Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm New Here Just Wanted To Introduce Myself....

Hey guys,,

I just wanted to say hello I'm new here and I need as much support as possible. I haven't gotten my surgery done yet im about to go to my last visit So I can get a date... I'm really looking forward to it as I a kinda fed up with being the big girl in the crew. I wanna look hot at all time...

I'm gonna do my surgery in MA..... My starting weight is 211 I'm 5'3

Welcome to the club Jeanet! You'll be "hot" in no time!

I would not change my choice of getting this surgery if you paid me lol!!!! I am 5'7' and my starting weight was 341 I had my surgery on march 3rd and I am down,66.2lbs as of today,.I am feeling and looking do much better. I wish you the best and look forward to hearing about you success...

Hi jeanet,

Welcome to our group! I always had an option of getting a sleeve done very easily. It's a common procedure. But as I always said I wasn't always comfortable with the idea of a part of my stomach being taken away. I wanted a plication even when most surgeons in India were skeptical about it.

Of the stomach are not disturbed. Every cell in our body has its importance. Our tummy pouch is bigger than other skinny people but the functions are not different. Many argue that in plication the grehlin keeps causing hunger pangs and could lead to mixed results regarding weight loss, unlike in sleeve where the grehlin part is removed. But they should also know that same portion has the intrinsic factors responsible for assimilation of vit B12. You are taking away that part too and it's irreversable. Remember managing hunger is easier than managing vitB12 deficiency.

As for you, you are on the lighter side of obesity, plication will prove good for you. I was 207 lbs and 5'5". I've lost 13lbs. I m three wks post op. change your mind towards sleeve, get plicated instead.

Hey J,

Welcome to the club. My surgery has been a success. I started off at 260 and am down to 218 in almost 3months. To me the worst part was getting a skinny, healthy brain. Am not hungry but my mind is. Am going to the gym 4 days a week and drinking alot of Water. Follow doctors orders and you should be great.

I wish you the very best, keep us updated.

Hi Jeanet,

I am new to this forum too. I had my plication done in July, the 20th, and have been very happy with my decision. Welcome aboard.

HI GUYS!! OK I AM GOING IN ON MONDAY FOR MY PLICATION AND I AM SO EXCITED SCARED NERVOUS YOU NAME IT I'M FEELING IT!! I AM VERY OVERWEIGHT 5'3 AND 317 YET MY DR (CHAE) THINKS PLICATION WILL BE THE BEST CHOICE FOR ME!! I DO HAVE GOOD CONTROL BUT FOR THE PAST 5 YEARS I JUST STOPPED CARING(AFTER A LIFETIME OF DIETS THAT YO-YO'D) SO I REALLY HAVE PUT ON ALOT OF WEIGHT ON MY SMALL FRAME! I JUST WANT TO FEEL BETTER! I REALIZE I MAY NEVER BE 'THIN' BUT I WANT TO BE SOMEWHAT NORMAL! MAYBE A 16 INSTEAD OF SZ 28? ANY COMMENTS AND SUPPORT WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!! WISH ME LUCK!!

I haven't been on here in so long it's been 3 yrs.. Well guys I had my surgery in September of 2012 best decision of my life... I wouldn't take it back for the world... No complication, just struggles when it comes to my eating habits I find myself falling back into my old habits once in a while but then I remember why I did what I did & smack myself right back into reality. & that's one of the reasons I decided to come back and start posting about my journey how has everyone been..

Hi there and congratulations, welcome, etc. The plication people do very well -- I had not heard of it when I had my surgery in 2013 or I think I may have been interested. Weight Loss Surgery is such a great relief. I love having my hunger dimmed and being able to life my life in a whole new way -- wouldn't trade it for anything!

Nice to see good results with plication. It is not so common so we hear less about it. Going to get my plication on July 17th and am ready to get on with my life as a thinner , healthier person.