Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

And the nightmare continues…

Hello, this is a follow-up post to my original thread called "horrible experience thus far." Things have only gotten worse since I posted that, I am still in the hospital and I got here for my surgery on August 13. It is now the 26th. I am very weak have had nothing to eat except for ice chips. And I am very very sick, as I mentioned in the last post my belly felt like he was blowing up like a balloon and no one would believe me or take me seriously and I felt like I was annoying all the nurses because I was in excruciating pain and nothing was being done about it other than giving me pain medicine and putting me to sleep. I wanted to fix the underlying problem. My doctor is nigerian and actually have to leave the country last minute due to some unknown issues, but he left me in the hands of someone named Dr. Harold who had assisted him with my surgery. I had not really liked Dr. Harold, he would cut me off and I didn't really feel safe in his hands. He agreed to do some x-rays and found nothing wrong. I asked for a CT scan and i think he agreed because he wanted me to stop complaining. The CT scan showed I had a huge blockage - my intestines were twisted around after the stoma so everything was just being blown up as I said assumed, and he had to do emergency surgery that day. Let me make note that before any of this even happened with the second surgery, I couldn't hold anything down. I was throwing up Cello so they put me back on ice chips. However brilliant Dr. Harold want me to drink magnesium citrate. That made me sick all day and guess what it did to me: I was actually pooping out of my mouth. Since I was just nothing but ice chips and it was clear and magnesium citrate was also clear, I was wondering why I was throwing up brown smelly liquid that looked and smelled just exactly like.diarrhea? I showed it to the nurses and they agreed something was off about it. After the 2nd surgery w/ Dr Harold he confirmed that it indeed was feces.

NOW after that surgery I couldn't pee on my own. I needed to wear a catheter. Also I hadn't pooped the entire time I was here. Every day I felt worse and worse. I did not feel better. Still no luck with the bloated feeling. Now that my dr is back in town we are doing another CT scan tomorrow, this time with the contrast, as I had not before. And depending on what that says, I may need a third surgery.

I have also gotten a horrible case of thrush int mouth from all the antibiotics.

I have gained 12 lbs since I've been here... How? liquids and ice chips? They also put a central line in my neck so they can feed me, because my white blood count, Protein,

Calcium levels, and all that stuff is dangerously low, so I will probably gain more weight.

I'm really wishing I didn't go through with this. I'd rather be fat and happy than miserable and in pain.

I want white pizza. Will I ever be able to eat it again?

I'm def so sad to hear how things turned out for you. I'm gonna say some prayers for your healing It just sounds terrible. So sorry u have had to go thru this. Hugs. Hope u are feeling better soon.

What a nightmare. I will say some prayers for you. I've had some minor complications but nothing this bad. Good for you for standing up for yourself. Too many people trust that their docs are always 100% right! I hope things change soon for you, it will take a while for you to not regret any of this! We are all here for you!

Prayers coming your way and hoping for nothing but the very best.

So sorry MissM....It is just awful the way you were treated...I am praying for a speedy recovery...I hope it will soon be a distant memory....*HUGS*...keep us updated..and feel better soon....xxxxx

I hope everything turns out...crazy complications, and horrible. I think you're wise to question, question,question....if something is not right demand answers!

I'm so sorry this is happening to you. I have a good feeling about the outcome of your health. After this is over & if you need 3rd surgery you will be successful. Sometimes we hit a rocky road & we feel the why did I do this but look at it this way. We take risk & chances in life everyday.

I had 3 c sections I heal & survive. My friend had 1 c section & she die on the operating table.

I had Wls 14 months ago. I'm a complete success. My friend had Wls 1 day before me she is also a success. Only cuz you had or are having a bumpy road doesn't mean you won't bea success. When you reach goal which you will you won't ever want a white pizza again cuz you will think of how long it took you to be successful then you will remember my words.

Nothing comes easy in life. I have a great success but a horrible marriage. Have a great day I'm sending you a big hug & think positive.

I am so sorry you are going thru this. We should be able to trust the team of doctors we put our lifes in there hands. And I always say listen to your body. Eff "bothering" someone. Right after sugery I was in pain but I was walking and able to stand. A week later I had a horrible pain in my largest incision and couldnt stand straight. Even my own family talked to me like I was being silly. Telling me I couldn't handel pain... and of course I will hurt I just had sugery. I went to my doctor and saw his pa. They gave me more pain meds. Next day woke up and my largest incision had bursted open and was infected. When I saw my actuall doctor he saw it and I could tell he was pissed... how was I just in his office and his pa not catch it. My complication was minor but still miserable... so I can't even imagine what you have to go thru. I hope you get on that road to recovery asap.

:-(

HW:358 DOS:338 CW:275 SD:1/28/13

How are you MM? are you getting better? hope you are progressing...thinking of you and praying for a quick recovery...

any updates?

Im soooo sorry you are having these complications, I am definitely praying for a speedy recovery, none of us like hearing about complications, that's when we band together to lend support, I am proud of u for standing your ground, never be afraid to demand answers or persistent when it comes to your health, my heart go out to you, while we all may have something to complain about, it's nothing compared to what you are going through, Be Blessed, and remember, we are all rooting for your recovery.

Hope you are feeling better. I'm so sorry you are having complications.

I just got out of the hospital last night. I am still in excruciating pain 1 month later. They never did a 3rd surgery but they did have to drain some liquid from my pelvic region. I don't know why they sent me home. I am In so much pain I can only lay on my back. I feel all twisted up inside. I feel like I am dying.