Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Share Your NSVs Here Please!

NSV. Walked into a restaurant bathroom last night and was faced with the big handicap stall and the "small" stall. Almost went to the big one when I realized I now have room to move around in the smaller one. It's awesome feeling "normal."

That's awesome. Out of years of habit I still go into the handicap one but it's nice to not have to. Especially when it is occupied. :)

About using HP stalls. I still use them because the toilets are higher and my back and knees are very bad. Nothing to do with weight. Losing weight has helped the knees but I was told around age 40, I would need 2 knee replacements. 64 on Saturday and I have no plans on having that surgery. Rather live with pain, which isn't too bad. I had fallen and really screwed up my knees, A restaurant's side walk had a hole, the light bulb was out and it was dark out. I was wearing flats at the time, too. After many years of PT etc. I ended up with less than $5k.

The back, the discs are shattered with arthritis and the lower discs have no cushion left between the bones. Weight loss, I think has helped a little. That I guess is a NSV.

Raining hard in Boston today, yesterday and maybe tomorrow. This weekend is Yom Kipper, Happy New Year to everyone who celebrates.

Arlene

About using HP stalls. I still use them because the toilets are higher and my back and knees are very bad. Nothing to do with weight. Losing weight has helped the knees but I was told around age 40, I would need 2 knee replacements. 64 on Saturday and I have no plans on having that surgery. Rather live with pain, which isn't too bad. I had fallen and really screwed up my knees, A restaurant's side walk had a hole, the light bulb was out and it was dark out. I was wearing flats at the time, too. After many years of PT etc. I ended up with less than $5k.

The back, the discs are shattered with arthritis and the lower discs have no cushion left between the bones. Weight loss, I think has helped a little. That I guess is a NSV.

Raining hard in Boston today, yesterday and maybe tomorrow. This weekend is Yom Kipper, Happy New Year to everyone who celebrates.

Arlene

Have an easy fast Arlene and a good holiday.

Liz

Just wanted to share a new NSV from this morning. I've been using short handled pocketbooks lately because I don't need to keep a hand free since I don't use the cane anymore. But I still have plenty of shoulder bags so I switched my stuff out last night for a bag I haven't worn in several months.

I put it over my shoulder across my body this morning and the darn thing dangled low at my hip. Huh? Oh yeah...the strap doesn't have to go across the same expanse it used to. LOL. I made the strap as short as possible and now it's back at the waist where it belongs.

These unexpected NSVs are so much fun!

Funny how many things were sized to us and need resizing! Great NSV.

Edited by JustWatchMe

I hid my scale this week to concentrate on some NSV's. It is time to give up some tops, the neckline drops below my bra at not the best of times☺️

Walked into a shop this week, picked a jersey up and the sales lady said "we are out of stock on small sizes" she was speaking to ME!!!!!

Hugging people tighter because my stomach is not in the way any more. : )

Crossing my legs in a meeting.

Just had a NSV today. Only 4 weeks post op. Went to Dress Barn and automatically went to the plus side of the store. The sales lady came over to me and said that I am on the wrong side of the store, the misses sizes are on the other side of the store. I just about cried. I had never even thought to try on misses sizes. It's been 25 years, at least, since I've been able to wear a misses size. On cloud 9 today

Counting on NSV's this month as I am not having any scale ones. I am noticing people looking at me wondering what the change is. Even asked by an old boyfriend why I look younger every time he sees me. Haha

So many nsv im amaze at the physical person I have become . Able to hug my knees in pedicure chair n put my feet n my a$$ in the chair wth is that shocked when I did that. Lol my trainer looked at me last night and said ur getting so dam skinny wth I was like me ? Lol

Just had a NSV today. Only 4 weeks post op. Went to Dress Barn and automatically went to the plus side of the store. The sales lady came over to me and said that I am on the wrong side of the store, the misses sizes are on the other side of the store. I just about cried. I had never even thought to try on misses sizes. It's been 25 years, at least, since I've been able to wear a misses size. On cloud 9 today

I don't think I'll ever get tired of reading posts like this. So very happy for you Pat!

I love all of the "little details " that can mean so much to each individual. I still have a ways to go ,but am feeling so much better overall. I'm thankful for my health and being able to chase after my 2year old. I went out for my sister's bday last night and was told by her friend that I looked "timeless....just like you did in high school!!!! " I also wore a fitted size 16 that still had some room in it!! I am thankful to be able to share these little things with people who actually "get" what it is like to go through these little obstacles that overtime we accept as being normal. I sat down with my husband in that fitted dress and didn't feel the need to get a pillow and cover my stomach! Big plus right there buddy!! Ready for my next NSV!!