Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How to eat after a stuck- would love some adivoce!

I'm slowly but surely learning how to eat with my band after each fill, although I do find one problem. If I ever do get stuck which is thankfully not that often, but does happen from time

To time...I'm unable to eat anything the rest of the day. I throw everything right back up no matter how mushy, even a smoothie! Does this happen to anyone else? & any tips on eating after you get stuck?! It's not fun especially if I ever get stuck early in the morning and then having to go a day without eating. I'm know my band is just swollen from the stuck but any advice would be greatly appreciated! :)

For me personally I don't even try to eat for 4 to 5 hours after as I don't like to hurt myself I get pains still in my shoulder and back , so I just wait , I can try to drink something slowly like sipping when I was first banded , if that goes well then I know I can eat or drink a Protein Drink but I do have to wait about a hour or 2 before I try to drink , maybe this will help and it depends on the time of day also as my band is tighter at different times and sounds funny but on the weather also.

I usually don't have a problem.....I do wait maybe 20 min - 1/2 hr...then I'll continue...sometimes with the same food I got stuck with...SOMETIMES...if it was a food I notice I get stuck with often, then that food item becomes history.....

I learn my lesson, and if I continue I take it much slower........and easier.

Because of the stuck episode there was a lesson to be learned.

When I was first starting out, within the first 6 months still trying to get to the green zone, and then learning to live with it...I have, on days, gotten stuck as many as 3 times a day....untill I finally got it through my thick stubborn head of mine I needed to change many things about myself if I wanted the band to work.

I have NOT gotten stuck now in over 2 years, have been in the Green Zone ever since, and since then have found this lifestyle the EASIEST weight loss lifestyle I could have ever imagined....I have been at my optimal weight and body fat % for a while, ad I STILL find this lifestyle to be easy and simple...as a matter of fact the longer time goes on, the easier it gets if that is possible...it all becomes second nature.

But those first 6 months...Bandster Hell is a understatement!

Wow lucky you for not getting anything stuck for so long. As for me, if I get too hungry, I eat faster and chew less then get stuck. If I keep myself hydrated and don't wait to long for meals I'm usually ok. And it hurts so much, I usually have to throw it up. After that I'm ok. But then, I eat so much slower and usually don't eat to much after that. I'm sore. I hate when it gets to that point so I really try to avoid that. And I swear, it's always when I'm really starving too. As B-52 stated, lesson learned.

You may be too tight and could use a small unfill. I'd discuss this with your doctor.

I'm slowly but surely learning how to eat with my band after each fill, although I do find one problem. If I ever do get stuck which is thankfully not that often, but does happen from time

To time...I'm unable to eat anything the rest of the day. I throw everything right back up no matter how mushy, even a smoothie! Does this happen to anyone else? & any tips on eating after you get stuck?! It's not fun especially if I ever get stuck early in the morning and then having to go a day without eating. I'm know my band is just swollen from the stuck but any advice would be greatly appreciated! :)

True Advice? You are too tight, and you probably need just a tad bit out, like 0,1cc to 0.3cc.

I am sure others who's bands are too tight can relate, but when your band is too tight, you will continue to have these problems until you remove some saline, and if you do not decide to remove some saline -- the vomiting will get worse and you will get more irritated which can eventually cause obstruction from all the swelling and you may get to the point of not being able to swallow your spit -- and if you can't swallow your spit, the surgeon may take out more than what you want out.

Good luck

Learning to eat after a fill is a trial and error situation. Things that you are able to eat before you many not be able to after. I learned this with fill 5 and a bowl of Grits. I ate them every AM. I would just say, for the first few day after a fill, be extra careful. I try to have coffee in the am because i find it help me be able to eat Breakfast. If i happen to get stuck in the am, i normally try to drink something hot, but it doesn't always work.... The reason you are still not able to get things down is probable because it was the first thing you ate and its at the bottom so everything it piling up on top. If this happens to me... and i know some of you will get upset, but i have to throw it up. I fix a shot glass with the following: half Water, lemon juice, & meat tenderizer. I shot it down and then run for the bathroom. It will all come up. Depending on the time of day it occurs, i will take some liquid Aleve or Advil and got to bed... but if's early in the day, i still take the liq pain med and just have a smoothie.

In the almost 4 years, i have never went for an unfill. If, the problem persist then i would go to the doctor.

Liquid motrin/ibuprofen.

These are NSAID's....which is very dangerous for lap banders as they can weaken the stomach wall....as per Allergan's warnings...NSAIDS should be used with caution and NOT frequently with the lap band.

I sure would not take NSAIDS to risk band erosion, liquid moltrin will help reduce swelling but it's a band aid to getting what SHE needs which is some saline removed...but again, to each it's own.

These are NSAID's....which is very dangerous for lap banders as they can weaken the stomach wall....as per Allergan's warnings...NSAIDS should be used with caution and NOT frequently with the lap band.

I sure would not take NSAIDS to risk band erosion, liquid moltrin will help reduce swelling but it's a band aid to getting what SHE needs which is some saline removed...but again, to each it's own.

NSAID's in liquid form are much safer than pill form for bandsters. You're right about the frequently part for sure. If you're frequently getting stuck and swollen enough that you need to constantly take an anti-inflammatory then something is definitely wrong.

NSAID's in liquid form are much safer than pill form for bandsters. You're right about the frequently part for sure. If you're frequently getting stuck and swollen enough that you need to constantly take an anti-inflammatory then something is definitely wrong.

The reason I say this is...last year when I got back pain...I took a few NSAIDS...thinking oh..I am 7 years out, no problem...I am not sure if this started my issues of inflammation of my HERNIA...which caused me to have to get my old band removed...but as I look back I took a few NSAIDS and I will never take any more as long as I have this new band.

my doc said if it's on Occasion... it fine in Liquid form

As I've posted before(and with links) Nsaids cause the lining in our stomach to breakdown, making ulcers easier to develop. This is caused by the drug being absorbed into our blood stream. So, pills or liquids are both just as dangerous.

tmf

i rather take an occasional dose of liq. pain med than get an un fill. But that's just me.