Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am about 3 weeks post op, and I am feeling really discouraged. I am not losing weight the way I thought I would. I lost 13 pounds in the pre op diet, but in the last 3 weeks since my surgery (Sept 19th), I have only lost 10 pounds. What am I doing wrong? I follow the diet to a T, but expected to have lost a little more by now. Would love to here others thoughts and opinions. Thank you!

Sounds like you're doing everything RIGHT. Ten pounds in 3 weeks is pretty darn good, in my opinion.

Remove "only" from your dictionary - you've done very well - 23lbs down is almost 2 sizes...I'm up almost 40, I know. I'd be elated to loose 23lbs. Remember your body is in shock too - surgery, dieting, not the norm. Keep positive and get on here for support - this place is great. I chat regularly and love the advice from some very seasoned people!

You might want to lower your expectations? 1-2 lbs average per week is normal. 10 lbs is above average imo.

The average weight loss with the band is 1-2 pounds per week. You've lost 3.3 pounds per week. You're already way over the expected average.

Remember, the weight didn't come on overnight and it won't come off overnight either.

The average weight loss with the band is 1-2 pounds per week. You've lost 3.3 pounds per week. You're already way over the expected average.

Remember, the weight didn't come on overnight and it won't come off overnight either.

This is all true, plus your body is still healing. It took me a good 3/4 months to feel like I didn't have surgery. Where I was back to feeling like myself again with no pulls and pains.

Keep to the program, and you will lose slow and steady. This is not a gastric by pass. It's going to take some time for your body to learn to work with your band.

Your doing great keep up the good work!

Thanks for the kind words friends! You are all so right. I am so glad to be on this forum. I am still learning how to use it, but love reading everyones posts. I know I can do this. I go next week for my first fill.

I just downloaded myfitnesspal to help me. Looking for friends if anyone uses it!

I just downloaded myfitnesspal to help me. Looking for friends if anyone uses it!

I use mfp look me up Christyflick... :-)

still learning how to use mfp. how do I add you?

it seems that some of us will lose inches before any real lbs.. for the last week i have lost and gained the same 5lbs which had the capicity to drive me insane until i stood back and took notice of the shape of my body and the feel of my pants. i too at 3wks post ops had hopes for a bigger drop on the scale.. but i'll take the inches lost and will Celebrate them for the success they are.. I know that as long as i continue to eat less calories than i burn off the weight will drop.. i just have to be patient recovery from surgery has been slow i still get a lot of pain from my port area but it is slowly decreasing as each day passes.. we will get there.. we just have to remember this isn't a miracle weight loss program it takes hard work and dedication to be a success. I have myfitnesspal on my phone also.. intelirish@hotmail.com is my email if you want to befriend me :)

You can add me on MFP as well. Username is NNicole209.

And you are doing great!

Don't get discouraged. I had a mini melt down about the same time as you. Sounds like you're doing great. A loss is a loss. You should be PROUD! I've taken the month since my surgery to really focus on making healthy food choices. Sounds like you're already doing that! Just keep up the good work!!

Hi there, I'm trying to figure out My Fitness Pal, how to friend, etc. Found the place to add via e-mail so Intelirish I sent you one....I am sabinadublin on MFP. Cannot find how to add by name/handle, however, but I'm not giving up --

NNicole209 and Christyflick and Jen Webber -- or you can go add me if you know how. As you can see I cannot even figure out how to change the font so now I am writing in purple, which is actually rather splendid. It will be great to have a group of banders on My Fitness Pal for further support of exercise initiatives, etc. I am still not banded -- date is 11/5 so if I am not with it for a while don't worry I will get there to join you! sabinadublin aka bandista here......thanks so much for starting this thread!

Hi there, I'm trying to figure out My Fitness Pal, how to friend, etc. Found the place to add via e-mail so Intelirish I sent you one....I am sabinadublin on MFP. Cannot find how to add by name/handle, however, but I'm not giving up --

NNicole209 and Christyflick and Jen Webber -- or you can go add me if you know how. As you can see I cannot even figure out how to change the font so now I am writing in purple, which is actually rather splendid. It will be great to have a group of banders on My Fitness Pal for further support of exercise initiatives, etc. I am still not banded -- date is 11/5 so if I am not with it for a while don't worry I will get there to join you! sabinadublin aka bandista here......thanks so much for starting this thread!

I added you.

I'm not sure how to add via the phone app, but it's really easy on the internet site. Just go to community, then find friends and then there's a box where you can search by the person's username.