Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

chat function not working last few days

Hello,

I am unsure if this has been reported but the chat room and individual chat functions have not be working properly for a few days. Seeing chats is requiring a full refresh of the browser no matter if Firefox or IE. Active notification of new chat messages are not working.

i know and it sucks

We're updating the site over the next few days and hope to have any and all issues resolved by next week.

We're updating the site over the next few days and hope to have any and all issues resolved by next week.

That's understandable. But is there a way to post a message on the front page when the site is under construction so we are not just wondering and also have a timeline when improvements will be done. Thanks :)

That's understandable. But is there a way to post a message on the front page when the site is under construction so we are not just wondering and also have a timeline when improvements will be done. Thanks :)

In the near future we most definitely will be much more proactive about letting our members know what's going on etc. It's a bit difficult to do with the system we currently have in place.

Thanks Alex. Love this place!! I share flyers with everyone at my local support meetings.

Alex.... what the heck is going on here.... All kinds of rumors about this site and i for one don't what my pictures and private messages out in Twitter land....

Please clarify what the heck is happening..... I also tried to delete some of my own pictures and it says i don't have the authority to do so..... They are my pictures... I should be able to take them down if i want too.....

Alex.... what the heck is going on here.... All kinds of rumors about this site and i for one don't what my pictures and private messages out in Twitter land....

Please clarify what the heck is happening..... I also tried to delete some of my own pictures and it says i don't have the authority to do so..... They are my pictures... I should be able to take them down if i want too.....

Huh ?! Pictures and PMs on Twitter ? Who's spreading these ridiculous rumors please ?

We're upgrading our web site and shut everything (photo gallery, blogs etc) down until the new site is launched. We hope to have it live by the end of this week. We definitely will be making some changes but nothing like you've mentioned above.

Huh ?! Pictures and PMs on Twitter ? Who's spreading these ridiculous rumors please ?

We're upgrading our web site and shut everything down (except for the forums) until the new site is launched. We hope to have it live by the end of this week.

PM's aren't, but blog and posts are being linked into Twitter.

PM's aren't, but blog and posts are being linked into Twitter.

I just tested PMs and was able to send and receive. Let me know if that's not the case for you please.

We've been streaming all forum and blog posts to our twitter feed for years. We stopped on the 4th of this month and have no plans to continue streaming them again once the new site is launched.

We're upgrading our web site and shut everything (photo gallery, blogs etc) down until the new site is launched. We hope to have it live by the end of this week. We definitely will be making some changes but nothing like you've mentioned above.

just need too know that my personal pictures and Personal conversation won't be for sale .... I apreciate your answer.

Don't forget this thread as well where they are using our pictures: http://www.lapbandtalk.com/topic/177263-our-pics-being-used-in-the-media/page__st__20#entry2061054

-PAXP-deijE.gif

Our pics being used in the media? - Page 2 - General Lap Band Support www.lapbandtalk.com

Page 2 of 2 - Our pics being used in the media? - posted in General Lap Band Support: Mis73, on , said: ((hugs)) I'm sorry, I didn't want to upset you. I just thought I needed to share this here so everyone could

this was sent too me just now .... a chat that was back in 2011:

This is Google's cache of http://chatroom.lapb.../chat-2622.html. It is a snapshot of the page as it appeared on Aug 4, 2013 01:30:59 GMT. The current page could have changed in the meantime. Learn more

Tip: To quickly find your search term on this page, press Ctrl+F or ⌘-F (Mac) and use the find bar.

Text-only version

Chat Rooms > Lap-Band Support > Message History

I've been running LapBandTalk for over a decade now and have never sold any personal info, nor do I ever plan on it.

Your pictures and personal convo's will never be sold.

Please keep in mind......Anything you post online anyone can see.

how do people get a hold of this stuff?

LBT is my place to come and talk with others about stuff that i can't with others and to be honest... I feel violated.

I know you cant monitor everything, but are this updated going to do a better job at protecting out privacy?

how do people get a hold of this stuff?

LBT is my place to come and talk with others about stuff that i can't with others and to be honest... I feel violated.

I know you cant monitor everything, but are this updated going to do a better job at protecting out privacy?

It's called Google. Anything you post online is readily available via Google.

The chat logs won't be available once the upgrade is completed by the end of this week.

Our privacy policy can be found at the bottom of our terms of service:

PRIVACY POLICY:

We will not release any member information unless under court order to do so.

Your postings on this public forum will become public. Your text will be available to anyone with an internet connection.

We reserve the right to modify and amend these terms at any time without notice. It is your responsibility to remain informed of current LapBandTalk policies.

We do not monitor private messages. But we will investigate all allegations of PM abuse.

We further, reserve our right to disable any account at any time for any reason and without notice.

If there are any rules or policies you do not understand, please contact us.

Finally; any abuse towards our staff and/or management in any form, may result in immediate suspension of your account.