the implant, the tightness/build of your pec muscles and whether this is your first BA effects the rate of drop and fluff. However, I feel like I have a set of torpedos opposed to breasts and it has thrown me off guard.

Day one my implants were literally at clavicular level and very square shaped. Day 12 I'd say they have dropped to rib 2 and have a slightly more rounded top. From the front they appear ok but the side is just too much ahhhaha.

Once my 'friends' get to normal position, I will send pics to show the HUGE shift from day 1 to month 1 or even 2 to give you a better idea. I just wanted to give any ladies getting ba's a heads up. We focus so much on the preop phase and anxiety of the surgery itself we fail to brace ourselves for the postop phase (nix recovery).

I've not had cosmetic surgery done, but I've known a few women who have gotten breast implants and I plan on getting my mid section and breast done after I'm done losing weight. From what I've seen of them and from what they've told me, it is a pretty big shock post op. Especially if you've had a smaller chest and got some pretty big implants. If does take a while for them to settle, but they WILL settle. I remember hugging them a few months afterward and it felt like two rocks were poking my chest. I was like, man if thats what they feel like, count me out! But then after about a year, they were lower and felt more "normal". I dont need bigger breasts, I need fhem put back to where they should be and filled out more, but I want smaller breasts. I've had C's since I was 12 and I wasn't a big girl. Now i have trip E's (down from F's pre band) So I will have to do some major research and look at a lot of pictures and talk to a few surgeon's before I decide on what I would like my eventual chest to look like.

Right now I tried on some bras for fun and came up with 32-34 DD's as a minimum. But this is premature because I'll have to wait for them to drop to get a real idea of what size suits me best. As long as these guys drop another few inches (which I know they will lol) I am happy with the results. I was actually uncomfortable with the small chest I had post band (maybe b's??) as I was always a bigger chested girl and that is my comfort zone. It's the round projection that is just so 'off'. And again patience is not my virtue lol. But everyone says around 3 months is when you get to your 'norm'.. so I have yet another countdown to start (Smiles)

I have only been banded 6 mos. but I know I want a Tummy Tuck. I've heard some people say that their insurance covers it. I'm going to start researching tomorrow to see if mine will possibly be covered. I'm hoping that my breasts don't decrease a lot. Like you, I'm used to being larger chested. I've lost almost 60 lbs and they've already gone from a 42 DD to a 38 E!?!?

I'm thrilled w/ the TT and it's not even at 100%

Such a relief having no more extra skin to disguise

I went from a DD to B. Although I'm not sure I'd to BA if I settled in at a size E hahah :)

OK ladies...this one is for you

So you may consider cosmetic surgery after losing weight at some point and breast augmentation tops the list typically.

I am postop day 12 and had a Tummy Tuck, arm lift, breast lift and augmentation. Everything is going swell. However, I just can't get over these implants.

I had SOME awareness that implants (especially very large ones) rest high on the chest and slowly drop underneath the muscle into their proper and intended positions over time. What I did not realize is that it would take months for this to happen and can take up to a year for them to reach their final destination and look. Naturally, the larger the implant, the tightness/build of your pec muscles and whether this is your first BA effects the rate of drop and fluff. However, I feel like I have a set of torpedos opposed to breasts and it has thrown me off guard.

Day one my implants were literally at clavicular level and very square shaped. Day 12 I'd say they have dropped to rib 2 and have a slightly more rounded top. From the front they appear ok but the side is just too much ahhhaha.

Once my 'friends' get to normal position, I will send pics to show the HUGE shift from day 1 to month 1 or even 2 to give you a better idea. I just wanted to give any ladies getting ba's a heads up. We focus so much on the preop phase and anxiety of the surgery itself we fail to brace ourselves for the postop phase (nix recovery).

I would gladly accept pics and give you my 'professional' opinion :P

Sorry! Couldn't help myself lol

I would gladly accept pics and give you my 'professional' opinion :P

Sorry! Couldn't help myself lol

How much do you charge for a consultation? BWAHAHAHHAHAH

smarta** lol

Don't worry, pics will come. Now I just need to master photoshop and learn how to apply stars and such to hide the goodies... perhaps you can help me there? (eyeroll) ahhah

Hazel, how are you feeling pain wise? And did you have any skin fold rashes before the surgery, are those going away? I don't have a major overhang, but I do have overhang, I want to lose another 30 before I ever look into surgery, but the pain scares me.

These E's aren't small by any means, LOL! I want fullness and lift though. I need to start saving now. When I went to my surgeon's office last Tues., the nurse was showing me their newest implants. They are not cheap!!! Geez...

Are you already at your goal weight hazelsbliss?

They stop feeling like bolt on boobs after a while, I promise! They do soften and feel far more natural after just a month, and in 3 months they'll feel like part of you. Mine feel completely like me now, and I sometimes forget that I wasn't born with this freakin' awesome rack :P

Hazel, how are you feeling pain wise? And did you have any skin fold rashes before the surgery, are those going away? I don't have a major overhang, but I do have overhang, I want to lose another 30 before I ever look into surgery, but the pain scares me.

Amazingly the pain was not as bad as I anticipated. The BA is the least of my issues. I would say the first few days I took pain meds around the clock. But by day 3-4 I started weaning myself, so maybe meds 3x a day (most definitely before bed). On occassion, I would wakeup just very aware of my incisions so I would take a small dose to get me back to sleep. But starting week 2 I was only taking pain meds before bed. And last night was the first night (day 13) that I went to bed without meds. I think I might still need 1 or 2 more days of meds. However, the incision that is requiring the nightly meds are my arms, not tummy nor breasts. I think when you lay on your side you just put enough pressure on the arm incisions it causes swelling/pain thus the discomfort. I can get by on the tummy incision (that reminds me of my previous c/sections) and the breasts have more of an ache than a pain (because they are actively dropping)-nothing pain med worthy.

Good luck (and I know, it is pricey!!!)

These E's aren't small by any means, LOL! I want fullness and lift though. I need to start saving now. When I went to my surgeon's office last Tues., the nurse was showing me their newest implants. They are not cheap!!! Geez...

Are you already at your goal weight hazelsbliss?

Woops that price comment was for you. It was pricey, and no insurance didn't cover any of mine, but so necessary and worth it. Good luck :)

I forgot to answer your overhang q- are you talking about back rolls? I had a very tiny pinch as I am at (or darn near) goal weight. With all the cosm. surgery nothing overhangs in an obvious manner anymore anywhere. I need all the swelling to go down and the implants to drop to get a final idea of where I am at weight wise. But right now I feel perfectly comfortable at my current weight of 148

They stop feeling like bolt on boobs after a while, I promise! They do soften and feel far more natural after just a month, and in 3 months they'll feel like part of you. Mine feel completely like me now, and I sometimes forget that I wasn't born with this freakin' awesome rack :P

Girl I have missed talking to you. It's funny you should say that, because even though in my head I know I had all this surgery, I could easily see myself answering the Q "Have you had BA" and be like "No, these are natural". It's def a mental adjustment lol

I have only been banded 6 mos. but I know I want a Tummy Tuck. I've heard some people say that their insurance covers it. I'm going to start researching tomorrow to see if mine will possibly be covered. I'm hoping that my breasts don't decrease a lot. Like you' date=' I'm used to being larger chested. I've lost almost 60 lbs and they've already gone from a 42 DD to a 38 E!?!?[/quote']

Usually, for insurance to cover your tummy, you have to have a major over hang (pannus) that comes past your pubis. Or have skin rashes in the folds of the pannus. This usually requires clinical documentation for the rashes by your physician. You cant just show up for an appointment with your physician one day and be like, hey got extra skin here and some rash, can I get a tt now? No...usually documented for months. Now I say usually, and its not easy to get them to cover it. But definitely look into it. It never hurts to try!!