Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone getting banded in Nov?

For those of you that have started liquids... What are you doing? I tried it yesterday and drank a ton of Water and 2 Protein shakes through out the day. The Protein Shakes were a little rough. Looking for other reccomendations and what Protein shakes have some of you gone with? I bought Body Fortress off Amazon. It has decent reviews and the price was right. Per 'scoop' is 30 grams of protein? Stupid question: can you have too much protein? I don't want it to make me gain weight.

Hi there, day 3 here....going pretty well except I have been a little irritable. That seems to be getting better. I'm a tea drinker and probably wasn't having enough caffeine. I have a few different shakes I'm using so that mixes it up a bit. One is a greens shake - "Paradise" Protein & Greens 113 calories, 22 grams protein. It's not quite sweet enough for me so I've been putting a little Steevia in it. I'm also drinking a LOT of cranberry Water. I fill a 32 ounce bottle almost to the top with water and add a splash of unsweetened cranberry concentrate and one capful of aloe vera juice. It's delicious and makes a better mixer for some shakes than plain old water. Also using Thorne brand MediClear shakes -- one is chocolate 145 calories 23 grams protein and the other is 180 calories 32 grams of protein. The non-chocolate one doesn't taste nearly as good to me but I feel really good from drinking them. Am also doing the Thorne liver cleanse capsules. Figure I may as well do as much detoxing as possible while I'm on this liquid stage. I have popsicles and had two the first day, one yesterday. They have mostly fruit but a little sugar in them. I don't do artificial sweeteners and prefer a little of the real thing if I'm going to have something. Yesterday I had some chicken stock, too, and that was delicious. Guess I needed something warm and savory on a cold, blustery day. I had two mugs of that -- calories are very low. Mixed in a little Umeboshi paste which is a salty flavorful Japanese plum paste that is a bit like Miso. Zero calories and delicious (high sodium, though, but I only had something like 1/16th of a teaspoon -- a little dab will do you). How are you doing with your liquid diet? Hope it's going well. My surgery is now minus two weeks. Every day is a winding road but we'll get there soon........Best wishes!

Hi there' date=' day 3 here....going pretty well except I have been a little irritable. That seems to be getting better. I'm a tea drinker and probably wasn't having enough caffeine. I have a few different shakes I'm using so that mixes it up a bit. One is a greens shake - "Paradise" Protein & Greens 113 calories, 22 grams Protein. It's not quite sweet enough for me so I've been putting a little Steevia in it. I'm also drinking a LOT of cranberry Water. I fill a 32 ounce bottle almost to the top with Water and add a splash of unsweetened cranberry concentrate and one capful of aloe vera juice. It's delicious and makes a better mixer for some shakes than plain old water. Also using Thorne brand MediClear shakes -- one is chocolate 145 calories 23 grams protein and the other is 180 calories 32 grams of protein. The non-chocolate one doesn't taste nearly as good to me but I feel really good from drinking them. Am also doing the Thorne liver cleanse capsules. Figure I may as well do as much detoxing as possible while I'm on this liquid stage. I have popsicles and had two the first day, one yesterday. They have mostly fruit but a little sugar in them. I don't do artificial sweeteners and prefer a little of the real thing if I'm going to have something. Yesterday I had some chicken stock, too, and that was delicious. Guess I needed something warm and savory on a cold, blustery day. I had two mugs of that -- calories are very low. Mixed in a little Umeboshi paste which is a salty flavorful Japanese plum paste that is a bit like Miso. Zero calories and delicious (high sodium, though, but I only had something like 1/16th of a teaspoon -- a little dab will do you). How are you doing with your liquid diet? Hope it's going well. My surgery is now minus two weeks. Every day is a winding road but we'll get there soon........Best wishes![/quote']

Wow thank you for such detailed feedback!! I don't even have to be on the liquid diet yet - but was just giving it a shot to see how I can do. But I had no ideas really and certainly wasn't really prepared to get it done. My surgery is 11/11. I'm going for a pre test next Monday the 28th and assume they will make me do liquids - especially bc of my high BMI and I have gained a few pounds in the past 2 months. Hence my crash liquid on my own diet. I want to get as low as I can for my Monday weigh in. Some of the things you mentioned I never even heard of :/

I try to ask the people at GNC for advice but they are not too helpful. I am going to try my local health food store. So many people have different tips/tricks/advice but you really just don't know what is really right for you and your health. Thank you again for your feedback. Need to stock up on some of this healthy stuff. Lol.

Dying, dying, dying for a date! The insurance person at my Drs office has been out sick so while I may be approved, I don't know it yet. Fingers crossed I'll find out something soon, I'm not a patient person. Good luck to all of you that have started your liquid diets!!

Donna I am Nov 4th too!!

Swankybangles what time is your surgery? I am 10 am. Arrival of 7:30

Swankybangles what time is your surgery? I am 10 am. Arrival of 7:30

I don't have a time yet, they're supposed to call me the Friday before! I'm assuming it'll be fairly early though!

Also, if you guys have a Vitamin Shoppe in your area I highly recommend checking it out! Super helpful and knowledgeable employees! Totally set me up with my shake mix and vitamins! Even found a 10,000 mcg chewable Biotin tab!

Hi ladies and gents' date=' I'm scheduled to be re-banded Nov. 8th![/quote']

Me too! Just for the official word today! Yay us!

For those of you that have started liquids... What are you doing? I tried it yesterday and drank a ton of Water and 2 Protein shakes through out the day. The Protein Shakes were a little rough. Looking for other reccomendations and what Protein Shakes have some of you gone with? I bought Body Fortress off Amazon. It has decent reviews and the price was right. Per 'scoop' is 30 grams of Protein? Stupid question: can you have too much protein? I don't want it to make me gain weight.

I like the premier/premium protein and the ultimate muscle protein by Beverly it tastes like cake batter! Win win?!

I could only get the UMP off amazon and its about $30 for about 29 scoops and has 21g of protein- I bought the Cookies and cream (tastes like the jack in the box Oreo shake without all the guilt!) and have tried both choc and vanilla both yummy also!

The premium/premier protein is good tried both choc and vanilla 25g of protein for about $20 at Walmart or winco(cheapest)

I think I was told to do between 70-80g of protein and I have gone up to 100g on those nothing's getting in my way days lol

I am allowed 2 shakes and one meal a day of 3-4oz of protein and a cup of fruits/veg.

Yay! The day after me!

Me too! Just for the official word today! Yay us!

Got my pulmonary clearance today WOOT! They took blood from my artery, to test Co2 levels before surgery so they will know how much gas to put in for the surgery.

I had to do several different breathing tests, and then a chest x-ray.

Got the note from the the dr with the signed clearance and faxed that out today!

Got my pre-surgery packet in the mail today. A bunch of forms to sign regarding the surgery to send back in, and my pre-op instructions. List of medications they ask not to take before, such as aspirin, diet meds, etc. (just generic info on meds for all patients, I'm not on diet meds or anything). I have a 2 day surgery bowel prep. Clear Liquids only day 1 & 2, additionally on day 2 I have to drink 1 bottle of magnesium citrate. They included a prescription for Arixtra injections, and want me to take it to my local pharmacy to have it filled so that it will be ready to pick up after surgery. I guess the pharmacy has to order it. The injections are to keep blood clots from forming. They will set me up with a home health agency that will instruct me post op to provide education on how to administer injections.

Got my pre-surgery packet in the mail today. A bunch of forms to sign regarding the surgery to send back in' date=' and my pre-op instructions. List of medications they ask not to take before, such as aspirin, diet meds, etc. (just generic info on meds for all patients, I'm not on diet meds or anything). I have a 2 day surgery bowel prep. Clear liquids only day 1 & 2, additionally on day 2 I have to drink 1 bottle of magnesium citrate. They included a prescription for Arixtra injections, and want me to take it to my local pharmacy to have it filled so that it will be ready to pick up after surgery. I guess the pharmacy has to order it. The injections are to keep blood clots from forming. They will set me up with a home health agency that will instruct me post op to provide education on how to administer injections.[/quote']

Wow! Seems like a lot of stuff :) where are you located? Just wondering if I'm going to have to do all that pre and post op >.<