Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How do you know when your stuck?

Are you suppose to feel stuck in your lower neck, top of chest

It can feel like a lot of things- pressure, pain, discomfort, etc. It can be in your chest or throat or any variation of the two.

I know this probably isn't a helpful answer, but the first time you're stuck you know it and there's no guessing.

That makes since, good to know. Lol I wasn't sure that is what was happening, so I tried washing it down with Water, did not want to choke.

You. An feel it in the general area of your chest and throat.... Sometimes it feels like really stubborn hick-ups

Should feel like a golfball under your sternum area. And washing it down with Water usually only makes it worse. The stoma(hole between pouch and stomach) is clogged, so any other food or fluids just back up into your esophagus.

What do you do when this happens, I kinda feel like I'm choking

In the dead center of your chest it feels like theres a ball sitting there. You hesitate breathing momentarily. You try to swallow, no budge. If it's the first time it may seem like a pill that went down too dry so you think downing a bit of liquid will help NO. It's scary, the wait for the food to go down sucks, once that wait gets too long you think of other options. The only other real one is to bring back up what you can. For me if I don't end up bringing it back I know it's over when I can burp again.

To answer your question generally yes that's where you'll feel it.

I just wait till it passes. It always does in about an hour max.

The longest stuck epi I've had was 20 minutes (two nights ago). Thankfully, I'm always able to bring it back up. I hold my nose pretty tight so that the contents do NOT come through my nose. I HATE THAT!!

Ok this is what I'm feeling, so I DO NOT wash it down! Ok I will try this next time, I think I may not be taking small bites, or I'm eating to fast