Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone getting banded in Nov?

Pre Op testing went well! Date is still set for Nov 4th and I'm slowly getting prepared, got all of my Vitamins and Protein powders today. I'm just getting really excited and anxious at the same time. What do you guys do to calm nerves or mentally prepare yourselves? Anything else I should get ready? What do you have packed in your bags?

I have the invite but have not replied because I am waiting to see if my INS will deny me again or not! Last weigh in is this coming Monday October 21st. Surgery should be November 14.

Join anyway...You can be ahead of the game even if you are in December and can ask us questions if ya have any once you get banded! Good luck!

Pre Op testing went well! Date is still set for Nov 4th and I'm slowly getting prepared, got all of my Vitamins and Protein powders today. I'm just getting really excited and anxious at the same time. What do you guys do to calm nerves or mentally prepare yourselves? Anything else I should get ready? What do you have packed in your bags?

What Proteins and Vitamins did you get? And what is your plan for just liquids?

New to this forum. I have already passed my cardio pre op testing, next week is my pulmonary testing. I am scheduled for surgery on 11/15, but I might call them to see if they can bump it up a week. Very anxious to get this journey started!

I start liquids tomorrow -- technically should begin Tuesday but I'm going to jump in Monday because, well, it's a Monday. 15 days. I didn't want to use the product provided by the hospital because it's milk-based and has ingredients I don't like to put in my body, so I got one called Thorne Mediclear in two flavors plus a greens shake and one other that is on back-order (thought variety might be good). Also taking liver cleanse herbs for detoxing. Plus I have my juicer out on the counter -- have to watch calories with fresh juice, though -- I am trying to stay at 900. Husband and son will have to fend for themselves and we have no social engagements lined up, etc. (I am not telling very many people...). I'm working out all I can to set my body up for burning and just for optimal health going into this project, Project Me.

Hi All!!! Okay well my date changed when I went into my Doc's office. The date is Oct 29th and I do not have all my items and my Doctor has convienced me to change to the Mini RYGB. I am scared, should I change? He says the mini will help me acheive my weight loss but sigh, I am so scared.

I start liquids tomorrow -- technically should begin Tuesday but I'm going to jump in Monday because, well, it's a Monday. 15 days. I didn't want to use the product provided by the hospital because it's milk-based and has ingredients I don't like to put in my body, so I got one called Thorne Mediclear in two flavors plus a greens shake and one other that is on back-order (thought variety might be good). Also taking liver cleanse herbs for detoxing. Plus I have my juicer out on the counter -- have to watch calories with fresh juice, though -- I am trying to stay at 900. Husband and son will have to fend for themselves and we have no social engagements lined up, etc. (I am not telling very many people...). I'm working out all I can to set my body up for burning and just for optimal health going into this project, Project Me.

Are you having the Band? My doc says one week liquids for the band and RYG, why are you doing 2 weeks? Just curious?

Hi Guys!

I will be getting banded on Halloween. I am so excited and ready to begin this journey. I will be sure to update when I can. Good luck to everyone else as well! :)

Hi I am suppose to be banded Oct 29 but my doc has tried to get me to do the RYGB instead and I kinda torn....

I know my surgeon has booked me in for October 31st, and I started on. The shakes on the 17th it's killing me! Three shakes a day and one piece of fruit that's all I'm allowed.

I recently got approved and surgery is scheduled on November 4th in Chicago! I'd love to talk to and meet others who are getting or have been recently banded. I'm 23 and living in the Chicagoland area. I'd really love to talk to all of you and track our progress together!

Hey I'm 23 also and live in New York. I'm getting banded Nov. 7th! I start my all liquid diet this coming Thursday.. Not looking forward to it, however I can not wait till my surgery date! I was a little scared last week about complications and such but this site made me feel so much better!

Are you having the Band? My doc says one week liquids for the band and RYG' date=' why are you doing 2 weeks? Just curious?[/quote']

When I start the pre op diet I will have to do 3 weeks! It's all up to the doctor! My BMI is high so that's the reason for me also

Hi I am suppose to be banded Oct 29 but my doc has tried to get me to do the RYGB instead and I kinda torn....

At the end of the day, you have to do what you are most comfortable with. Be sure to ask lots of questions to gain more understanding of why your doctor is recommending bypass. Good Luck!

So I gained weight BUT I am still under the initial weight so now they submit and I hold my breath...

Called today and got my surgery moved up a week to Nov. 7th!! I wanted it earlier because of Thanksgiving. Not that I plan to indulge, I just didn't wanted more time to adjust to my band before being around family and a huge food spread. I am not planning on telling anyone about the surgery except my husband, who already knows. I go for pulmonary testing this week, and if no issues from that I am good to go!