Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Share Your NSVs Here Please!

A friend was running a 1/2 marathon today. I took her daughter and found a spot along the course, on a nasty mean hill and cheered her own. We stood for over an hour cheering on many, many other runners before she came along. We jumped in the car and headed to the finish area. We had to walk nearly a mile from where we parked to where we met up with the runner...and then back again. And I DID it without even thinking about it...and even walked around the mall later in the day. Yep...this band is a keeper :)

Living in New Orleans is living from one festival to another..... This weekend was the French Quarter Festival. Seven music stages set up throughout the Quarter with bands performing on all seven stages throughout the weekend. FIFTY food booths featuring food from local restaurants. Went twice this weekend. Enjoyed the music, the gorgeous weather, and all the walking. Only ate proteins.... Grilled chicken livers in pepper sauce and boiled crawfish. Passed on all of my usual pre-surgery booths. A true triumph for both me and my husband!

I was searching for a pair of capris to wear in my closet. I stumbled upon an old pair of dress pants which were my old size. I held them up, and realized I'm not that huge anymore. Granted I have a ways to go, but seeing these pants kinda made me feel almost skinny! It honestly was an overwhelming good feeling!

Just looking at this pic fro the other pics I have seen through journey's since we started or I started in 2012 I can tell you have lost quite a bit and you look Real G :) :) d .

I got a pixie cut last night. My hair hasn't been this short since I was seven years old. I love it! It looks so good and the only reason I can wear such short hair is because my face is thin and my head is in proportion to my body. I can't wait to show it off to my family/friends. So far, only the doorman and porter in my building have seen it and they both think it looks wonderful. I also know that I pay their salaries so I'm not sure how honest they are being..LOL.

Here's a picture of me and my new cut.

attachicon.gifIMG_20140412_202727.JPG

post-144102-0-52284500-1397818299_thumb.jpg

Biker jacket in bright red and tight leggings, this is awesome for me.

attachicon.gif:

Biker jacket in bright red and tight leggings, this is awesome for me.

So cute in that!

Does anyone forget? What I mean is, forget you are able to use a regular stall in the restroom instead of using the handicapped for the space. Forget you're a smaller size when shopping. Forget you can do things like out your pants on without sitting down.

For me, every now and then I forget. It gives me such great joy every time when I realize I can do these things or more because of The Band. It gives me strength to keep going, when little things like that somehow show up in my day.

Old habits die hard I guess. Trying to make the new ones, one day at a time.

:)

Yes, takes time for the brain to catch up with the body

Yes, takes time for the brain to catch up with the body

Yes. You're correct. :)

Got too far beyond in laundry and literally ran out of underwear today. Lo and behold, I found some smaller, prettier delicates in the dresser that I have not worn for several years. They fit! Yahoo! (Yes, I am doing laundry tonight.)

Went from a size 20-22 in pants and a 3x shirt to a 5/6 in pants and a m/l in tops.

Going swimsuit shopping and not needing to buy a tent to get everything covered;)

Going to the dr and having my blood pressure be normal and not stroke range at 34, no more fatty liver, no more high chol.

Self confidence is back

IMG 20130926 113425

IMG 20140309 005742

I am going t and post a before during and still going pic here , I will post later when I am feeling smaller as these plateaus kill me , but I won't give up and I will continue .

The first one is before, second during and third still going, the last one was taken in Feburary, 2014.

Skinni(er) jeans!

They're not skinny jeans, but I got a little bit skinnier, and these jeans I haven't worn for years fit today -- loosely! I'm also pulling blouses and tops from the back of my closet that fit again. I almost got rid of them about a year ago when I was depressed and needed closet space for bigger clothes. Thankfully, I never mustered the energy to go through the closet back then. I won't make the same mistake with my too-big clothes. Those are going to be donated pronto!

post-208484-0-58562000-1398518320_thumb.jpg

Edited by JustWatchMe

I am heading home from two fantabulous days at Busch Gardens Williamsburg. I walked for two days without getting short of breath. I rode whatever ride I wanted without having to worry about whether I would fit. And I made smart food choices. I feel more and more like me again :)