Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help!!!! Weekend advice needed

Hello! I was banded on May 24th and I've lost 25 so far but recently I gained a few pounds back. I have a career that keeps me quite busy during the week but as soon as the weekend comes, all goes to the wind. Since I have two little ones at home, I find myself getting into their Snacks or eating whatever I prepare for them. I'm frustrated right now and I'm praying this 3rd fill I had done today gives me some type of restriction because I haven't had any since my surgery. Any suggestions or advice?

Band is on your stomach not your head. Have healthy Snacks prepared for you. You can prep more than one of their snack at a time as not to put you in that position too often.

Remember why you did this.

Pix on the fridge

Some people have been making jars with marbles , stones or anything in them.

One with how much you lost and one with how much more to go and as you loose move the stones from one jar to the other.

Basically I am saying have something visual to be your cue not to eat instead of having the snacks a cue to eat.

Wendy

Random ideas here: Do you need something tactile to do, like arts and crafts with the kids -- maybe they could be making stuff for the holidays and that would detract from snacking being front and center. Femo is so fun with kids, and shrinky-dinks (draw on clear surface with markers, then bake), Origami, collage-making, cards, wreaths, etc. Not sure how old the kids are but maybe if you are busy with your hands? Or walks around the block prior to eating -- oven timer set to the next time you should be having a meal for yourself. Saturday morning smoothies they can help make, so you get a Protein Shake and they get fruit smoothies or something yummy for them? Arrange for some one to take them out for a couple of hours so you have quiet house to yourself for regrouping (my favorite)........

Band is on your stomach not your head. Have healthy Snacks prepared for you. You can prep more than one of their snack at a time as not to put you in that position too often.

Remember why you did this.

Pix on the fridge

Some people have been making jars with marbles , stones or anything in them.

One with how much you lost and one with how much more to go and as you loose move the stones from one jar to the other.

Basically I am saying have something visual to be your cue not to eat instead of having the snacks a cue to eat.

Wendy

Love all these ideas. Never though to do it while I was actively losing!

Thank you Bandista! I am SUPER busy with my kids...Hubby and I are about to take them to their Engineering/Space class at my husband's alma mater then other activities. My problem is that when we are running them here and there, it's easier to stop at a fast food and grab something. This weekend will be easier for me because I just had a fill and need to eat light. I'll be sure to go to Wegmans and get some healthy Snacks. Thanks for all your advice, though!

Thank you Bandista! I am SUPER busy with my kids...Hubby and I are about to take them to their Engineering/Space class at my husband's alma mater then other activities. My problem is that when we are running them here and there, it's easier to stop at a fast food and grab something. This weekend will be easier for me because I just had a fill and need to eat light. I'll be sure to go to Wegmans and get some healthy Snacks. Thanks for all your advice, though!

Fast food restaurants do not necessarily mean unhealthy eating for Bandsters. When my husband and I are on road trips, I am able to find healthy choices with salads, grilled kid's meals, or an occasional wrap which I unwrap and have the contents for my meal.

Mindful eating, and raising your awareness of everything which you put in your mouth goes a long way to helping to keep you from snacking along with your children. I only allow myself 2 Snacks a day. One is low fat cottage cheese, the other is a teaspoon of Peanut Butter.

Planning ahead for your fast paced life is the key to being able to maintain healthy eating. Anticipating you will need a snack, and having healthy choices with you are effective means to maintain compliance with prescribed eating for success.

Been there, done that, all is possible if you are aware and motivated to lose weight!