Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My wife and I had plication in March and have had lost some weight but yesterday we ended up in the emergency room because my wife was having bad stomach pain. After a CT and an ultrasound, it shows a large herniated sac full of Fluid hanging off her placated stomach. They are doing emergency surgery right now. They are concerned about necrosis ( dying of the stomach). I'm so scared! I'll let u know what they find.

Oh my goodness! I am so sorry to hear about your wife. Do you have an update for us? I think we all know this can be a complication but we never feel like it will happen to us. Who did your surgeries?You, your wife and your family are in my prayers.

We had it done at the OCC. The Dr just came out. They were able to convert her to a sleeve but barely. 90% of her stomach was dead and her kidneys started shutting down during surgery. The Dr said she would have been dead if they would have waited til tomorrow. We are not in the clear yet, but it's looking better for now.

Omg I thank God you are ok I pray for your wife's recovery may god watch over her and you

Parris

Am so sorry, you guys are going through this. The important thing is that you caught it early. Did you guys contact the OCC? Was the emerg team aware of what plication is? Am in Miami and only 2 doctors in the city know about the procedure.

Keep us posted and be strong for her.

The news of you wife has really made me sad. She is one amoungst us and it feels like one our family members has had complications. She's in our prayers and will recover very soon. Keep strong and prayful. Your love will give her the strength to win over this period. Love and blessings. Plz keep us updated.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your wife. I really hope everything is okay. I know now you are focused on her getting better but I would be grateful if later you could share if there were any other signs or symtoms that she had since I worry about what to look for in case of these type complications. Please keep us posted on how she is doing.

For about 3 weeks she was having what she thought was heartburn. She called the OCC a few times and they told her this was natural. Then came stomach pains so we went to our local ER. They had never heard of the surgery. They did a CT and said everything looked fine and sent her home. Next day the pain was not getting better so we went back. Again, no help. I called around to find the closest bariatric surgeon in the area. Once we got there by ambulance, they looked at the CT that was done and opened her up within an hour and performed the operation. She is doing better this morning but her heart rate is still very high and they are monitoring her organs closely. Anyone who has had this surgery needs to have a plan of where to go if this were to happen to u. They said she was hours from dying even though she was conscience, walking, and feeling ok because of the Meds she was on. Once the stomach starts dying, toxins flush into the cavity and kill all the organs. God bless

You and your wife are in my prayers. I have been thinking about having the gastric plication procedure at Angeles Health in Mexico, but after reading about your wife's complication with the gastric plication, I am really really really nervous. Thank you for sharing this unfortunate experience. Keep looking onward and upward. God Bless!

My wife and I had plication in March and have had lost some weight but yesterday we ended up in the emergency room because my wife was having bad stomach pain. After a CT and an ultrasound, it shows a large herniated sac full of Fluid hanging off her placated stomach. They are doing emergency surgery right now. They are concerned about necrosis ( dying of the stomach). I'm so scared! I'll let u know what they find.

For about 3 weeks she was having what she thought was heartburn. She called the OCC a few times and they told her this was natural. Then came stomach pains so we went to our local ER. They had never heard of the surgery. They did a CT and said everything looked fine and sent her home. Next day the pain was not getting better so we went back. Again, no help. I called around to find the closest bariatric surgeon in the area. Once we got there by ambulance, they looked at the CT that was done and opened her up within an hour and performed the operation. She is doing better this morning but her heart rate is still very high and they are monitoring her organs closely. Anyone who has had this surgery needs to have a plan of where to go if this were to happen to u. They said she was hours from dying even though she was conscience, walking, and feeling ok because of the Meds she was on. Once the stomach starts dying, toxins flush into the cavity and kill all the organs. God bless

Wow! That is so scarey!! It especially caught my interest because I have been having pain also. The pain is on my left side just under my ribcage. Where was your wife's pain? Did it actually feel like heart burn or just a pain? Does certain food trigger the pain? I wonder if I should get my pain checked out. I'm 2 years out and started having this pain about 1 month ago.

The pain was also in her left rib cage and just got worse. She thought it was heartburn for a couple weeks.

How is your wife now???

Feeling very sad for your wife and the trauma this has caused. Please tell us how she is doing and more details on what pre empted this ? We're the pains only when she ate? Or all the time?

Thoughts and prayers to you and your wife. Wow this is very scary as I've been having stomach issues since late June but I just found out that I'm 11 weeks pregnant and figured it was that or at least I hope so. Mine is more being nauseated (upset stomach) but no puking. Now I'm worried, I also went to OCC March 14th.

I hope your wife is recovering well and your hanging in there. How scary this must be for you guys. Please update us with any details. Many blessings!