Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone getting banded in Nov?

Hi YaYa, Walking should help the gas pains. I took Gas-X one time and have been good. I do have a cough as well but thought it may be allergies. Each day gets better and better. I'm 6 days out and feel great! Relax and walk.

Thanks for the tips! I'm just a little concern with the coughs and the incisions. But I do put a pillow in front of my belly for support. I'm glad you are doing great!

The pillow is a good idea. I keep Water on the night table so I can sip after the cough. Also tissues so I can get rid of any mucus. Check on you tomorrow!

The pillow is a good idea. I keep Water on the night table so I can sip after the cough. Also tissues so I can get rid of any mucus. Check on you tomorrow!

Thanks!

Hope all the new bandsters are doing well! Good luck to those having surgery soon! I had my stitches and staples out yesterday, THANK GOD! It seemed like the staples were just digging into my stomach with the slightest move. I can finally put neosporin over the incisions and some Vitamin E oil. I am finally cleared for mushies for the next 2 weeks, then solids for 2 weeks, and I go in for my first fill. Started on a Protein Drink today, it's the kind that comes in a big jug that you mix up yourself. I wish I could find some pre-made, I will have to look on the boards to see what others are using. Next week for Thanksgiving will be a challenge. I am going to my sister in laws on Thursday, and then my dads on Friday. I will still be on mushies, so I know I can have mashed potatoes. But I did not tell anyone about my surgery except my husband so not sure how to explain away the fact that I am only eating 2 oz of mashed potatoes LOL My weight is down from my pre-surgery weight but I really don't except major weight loss until after my first fill.

Hi everyone, my paperwork was supposed to be submitted to insurance on the 6th and we were hoping for a surgery date around today i am still waiting on a response from insurance so i fear i may not be in nov. :-( Kinda sucks cause ive gotten used to all these nov buddies..

Even if you don't have your surgery on November we will still love ya! :)

Hope all the new bandsters are doing well! Good luck to those having surgery soon! I had my stitches and staples out yesterday, THANK GOD! It seemed like the staples were just digging into my stomach with the slightest move. I can finally put neosporin over the incisions and some Vitamin E oil. I am finally cleared for mushies for the next 2 weeks, then solids for 2 weeks, and I go in for my first fill. Started on a Protein drink today, it's the kind that comes in a big jug that you mix up yourself. I wish I could find some pre-made, I will have to look on the boards to see what others are using. Next week for Thanksgiving will be a challenge. I am going to my sister in laws on Thursday, and then my dads on Friday. I will still be on mushies, so I know I can have mashed potatoes. But I did not tell anyone about my surgery except my husband so not sure how to explain away the fact that I am only eating 2 oz of mashed potatoes LOL My weight is down from my pre-surgery weight but I really don't except major weight loss until after my first fill.

I like Premier Protein shakes. You can get them at SAMs club or Walmart

Hey ladies-

So I was supposed to have my pre-registration at the hospital tomorrow but as of this afternoon Aetna still has my case as pending. It is very annoying but unfortunately I cannot give my job less than a weeks notice that I will be out so I will not be banded in November :( I spoke with my doctor's office and pushed my date back until the end of December when I will have more time so I can take an entire week off from work. I am kind of bummed but am still not sure if Aetna is going to approve me! I hope everyone is doing well and I intend to still follow your progress and be inspired by all of you!

I am at day 7 tomorrow! I have been fine except for a lot of gas still....then the gas I think is whats causing my middle back to hurt. Have any of you had these type pains? My back hurts so that I have to come home and lay flat on my lunch break. By laying flat it helps relieve the gas. Any advice?

Tomorrow is the big day for you! How are you feeling? Mine is Friday and I had a complete melt down today. I am so scared the dr is going to open me up and say-- yup you cheated, come back later. I will keep you in my prayers. Keep us posted!!

Thanks. :) I have six days to go. So ready to do this.

My son loves Thanksgiving, it is his favorite day of the year. He looks forward to it and the big spread I always put on. He was gutted when I first told him that the big feast wasn't happening this year. But he was cool about it in a couple of minutes. He gets why. And his grandmother is going to do a smaller Thanksgiving dinner for him and his dad so that they don't miss out and I can take the day off for a change. :D

To be honest, I'm kind of looking forward to spending the day on my own. My broth and a good book, maybe a good movie or two... :) Does that sound awful?

Even if you don't have your surgery on November we will still love ya! :)

Thank u..

I ended up getting the sleeve last Thursday 11/14, but the nurse did talk to both groups LB/Sleeves about the gas pain, it can radiate from low abdominal to upper rib cage, neck, shoulder and yes back pain. It's all gas.

I had my 1st last night, I thought it was my internal staples and was in so much pain, under my right rib cage, it hurt to inhale. I walked around for a while and didn't help, I tools my Tylenol w/codienecand it helped a bit.

I realized this morning, I didn't pass any gas yesterday nor had a BM since Sunday, I got caught up in making sure I had all my fluids and Protein I forgot to try to pass gas.

I finally did both toads but still in some pain, so nurse told me to drink 15ML of Milk of Magnesia today.

If you haven't passed gas or had a BM, it will cause gas to go where it can. Hope you feel better.

PS sorry TMI but important to share about passing gas, it's hurt more than recovery in hospital.

• I am just ready to eat something good. I am one week out and have a lot of gas and my lower face hurts like I have been crying for days - may be from hitting a nerve doing the hernia repairs-

Hey ladies-

So I was supposed to have my pre-registration at the hospital tomorrow but as of this afternoon Aetna still has my case as pending. It is very annoying but unfortunately I cannot give my job less than a weeks notice that I will be out so I will not be banded in November :( I spoke with my doctor's office and pushed my date back until the end of December when I will have more time so I can take an entire week off from work. I am kind of bummed but am still not sure if Aetna is going to approve me! I hope everyone is doing well and I intend to still follow your progress and be inspired by all of you!

I will keep a good thought for your approval. Aetna likes to make you sweat it out! I have Aetna, too. They made me wait FIVE FRAKKING WEEKS. I thought I was going to tear my hair out! Hang in there.

Tomorrow is the big day for you! How are you feeling? Mine is Friday and I had a complete melt down today. I am so scared the dr is going to open me up and say-- yup you cheated, come back later. I will keep you in my prayers. Keep us posted!!

I'm feeling fine as frog's hair and ready to go, thank you. :D My only complaint? I have to check in at the surgery center at 5:45 AM which means that we have to leave the house at 3:15 to drive to the Valley from where we live. Gah! I HATE living in BFE! :P I need to settle down and get a few hours rest, if possible but right now I am a little keyed up... :blink:

We're in the Valley... got here a little early. The surgery center isn't even open yet so we're at a gas station so hubby can refresh and so on.

Man I am tired I hardly slept a wink last night. I am ready to be knocked out. LOL