Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi everyone! Im new here. Was plicated 21 days ago in TJ :)

Welcome!!

How's it going?

Hi Mandabear!

Welcome! I was plicated with Dr. Ortiz also, 7 weeks ago at the OCC. I look forward to learning about your experiences. Today is a HUGE day for me! I have reached half of my weight goal! 36 lbs down, 36 to go!

Take Care and Happy Weight Loss! :)

Im doing great Kika thanx for asking how are you doing? I have lost about 15 lbs since surgery. I started my soft foods yesterday so im pretty excited about that! I had crab tonight and it was delicious! I have been having some upper back pain for the past week but im sure that will eventually disappear. Congrats Ana!! how has your journey been so far?

Hello everyone! I am new to this also. I had my surgery done in St. Louis on Aug. the 8th. I have very mixed feelings. I wish I was able to enjoy the foods I am allowed to eat. Most of all the foods stick in the bottom of my belly and I don't enjoy eating at all any more. I have lost 24 lbs. so far. My clothes fit much better and I am able to wear some that I have not wore in a while..yepee!!

How have the rest of you been doing it with eating? Am I the only one that feels this way? Do you have any suggestions? I want to get to the support group but it is difficult with only one meeting and it is in the evening.

Hi Julies,

Is it all foods that are giving you problems? Can you describe what you mean by the foods sticking in the bottom of your belly? Do you mean that you feel like it's not being digested? The only thing that I have noticed as far as food intake is that fruits take more time to process/digest, so what I do with that, is I eat fruits when I feel hungry and want something to satisfy me extra much. Do you notice that it's any particular food that's sticking to you? Is it breads? pastas? Fruits??

Congratulations on losing 24 lbs!

Mandabear,

I imagine you're on solid foods already? I"m doing good. Had a rough week 9. For me the issue is Constipation. It is the worst! And I can't seem to find anything to get rid of it. Every 3 weeks or so I face a nasty bought of it. Ohter than that i'm doing good. I have lost 24 lbs post plication and a total of 39 (15 lost pre op). How are you doing? Are you still having upper back pain? I had that for about 4 days, upper back pain on my left shoulder and rib cage. I just kept putting warm compresses on them until it subsided. Hang in there!

My journey has been pretty good. The constipation as I said is the biggest factor. That aside, I seem to loose about 2-3 lbs a week and then have a week where I either gained 4 ozs. or stayed the same, and then lose again. This week i'm having one of those stayed the same ones, but feel sort of distended. How are you feeling?

Hi again Ana. I also have had problems with Constipation recently. I had big problems the week after my surgery and I couldnt remember what the nurse told me to fix it. I just had my 6 month followup last week and told my them about my problems with constipation again. She recommended that I take more fiber... so I bought a container of Metamucil and I'm telling you it works perfectly. Even all the little pangs I had in my side went away.

Chia seeds are a great natural stool softener.

hi i am also new her i am getting a plication oct 19 with dr.corvales i was woudering if any one has had it done with the green zone i cant seem to find anyoe on here that had it but i am so happy i just booked it thanks for any feedback

hi i am also new her i am getting a plication oct 19 with dr.corvales i was woudering if any one has had it done with the green zone i cant seem to find anyoe on here that had it but i am so happy i just booked it thanks for any feedback

Green zone? Are you referring to the Lapland/Plication combination?

There are a few ppl w/ that on the Lapband forum.

hi

thanks for responding.....hospital angeles has a machine called the endoflip it measures your stomach and hepls them make the folds more precise for 1000.00 more and call it green zone i have not seen any one on here that has used this....dont know if i really need it

Hi everyone, I am a 58 y/o woman, 5'3", 281 lbs, and a 50 BMI. Right now I have good BC/BS Insurance both as a primary and as a secondary, and I have been trying for about 8 months to get their support for my surgery without success. Now I have found that one of the native American tribes is willing to pay for my surgery. Their rules are:

1 join and attend a weight loss group

2. Exercise daily and keep a journal

3. Attend all appointments with the physician who will refer me to the surgeon

4. Keep a daily journal of the foods I eat

5. Loose 30 pounds

There is a weight watchers group in the small rural town wherein live, I plan to join them. I have been walking 30 min on the weekend and riding the stationary bike 15 min twice a day at work. My next appointment is October 21st. I have been keeping a journal of my food using " my fitness pal.com". I have learned a lot about the number of calories I eat at this site. My goal is to loose the 30 pounds in 2 months. I know this all looks good but it is only my first week and I need friends to guide me and hold me accountable.

Hi I am new here :) I want to have Gastric Plication and have an appointment in two weeks with a surgeon to book my surgery . I am in Australia and can not find any local online forums so I joined this one :) I have about 160 lbs to lose

Hi Laura,

I too have just joined for the same reason, I can't find any forums in Australia. I however have had the op, last Thursday. I have already had 2 bands in 2010 and 2006, I think. I have kept the band with the plication and am on the so very not exciting liquid diet. Hopefully we can find locals that can help with info.