Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm getting banded on October 29th.

I am starting to get anxious and question my decision.

Did anyone else feel the same?

Good luck with your new journey. I was a little nervous as I was getting wheeled into the operating room. My surgery was for around 2pm and the sleeve surgery before me had problems so my surgery was now 7pm. I said to the doctor I don't know if I want this and he said whatever you want. Boy! I am so happy I went through with it. The best thing I did for me and my health!!

Buying clothes that don't say 'plus' is fun. Fitting into a restaurant booth. Getting off all my previous meds.

It is totally up to you.

Good luck with whatever you decide. We are all here to try and help.

Arlene

It is very normal to question your decision and I imagine that everyone on here could say they all felt the same way. I promise you though that the worst part about the surgery and having the band are the things you conjure up in your head. What I imagined surgery to be like was far worse than it actually was. Stay connected here and everyone will help see you through pre and post op. Just remember that however you are feeling or whatever you are thinking you are not alone

Mine is scheduled for Wednesday... and I'm so conflicted, especially when you go into the doc's office and there are people who it hasn't worked for... but I'm ready! I've tried every diet and this yo-you stuff sucks! The bottom line is we have to change our eating habits long term. I'm miserable with this weight I'm carrying... so regardless I'm moving forward. Stay positive and relinquish to doing things right and I bet we'll be A-OK!

Mine is scheduled for Wednesday... and I'm so conflicted' date=' especially when you go into the doc's office and there are people who it hasn't worked for... but I'm ready! I've tried every diet and this yo-you stuff sucks! The bottom line is we have to change our eating habits long term. I'm miserable with this weight I'm carrying... so regardless I'm moving forward. Stay positive and relinquish to doing things right and I bet we'll be A-OK![/quote']

Thank you.

Thank you guys!

I really have to do this. As the day approaches I get anxious.

Of course it's more the going under the anesthesia part.

But every morning when I take almost 8 pills with Breakfast I am reminded why I have to do this.

Thank you for the support. It means the world to share this experience with people who have been there. And who are going through the same process as I am.

God bless you all!

I will be looking forward to letting you all know how great I'm doing!

I'm getting banded on October 29th.

I am starting to get anxious and question my decision.

Did anyone else feel the same?

i get banded on the 25th, and yes i have gone back and forth! A LOT!!! I keep telling myself to just do it!! it will all be worth it in the end.

I catch myself thinking, "oh maybe I can lose the weight without a band." But then I realize I have been trying for twenty years to do just that and I have not been successful. For me, I think this is the missing link. A tool to help me do what my body wants to do anyway -- shed the weight and get healthy. In order for me to sustain a low calorie regime long enough to lose this much weight, I need something to dim my appetite. It's a way for me to learn to listen to my body again. I still plan to enjoy my food but a very small amount is going to do it for me.

Today I met a nurse at the hospital who was helping me with another procedure (colonoscopy) and I told her I would be coming back soon for a lapband. She told me she has a band and then she looked sort of sheepish. She said it's been hard for her, that she hasn't lost all the weight she expected. BUT she has lost 60 pounds in the year she's had the band and has not gained any of it back. I wish I had lost 60 last year. Her disappointment is what I hear from others on this forum from time to time -- that they have slipped back into old eating habits, things like ice cream or chips, sodas. For me, I just don't get that. I feel like doing something as drastic as having a surgery to get a band is such a serious undertaking. I will not be compromising my band to satisfy momentary addictions and then feeling disappointed and unhappy afterwards. What would be the point? The idea for me is to have a whole new grasp on my health -- to be exercising and doing everything I can to take care of my body. Eating clean, sleeping well and getting back in touch with my body. It's missed me, but I'm showing up now. I can't wait.

Hey Millyed,please do not get anxious about the surgery.Everything is going to be absolutely fine.Many of us have gone through the proceedure and are now living quite a normal life.It does take a little time to settle but then you will not regret your decision.Be of positive frame of mind and all will turn out great.Good luck.