Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

HATERS, HATERS, HATERS

Hello Plixies (plicators..just my lil name for yall)!

I wanted to post about the "haters" that I have encountered since I Iost weight. Now, my surgery will be 5 months old on 8-23-2011 and I have only lost 48lbs. Yes, Im a slow loser, but at least I am a loser. Not necessarily where I hoped to be at this point, but, I will take it. I am so very suprised at the people who I thought would be happy that I lost weight. So many people are so dang jealous that its riduclous. Now, I cant really see for myself a drastic weight loss on me, but to go from a size 20 to a size 14 must be some kind of a big deal. Enough to excite a riot with my friends and family and co workers. Now all of a sudden, my sister and girl friends are all on diets, exercising or having Lipo suction. None of them, I mean none of them were remotely interested in their appearance before my surgery and I am genuinely happy for them for bettering their health and lives, but why, WHY, WHY SO MUCH DANG JEALOUSY!

Now mind you, I am as curvy as a coke a cola bottle. I forget about my body shape because I had been obese soo long. Well, now they (meaning famililiar haters)are telling me "dont stop now you have soooo much more to go". Im like "you haters,.. when is the last time you lost 48lbs in your life let a lone 4.5 months"? Well, right now, I weight 180lbs and I only intend on losing about 22 more lbs.. so what they mean by "you have sooo much more to go" is beyond me. I love walking past and seeing my reflection now and i usually see some jealous green eyed hater in the background. I know that Im not where I want to be, but look at where I have come from.

I want to say to all t he new Plixies 'STAY ENCOURAGED" You should go back and read some of my posts from the first 1-3 months. So many people had to talk me "off the ledge" around here and I am grateful to them all.

Here is to all the Plixies that had the courage to make such a life changing decision and LET ME THANK MY HATERS.. WERE IT NOT FOR YOU, I WOULDNT WORK SO HARD AT BEING SUCH A FOXY DIVA!

Misti

Yeah! Good for u Diva!

You have taken a negativity and turned it into something positive. :)

You go girl! I'm glad to hear that you're liking where you're at and it sounds like the wls has been a fabulous success and you have exactly the right attitude!

Love it! You go girl! (O.K., now I get the "plixie" comment...cute!)

My family hasn't seen me since I started losing weight, but as soon as they do I am sure that my evil sister will start hating on me. Anytime I have ever lost weight in my life she always does that. (She was always skinny as a child, and skinnier than me as an adult, but that's about all she has going for her and she knows it.) I'm trying to make it a point to stay away from the people that I think will act ugly towards my weight loss. I am an emotional eater, and I have realized over time that some of my "friends" and family are very poisonous, and I react to their hurtful comments by overeating...I'm trying to break that 30+ year cycle now. I didn't get therapy pre-surgery since I was a self pay in Mexico, but I am trying to make better mental health choices and life choices, because I know that my weight is directly tied to my emotional well being.

No one knows? That was very brave of you to go completely on your own! I didn't tell most people (family included), but hubby knew and was my rock of support. I don't think I could have gone through with it if he wasn't there.

No one knows? That was very brave of you to go completely on your own! I didn't tell most people (family included), but hubby knew and was my rock of support. I don't think I could have gone through with it if he wasn't there.

Only my husband knows.

Well Diva, I am happy for you. You must look great! Wish I had curves. It's sad that we live in such a competitive environment. I love the "plixies" label and will wear proudly, although I guess I am a "banded plixie.". I've told only my family, close friends and a few co-workers because I have this dread of being judged for "taking the easy way out" and then being judged if I don't lose the weight or gain some back. I have told people I know will be happy for me and supportive. I was worried about telling two of my sisters and my parents, but luckily they have been very supportive, I think because they have seen me struggle so long with my weight and increasing health problems because of it.

weight.png

post-605-13813845291265_thumb.jpg post-605-13813845291265_thumb.jpgHELLO PLIXIES:

Thanks for all of your responses. I just want to say stay encouraged. This is not an easy road. I havent lost anything in almost a month. Im not tripping though.. It will come off but now I have to take some responsibility where as it just seemed to fall off on its own. I re read my post and since I said I was as "curvy as a coka cola bottle" thought I better back it up with a picture. Hopefully it attaches.

Stay encouraged!

post-203700-13813131220885_thumb.jpg post-203700-13813131220885_thumb.jpgHELLO PLIXIES:

Thanks for all of your responses. I just want to say stay encouraged. This is not an easy road. I havent lost anything in almost a month. Im not tripping though.. It will come off but now I have to take some responsibility where as it just seemed to fall off on its own. I re read my post and since I said I was as "curvy as a coka cola bottle" thought I better back it up with a picture. Hopefully it attaches.

Stay encouraged!

Wolf whistle!!!! When was this picture taken?

HEY FATPHAT.. IT WAS TAKEN ON 9-10-2011..

So, this isn't a BEFORE picture?? Wow!!! Looking good Texas!

Texas Diva,

You have just got me a whole lot more excited about my surgery Oct 4th 2011!!! You look AMAZING!!! I am sad to read that you have haters!!! What is wrong with people? I have had a bunch of people at the weight loss clinic tell me to only tell the closest people to me and only the one's I knew would be supportive. I have told my immediate family and my closest friends, as well as a couple other (over weight friends) who I have found out have also had weight loss surgery! I didn't think anyone would be unsupportive, but I also don't want people to associate me as the "weight loss surgery girl". I realized what they meant when I called and told my uncle who lives in CA (I'm in WA). He was very weird about it and made me feel very awkward. Then he started telling me how to diet and what I should be doing to lose weight (as if I haven't tried and am going to cancel the surgery and just do what he says). I realized really fast why they said you can't un-tell people!!! I wish I could take that phone call back and just allow him to be upset with me later for not telling him! I also wish he had asked me questions about the surgery rather than lecture me on diet! Now he knows nothing about whats going on, and is no doubt telling my other CA relatives. He must have had some pent up frustrations because he also lectured me on my mom's health, saying that she is unhealthy. Yeah, she has terminal cancer! I would say that's unhealthy!!! She was obese her adult life like me, but has now lost a lot of weight due to the cancer. I am hoping he will call me soon and at least talk to me about it (I don't want to call him!) I am hoping he told my aunt and she will talk sense into him. We are very close and I would hate for this to drive a wedge between us! WOW, thanks to anyone who reads this whole thing! I guess I really needed to get this off my chest!

I look forward to hopefully start looking like a coke bottle soon!!!! I really don't think I will have any haters, but if I do.... They are not worth my time!

I wanted to post about the "haters" that I have encountered since I Iost weight. Now, my surgery will be 5 months old on 8-23-2011 and I have only lost 48lbs. Yes, Im a slow loser, but at least I am a loser. Not necessarily where I hoped to be at this point, but, I will take it. I am so very suprised at the people who I thought would be happy that I lost weight. So many people are so dang jealous that its riduclous. Now, I cant really see for myself a drastic weight loss on me, but to go from a size 20 to a size 14 must be some kind of a big deal. Enough to excite a riot with my friends and family and co workers. Now all of a sudden, my sister and girl friends are all on diets, exercising or having Lipo suction. None of them, I mean none of them were remotely interested in their appearance before my surgery and I am genuinely happy for them for bettering their health and lives, but why, WHY, WHY SO MUCH DANG JEALOUSY!

Now mind you, I am as curvy as a coke a cola bottle. I forget about my body shape because I had been obese soo long. Well, now they (meaning famililiar haters)are telling me "dont stop now you have soooo much more to go". Im like "you haters,.. when is the last time you lost 48lbs in your life let a lone 4.5 months"? Well, right now, I weight 180lbs and I only intend on losing about 22 more lbs.. so what they mean by "you have sooo much more to go" is beyond me. I love walking past and seeing my reflection now and i usually see some jealous green eyed hater in the background. I know that Im not where I want to be, but look at where I have come from.

I want to say to all t he new Plixies 'STAY ENCOURAGED" You should go back and read some of my posts from the first 1-3 months. So many people had to talk me "off the ledge" around here and I am grateful to them all.

Here is to all the Plixies that had the courage to make such a life changing decision and LET ME THANK MY HATERS.. WERE IT NOT FOR YOU, I WOULDNT WORK SO HARD AT BEING SUCH A FOXY DIVA!

Misti

You GO, GIRL!

Misti