Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Getting Ready To Roll...

Hello-

I am new to this site (well I have come through and read others stories so not really). I have struggled ALL

my life with my weight. I have tried EVERYTHING, and the weight will come off, but some how end up right back on if not more so. I have become so discouraged that I have all but given up. For the last 3.5 years I have been absolutely miserable, clothes dont fit, I have decreased energy, I am sweaty, and now seem to snore ALL the time ( I NEVER snore). I attribute this to the increase in meat on my bones. It's funny because people who don't have weight issues can ALWAYS provide you with "easy" answers. LOL I don't want to go anywhere because I don't feel good about my appearance. Being smaller doesnt solve all of life's problems (this I know), but it sure as hell makes life a "little" more easier not to mention enjoyable. I have made a concious decision to have this surgery to take back my life. I am scheduled to have it 4/20, in Mexico, but have questions. Anyone have it done at Jerusalim Hospital? How was your treatment? Recovery? Any words of wisdom anyone can offer I would be ETERNALLY gratefull. I don't have much support from my family members who seem to think I am taking the "easy" way out. Or who think my weight gain isnt that bad. I am 5'4" and weigh a good 270ish-I stopped getting on the scale cuz it was damn depressing. More than anything else I need words of encouragement as I am not getting that at home.

I feel your pain, it is hard when people look at you as if we want to be this way, say to you will eat less, drink more Water, exercise, meanwhile they are skin and bones have no clue what we endure or feel. Is this an easy way out, I do not think so, just a great tool, to help us get to where we feel good, have energy, want to go out, go to stores that are regular sizes. (I know when I dropped all my weight years ago, I went into a store to buy some clothes, the salesclerk said to me, you may want to go to the front section, these are all plus sizes. I want that feeling back). Chin up you will do great, I am having my surgery with dr garcia, my friend went the end of January, is doing fantastic, she said everyone was so nice, and attentive. She is on week 3 and down 30 lbs already.

Keep in touch I would love to hear how u r doing

The journey has begun and look at it with excitement....you're doing this only because you know you will feel better and that is worth a lot than being "thinner" it's healthy you want and deserve. I think you should start now being the change you want to see....walk a lot force yourself to do the things you will need to do post surgery. You're going to do great and tell yourself that when you walk...headphones on chin up and look fwd never back. Can't change what's in the rearview mirror only what lies before you...good luck

Sexy back- like you am also tired of not having energy, not enjoying life and most importanly not enjoying my family. Since I didn't want to explain my decision about the surgery, the only person I've told (of course) is my husband. I personally don't want to hear about taking the easy way out, or after sugary questioning me about why I haven't lost more weight... Look foward, be positive and rest assured everything will fall into place. WE have all decided to get healthy which is the most important thing. Size 10 here we come!!! Lol. Good luck!!!