Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

"Big boned girl"

Has anyone ever been told they were big boned and would never be skinny? I've been told this my whole life and I do have broad shoulders so I'm a little afraid that when I do lose it won't look like it or ill still look big. I'd just like to be able to wear bracelets or a watch. And maybe be able to pull off a halter top or strapless once in my life.

I've been pondering this a lot lately...because apparently I'm not a big boned girl after all!!! At 198 pounds my size 14 pants are starting to fall off and, dare I say this out loud, I appear to have a very delicate neck and shoulders.....

When I started this, I pictured myself ending at a 14...I'm quickly pushing 12s on bottom and I've still got 44 pounds to go to a 'normal' weight....if I make that weight I think I'm looking at an 8 or possibly 6....HOLY FREAKING COW!!!!!! Never ever ever did I dream I might hit single digit sizes!!!!

It's like Christmas every day :D

HW 312, pre-op (RNY) 255, current weight 198

You'll be amazed how massive weight loss will transform your body shape. You'll start noticing bones where you had no idea you had them, your face will shape up and you'll also start noticing your neckline, your posture will straighten up rather than hunch backed.

Don't believe those around you, who spew negative comments. They have absolutely no idea. You know your body better than anybody else. Trust it to lead you to success.

I have a large frame for a woman. I have broad shoulders and large wrists. I have lost about 120lbs. I am in a size 2-6 jeans (it really depends on the maker) I wear a small to med shirt. I look like a weigh less, but due to my frame size I weigh more. I weigh about 136 right now, but most women that are in a size 2 weigh 120 or so. I hope this helps.

post-19758-13813813130773_thumb.jpg

Has anyone ever been told they were big boned and would never be skinny? I've been told this my whole life and I do have broad shoulders so I'm a little afraid that when I do lose it won't look like it or ill still look big. I'd just like to be able to wear bracelets or a watch. And maybe be able to pull off a halter top or strapless once in my life.

How did your surgeon's office describe you during your surgery appt? I always thought I had a large frame but they told me that I had a medium frame.

Sent from my iPad using RNYTalk

I think there is some way that you can measure your wrist or hip bones to determine whether you are "big boned" or not. Maybe look on the internet.

This is an interesting topic as my husband and I were just talking about this the other day. Even though I have always thought of my self as a big boned girl I look so small now. Mind you I wear a 6 or 8 now with a med top but the veins pop on my arms and I have one vein I noticed on my forehead. So ya I think you can have a larger frame but will appear petite after losing weight

date of surgery 02/21/12 surgery weight 340 lbs. current weight 146 lbs

Tada!!!!

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/imagepages/17182.htm

Wrist circumference and frame size.

According to that site I'm small framed, on another I'm medium, guess it isn't rocket science!

I am tall, have big ft (size 10 -11), big hands (long fingers...smallest ring size ever is a 7 send that was when I was in hs and weighed 125-140. My hips, ankles. Wrists are all pretty big. I think I'm big boned but I don't think there is anything exact out there.

Tada!!!!

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/imagepages/17182.htm

Wrist circumference and frame size.

According to this I am a large frame. Now, my wrists don't look "fat" but...thus obviously wouldn't be accurate if they were chubby!

According to this I am a large frame. Now' date=' my wrists don't look "fat" but...thus obviously wouldn't be accurate if they were chubby![/quote']

I would definitely go by NIH

Sent from my iPad using RNYTalk

I figure with it being NIH it's about as accurate as you can get...on this particular topic anyway.

I tell you what, i have small bones, and no matter how big i got, my wrists were always small-but i got fat. Now my mother was big boned, 5' 7", and could have been a model easily. When she was in her 40s she was having trouble keeping the weight on. You may not ever look like a twig, but you will look thin and beautiful! Just keep on track. :). Besides, who wants to look like a twig. I know i dont.

I always thought I was big boned too!! I've lost 75 calories and I can say that I really don't think that's true!! My wrists are small, my hands are small and my neck is actually swan like!! My legs are actually looking pretty Shapley and I never have liked my legs!! I'm 191 now and started at 266. I'm in a 14 pants and large top!! I never ever thought that would happen!!! I'm also 4 mos out!! Whoo HOO!!! Loving this new me Nd new life!! I want to loose 25 more lbs to get to a normal BMI.