Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

REALISTICALLY, WHAT DO YOU EXPECT TO LOSE?

Apparently, Plixies have a much slower weight loss rate than those who have other types of wls. At least this is what I am reading. On top of that I happen to be a slow loser anwayway. It was my intention to loose 78lbs. So far, I have 48 lbs. So, Im sitting here wondering, will I really ever lose the last 30 lbs? I know that I will probably loose 20 more lbs, but I cant say with certainty that I will lose 30 lbs more. I say this because it has really been a struggle to do the 48lbs. THis surgery was nothing more than a tool. I still have to keep my eating habits at the fore front of my mind and really watch my food and Water intake. Im sure it will be like this for the rest of my life. Just the hand I was dealt. But in my heart, I really wonder sometimes if I will ever make my goal. I was expecting for this to take about 5 months and it looks like it will take about 8.5 months to reach goal. I know I chose the right surgery for me. Also, I realized that there has been little to no deprivation. I can still eat what I want, just not much of it AT ALL.

How do you feel about your goal and has it changed since started to see results?

I have been rethinking my goal lately too. I honestly would be happy with 180, which is 30 lbs more than my "goal". 190 doesn't look bad on me, and would put me comfortably in a size 12, so anything under that just be icing on the cake. I think it's going to take me at least a year to get to my goal if I do continue to push for the 150. It might even take me that long to get to the 180 at this rate. I think it's good to have an ultimate goal in mind, but I think it's also good to be realistic, and know when you feel healthy and comfortable in your weight.

I agree. My original goal was to be at 199 which at the time of my surgery seemed almost an impossibility. 6 months later I am 28 pounds away from that goal. So I have revised my goal to 185. I would eventually like to be around 175ish. My doctor's goal is closer to 150 but I would never want to weigh that. First I think I would be too thin and my husband wouldn't like me at that weight :)

I'm hoping to reach my goal of 185 by my 1 year surgiversary. Please remember that when I was originally banded it took me 2 and a half years to lose 110 pounds so with the plication I m losing much faster.

Plixies??

First I think I would be too thin and my husband wouldn't like me at that weight :)

I'm right there with you on that...every time I mention my original goal weight my hubby looks sad, lol! He likes the curves and a little padding.

I was hoping to lose >50lbs (given I did >40lbs with WW but then re-gained, I was really hoping to lose 70lbs).

I barely have any restriction to speak of and can't really say I have much of a tool at all! sad.gif

Aah lena :(

U deserve the best tool to help you lose weight. I really hope you find a doctor that can help you.

I think that is her term for plicationers. (now that sounds like vacationers, which I could totally get on board with!)

Yes! Sounds great!

FATPHAT.."PLIXIES" IS MY TERM FOR PATIENTS WHO HAVE HAD PLICATION WLS. WE HAD TO BE CALLED SOMETHING..LOL

Cool! Love it!