Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Share Your NSVs Here Please!

The massage table feels a whole lot wider now!

Also....big news flash...last night I took a bath. I gave up on getting into the tub in 2007, when it just became too much of a risk that once in, I would not be able to get back out.

Six years of showering, people! And last night, I just looked at the tub and said "I think it is time." So I filled that bath up and just soaked and smiled.

My girls walked in (we have no privacy in the house, dammit!) and said "Mom! I've never seen you in the bath!" (They could not possibly know why I never took baths; probably thought it was a time thing.) I'm all get out ladies....this is MY time!

The massage table feels a whole lot wider now!

Also....big news flash...last night I took a bath. I gave up on getting into the tub in 2007, when it just became too much of a risk that once in, I would not be able to get back out.

Six years of showering, people! And last night, I just looked at the tub and said "I think it is time." So I filled that bath up and just soaked and smiled.

My girls walked in (we have no privacy in the house, dammit!) and said "Mom! I've never seen you in the bath!" (They could not possibly know why I never took baths; probably thought it was a time thing.) I'm all get out ladies....this is MY time!

animated-bubble-bath-i17.gif

OMG the list could go on and on for most of us I am sure:

- Right now wearing a XL shirt with horizontal stripes and feeling good

- Seeing my collar bones, which made me feel good cutting all my hair off short.

- Down three sizes in jeans

- Crossing my legs

- Running in softball and not always getting out cause I am so slow

- Not getting out of breath doing the stairs

- Buying clothes from regular stores, not plus size

- Not afraid to leave food on a plate

- Fitting in between equipment at work and being able to tie my isolation gown in the front (almost): I am a nurse

The list goes on and on.... I Love my band and although we have rough days I wouldn't change a thing! :)

Hope everyone has a wonderful day, and remember even the small things mean so much to us.... and not always the number on the scale!

Just realized this one today!!! I haven't laid down to zip my jeans, in forever. Even after washing them. After I do laundry, I keep expecting them not to fit, and it continues to amaze me, the do!!! :) Yay

Wow these are all great!! Keep them coming...

OMG the list could go on and on for most of us I am sure:

- Right now wearing a XL shirt with horizontal stripes and feeling good

- Seeing my collar bones, which made me feel good cutting all my hair off short.

- Down three sizes in jeans

- Crossing my legs

- Running in softball and not always getting out cause I am so slow

- Not getting out of breath doing the stairs

- Buying clothes from regular stores, not plus size

- Not afraid to leave food on a plate

- Fitting in between equipment at work and being able to tie my isolation gown in the front (almost): I am a nurse

The list goes on and on.... I Love my band and although we have rough days I wouldn't change a thing! :)

Hope everyone has a wonderful day, and remember even the small things mean so much to us.... and not always the number on the scale!

Crazy you mention seeing your collarbone. That's a good one. I have found myself poking and prodding my bony self as of late. It has been a long time since I have felt my own rib cage and my shoulders are quite bony. My Wife is not thrilled with the boniness as it affects her cuddling. LOL

Wow these are all great!! Keep them coming...

Crazy you mention seeing your collarbone. That's a good one. I have found myself poking and prodding my bony self as of late. It has been a long time since I have felt my own rib cage and my shoulders are quite bony. My Wife is not thrilled with the boniness as it affects her cuddling. LOL

The collarbone thing is a biggy! So are the ribs!!

I am actually in love with my collar bone, in fact my daughter has even commented that I should wear shirts that show off my shoulder and collar bone more often because it looks really good.

The rib thing is kinda funny. Between your ribs, in the center of your rib cage, there is a connective area called the xiphoid process. I actually went to my doctor in a panic because I had this "big weird bump" on my chest in the middle of my rib cage. He actually laughed at me and goes "ummm, that's you, not a tumor. I'm guessing you've just never been small enough to feel or see it before"

So...yeah..I freaked out over my own rib cage ;)

notatumor_zpseecbb652.jpg

There are so many to list, and so many that have been listed that I can relate to. For me today, my NSV is being genuinely happy to read all these posts and be able to relate to them and all of you!

:lol:

A little ones but important to me:

1) I am able to go downstairs step by step alternating my legs and feet, no one step at a time like I use to do because my knee was starting to hurt.

2) The malicious/naughty look of my husband while telling me "wow, you are loosing weight for real".

I'm so happy !

Just realized this one today!!! I haven't laid down to zip my jeans' date=' in forever. Even after washing them. After I do laundry, I keep expecting them not to fit, and it continues to amaze me, the do!!! :) Yay[/quote']

Love those nsv. Me too! It's great to wear jeans out of the dryer. And I laughed cause its been a long while since i had to lie down to zip

Another NSV is doing all my running around and finishing, not like before I had to quit because I was tired. Today, after work I came home cut the grass, made dinner, dishes, and even made homemade Gluten Free Brownies for my son who has Celiac...!!!! And now I'm going to playing his favorite card game!!! Yeah, this would have taken me a week ack in the day!! :D

As a another day passes, and another pound lost, I feel happier, confident, and stronger. Being able to look at individuals who I used to fear, now I don't waste my time over them. :)

I used to be upset, now I feel so much better. As if a fog has been lifted. Who knows, maybe that has to do with eating healthier. They do say bad foods are addicting. But all I know, I feel good. And I want to continue feeling this way.

Oh wow!

Cleaning up and not having to sit down a million times

My man wrapping his arms all the way around me

Goin up a flight of stairs and not being winded

Sliding on a pair of jeans and tracking they are too big in the waist

Getting compliments from coworkers

Having fun shopping again

Crossing my legs

Feeling comfortable at business mtgs

Revamping my entire style

OMG the list could go on and on for most of us I am sure: - Right now wearing a XL shirt with horizontal stripes and feeling good - Seeing my collar bones' date=' which made me feel good cutting all my hair off short. - Down three sizes in jeans - Crossing my legs - Running in softball and not always getting out cause I am so slow - Not getting out of breath doing the stairs - Buying clothes from regular stores, not plus size - Not afraid to leave food on a plate - Fitting in between equipment at work and being able to tie my isolation gown in the front (almost): I am a nurse The list goes on and on.... I Love my band and although we have rough days I wouldn't change a thing! :) Hope everyone has a wonderful day, and remember even the small things mean so much to us.... and not always the number on the scale![/quote']

I love the collar bone showing ! Lol.. Mee too

Just realized this one today!!! I haven't laid down to zip my jeans' date=' in forever. Even after washing them. After I do laundry, I keep expecting them not to fit, and it continues to amaze me, the do!!! :) Yay[/quote']

I thought I was the only one !